• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It does feel exactly like this.  I don't think we have enough up front. 

We just need the front to produce like other teams Fronts.  Did Nashville or the Penguins even have a third and fourth line?  One of the big problems, is one of our 2 top lines is sacrificing offense for defense.  And while they are one of the best at what they do.  Offensively, we have a 1 line after Eaves got there, and 3 #3/4 lines.  The Ghost of Perry really hurts us in this regards.  Because even if you get a kick ass centerman to be that #2 scoring line.  If Perry doesn't produce, it will be for naught.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

We just need the front to produce like other teams Fronts.  Did Nashville or the Penguins even have a third and fourth line?  One of the big problems, is one of our 2 top lines is sacrificing offense for defense.  And while they are one of the best at what they do.  Offensively, we have a 1 line after Eaves got there, and 3 #3/4 lines.  The Ghost of Perry really hurts us in this regards.  Because even if you get a kick ass centerman to be that #2 scoring line.  If Perry doesn't produce, it will be for naught.

I think we just are awfully thin if there's an injury or something.  Nashville is worse then us up front, but their D reliably shuts down a lot more effectively then ours.  

The FA pool wasn't too deep and clearly by the signings so far there's no way the Ducks could afford that. BM shot himself in the foot with the Stoner, Bieksa and yeah I'll say it, the Fowler extension. I haven't seen anything about it. Anyone know if there's a NMC attached? As if I have to really ask lolol. Another huge shot in the foot was not trading Vatanan. He was THE trade chip and we did nothing with it. That was the sign to me this was gonna be another slow offseason. Again, lots of time left but I doubt anything significant happens.

It seems to me that the only thing we know for sure about Bob Murrays plans is that he won't give up any of his puck moving defensemen.  On some level I think this is the right strategy, but I think that he's going to find himself in the same situation where we have guys ready to go that don't have a spot to play.  Soon.  He should trade one of them.  But we've all be arguing that for a couple of years.  

Im happy with the Fowler contract.  Ideally we don't have to hand out an 8 year term but it is what it is.  That's what top pairing d men get.  I think Fowler gave us a little bit of a break on the AAV.  GM's can't afford to let their top end guys go.  Trading Fowler would have been incredibly risky.  We still are in a win now mode.   

i know you guys disagree and that there are metrics that love Lindholm, but I'm still pretty luke warm on him.  I think Hampuis as our 1A guy is a disaster.  He's not a visible impact player right now and I don't have a ton of faith that he ever will be.  He plays a meek game.  Hopefully that changes.  We needed to make sure Fowler got locked up.  The chips to trade are either Vatanen or Larsson. 

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The Ducks have won the division 5 straight years and have been to two WCF... Nashville can't touch that, Penguins can but they have the best player in Hockey.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

Another huge shot in the foot was not trading Vatanan. He was THE trade chip and we did nothing with it. That was the sign to me this was gonna be another slow offseason. Again, lots of time left but I doubt anything significant happens.

Remember, that he is injured.  So while the media was saying he had value.  Maybe it wasn't enough value to get a top flight player.  If I was another GM, no way would I want to trade for him till I knew that his injury wasn't performance altering.

Divisions mean nothing especially when NHL rules go out the window come Game 1 of the first round. I don't think the Ducks are too far away tho. Again, if Eaves and Rakell are healthy and Gibby doesn't miss Game 6. We could be talking about our 5 game series loss to Pitt instead! We have TONS of D depth but next to zero FW depth. One guy goes down and we have no one to step in. That's where a lot of us are coming from in our points I think. Not getting the guy we have to rely on but just in case we have a guy like Rakell or Eaves or Perry go down, we can confidently say we have this FW that can step up and get those higher minutes and scoring chances.

and he's a left wing.

can you imagine top 6 of:

rakell - getz - eaves

galchenyuk - kesler - silferberg and make this a legit scoring line. 

that's delicious. then ritchie - vermette (i wish we got hanzal here tho) - perry

extend him to like 6 yrs, $5.5m.  which is not much more than vatanen is paid, so it's totally doable.

can trade stone hands cogliano if need be.

