• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

So do we think there's gonna be a trade for a forward now ?

Yeah, I think so.  We still have Lindholm, Fowler, Bieska ugg, Montour and Manson.  Have Megna and Wellinski in the minors.  And if Larson can make the jump.  We still might keep Vatanen if we can sign another diamond like Eaves.

BTW.  Capfriendly has us at $9.5 million cap.  We still need a goalie backup and I think Eaves.  We have 21 people on the roster, one goalie short, and I believe 20 is a regular season team.  So we got some room to maneuver now.

I am really worried about how many players the Ducks have signed long term.  Which make the Fowler contract kinda brutal.  Almost would have been ok keeping Theo and letting Fowler go.

Long term they have money tied up with

Getz, Perry, Kesler, Rakell, Lindholm and now Fowler.

Cogs is a FA after next season and Silf the season after.

They will need to pay Montour and Manson to stay.  Picks are kinda thin too.

Edited by nate

6 minutes ago, nate said:

I am really worried about how many players the Ducks have signed long term.  Which make the Fowler contract kinda brutal.  Almost would have been ok keeping Theo and letting Fowler go.

Long term they have money tied up with

Getz, Perry, Kesler, Rakell, Lindholm and now Fowler.

Cogs is a FA after next season and Silf the season after.

They will need to pay Montour and Manson to stay.  Picks are kinda thin too.

Which makes it that much more urgent that we really take our shot.  I feel like Murray has never really made much more then half hearted almost risk free attempts to make an impact difference to the team withe the current group.  At least not since Kesler was acquired.  It seems like it's obvious that there's not enough there to win a cup.  Really, the window is closing.  We're almost to the point that we basically have to stop assuming what kind of performance we're gonna get out of Getzlaf and Kesler.  Who knows with Perry.  I'll be thrilled if he's a 50 point guy again.  

10 minutes ago, nate said:

I bet someone offers him 8/2 or something.

Maybe. But, that's an amount a team looking for wins or to get in the playoffs would pay. I don't see any of the SC contenders paying him that. So, if he wants the money instead of a legit chance for the cup, well... bye.

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  Capfriendly has us at $9.5 million cap.  We still need a goalie backup and I think Eaves.  We have 21 people on the roster, one goalie short, and I believe 20 is a regular season team.  So we got some room to maneuver now.

I really really think we tread carefully with Eaves.  He's an older player,  prone to injury, and never scored at the pace he did last year before.   Like I've said before, I'm happy to have him back as long it's a friendly deal and he's not the "move" to improve the offense.  I'd rather pay a guy like Patty Marleau.  Few years older but the guy can still fly.  Is a sniper, and has a significant track record of being an excellent scoring threat.  All around a safer move imo.  

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really really think we tread carefully with Eaves.  He's an older player,  prone to injury, and never scored at the pace he did last year before.   Like I've said before, I'm happy to have him back as long it's a friendly deal and he's not the "move" to improve the offense.  I'd rather pay a guy like Patty Marleau.  Few years older but the guy can still fly.  Is a sniper, and has a significant track record of being an excellent scoring threat.  All around a safer move imo.  

Ducks might do both, if we decide to keep Vatanen.  Trading Vatanen, then who knows what will happen.

I wonder how many trades Vegas will be doing.  They got a shit ton of players.  And their depth chart looks insane.  Oddly, I thought they were going to go Goalie deep to trade them, but it looks like they really went Defensemen deep. 

The depth will be tested without Vatanen since he's likely not making it back til november at the earliest.
I expect Lindholm will be ready for season opener or miss the first week since's he's a bit ahead of schedule already.

Fowler/Manson

Lindholm/Montour

Larsson/Bieska.

Suppose that group does really well, they could explore moving Vatanen during the season.

40 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Fuck Bob Murray. Just gotta get that out there. He's gonna regret dealing Theo. Just watch..

I would agree.  I thought Theo was a young Fowler.  He had that ability to skate the puck out of the zone and set up.  He was also good on the point.  Both really underrated skills that no one else on D possesses on the team.

53 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I would agree.  I thought Theo was a young Fowler.  He had that ability to skate the puck out of the zone and set up.  He was also good on the point.  Both really underrated skills that no one else on D possesses on the team.

Except for Montour, who is all of those things and also good defensively where Theo was a complete mess.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Except for Montour, who is all of those things and also good defensively where Theo was a complete mess.

I would disagree.   Montour can't do the point.  And he can't skate the puck out of the zone.  He can when he has the jump on the player.  But he is not a QB like Fowler is behind the net and Theodore.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lets not forget that Fowler is pretty young himself.

I think Montour is an above average carrying the puck and was not shy about firing on net from the point when he played there.  IMO its coin flip between him and Theodore as far as who's going to be better.

Montour is going to be better at slap shots than Theodore though, they need someone besides Vatanen who can fire a pretty nice slapshot.

21 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Montour is going to be better at slap shots than Theodore though, they need someone besides Vatanen who can fire a pretty nice slapshot.

as far as shooting goes.  Fowler has improved dramatically.  He actually has a pretty nice wrist shot I think.  He's average now at least.  Shooting was definitely a weakness for him prior to the last couple of seasons.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Now that the ED is over, who do you guys want the Ducks to target in free agency?  I like Eaves and would be fine with him at $2.5 or less for 2 years but he will probably be offered more by another team.  We need a 3rd line center and a left wing so what if we got Thornton and Marleau and put them on the 3rd line together? Instant chemistry and  I think they would both take a discount to stay in CA and go to a team with a real shot at the cup.  I would be ok with Vanek on a 1 year deal after his good season with Detroit last year but it would have to be a 1 year deal to keep him motivated.  Miller for backup goalie seems to fit too well to not happen, hopefully he is willing to take a backup pricetag too.   We will need to pick up a 7th dman too but I would be fine bringing Holzer back if he is willing to take the same roll again.