20 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

and he's a left wing.

can you imagine top 6 of:

rakell - getz - eaves

galchenyuk - kesler - silferberg and make this a legit scoring line. 

that's delicious. then ritchie - vermette (i wish we got hanzal here tho) - perry

extend him to like 6 yrs, $5.5m.  which is not much more than vatanen is paid, so it's totally doable.

can trade stone hands cogliano if need be.

Wish that third line had a better center option than Vermette.  He wins face offs.  That's all I could come up with. 

Perhaps Galchenyuk is going to be a December trade.  Once Vatanen is back.  Cap wise.  Canadians have 21 players at $15 million under the cap with Galchenyuk left to sign.  Ducks only have $5.7 million left with 21 players and everyone signed. 

i wish habs had re-signed radulov, it would have made galchenyuk definitely gone.

but the habs have big time problems because the price contract will kick in. that plus weber. and they need to re-sign patches after this season and he will get big $$.

highly doubt they do galchenyuk long term, they dont love americans in that org. 

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

i wish habs had re-signed radulov, it would have made galchenyuk definitely gone.

but the habs have big time problems because the price contract will kick in. that plus weber. and they need to re-sign patches after this season and he will get big $$.

highly doubt they do galchenyuk long term, they dont love americans in that org. 

Don't love Americans?  On July 4th?  Time to invade and give them a dose of

FreedomEagle.jpg

21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Wish that third line had a better center option than Vermette.  He wins face offs.  That's all I could come up with. 

Perhaps Galchenyuk is going to be a December trade.  Once Vatanen is back.  Cap wise.  Canadians have 21 players at $15 million under the cap with Galchenyuk left to sign.  Ducks only have $5.7 million left with 21 players and everyone signed. 

Galchenyuk can play Center, suppose they balance Getzlaf & Kesler's ice time and have Galchenyuk at 3rd line Center role with Ritchie & Perry on the wings.

59 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Galchenyuk can play Center, suppose they balance Getzlaf & Kesler's ice time and have Galchenyuk at 3rd line Center role with Ritchie & Perry on the wings.

If we have Galchenyuk and Carlyle gives him 3rd line minutes I'll lead the lynch party myself.

It's also possible that since they lost out on Radulov they aren't gonna move Galchenyuk. The Habs aren't exactly stacked at forward.  Even with Drouin.  

I think this is the more likely scenario.  I doubt Galchenyuk is available with this contract signed now. 

IMO their best move continues to be Duchene.  He's going to be moved and every day that moron Sakic doesn't deal he loses value.  Hopefully the Ducks are in on him.  I know I've said it before but I disagree that Vatanens injury is an issue.  It long healing but not one that risks severe effects on his playing ability. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It's also possible that since they lost out on Radulov they aren't gonna move Galchenyuk. The Habs aren't exactly stacked at forward.  Even with Drouin.  

I think this is the more likely scenario.  I doubt Galchenyuk is available with this contract signed now. 

IMO their best move continues to be Duchene.  He's going to be moved and every day that moron Sakic doesn't deal he loses value.  Hopefully the Ducks are in on him.  I know I've said it before but I disagree that Vatanens injury is an issue.  It long healing but not one that risks severe effects on his playing ability. 

yeah poor duchene, dude needs some new scenery.

i'd rather have mckinnon though. but definitely duchene over landeskog by a mile.

yeah i dont think vatanen's injury is a problem whatsoever. he's young, and has many years left on the deal at a great price. he's in demand if we want to trade him.

Interesting.

Ducks achieve goal, maintain roster continuity

Assuming Nick Ritchie starts the season playing with Getzlaf and Eaves, there will be competition for who gets to play with Rickard Rakell and Perry. Ondrej Kase, who played 53 games last season and occasionally got a look on that line, has the playmaking skill to be on a line with those two finishers.

Projected lineup

Nick Ritchie -- Ryan Getzlaf -- Patrick Eaves

Andrew Cogliano -- Ryan Kesler -- Jakob Silfverberg

Ondrej Kase -- Rickard Rakell -- Corey Perry

Logan Shaw -- Antoine Vermette -- Chris Wagner

Cam Fowler -- Sami Vatanen

Hampus Lindholm -- Josh Manson

Kevin Bieksa -- Brandon Montour

John Gibson

Ryan Miller