• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

40 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Just got word from a friend, a friend of his spotted marleau on his plane to OC. Presumably to talk to kings and ducks.

Or, just to hang in OC. 

I would take patty for the right price/term. But not sure I would do more than 2 years.

I want cogs off the kesler line, good guy but the hands of stone just should not be in top 6. He needs to either be traded or moved down.

So by now, he should be on the 5.  So it's a done deal.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

anything rumored by Eklund I think is extremely suspect.  That said, depending on what Buffalo wants Kane is intriguing to me.  A lot of talent in that idiots body.  Also, approaching his UFA year he should have a lot of motivation to have a big year.  I'd be happy with Kane if we aren't trading Vatanen or one of the top prospects.  In some ways more with that then being forced to give Marleau a 3 year contract.

Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: ................................As for Marleau, he’s been linked to the Ducks, Predators, Maple Leafs and Flames. The Flames would be in driving distance to his home town of Aneroid, Saskatchewan.

@Oak_leafs: Elliotte Friedman this morning on Sportsnet 590: Marleau wants to test market & thinks ANA or NYR. Thornton may be drawn to LA.

Sean Teirney: Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050 on why Thornton and Marleau won’t land in Canada. No hard push by the Leafs for a veteran. On Thornton/Marleau specifically, they have enjoyed off-ice anonymity and lifestyle in California and won’t likely anjoy attention in TOR or MTL.

Teirney seems to have described the Ducks perfectly.

Bonino is definitely an improvement, but I would imagine that he's going to try and get a more years.  This one is probably going to be his biggest contract.  Also, I think that ideally the Ducks are trying to get a more definitive scoring threat.  Marleau is pretty perfect, aside from the age.  But that didn't really stop him last year. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, nate said:

What would it take to get Bonino?  He is rumored to be after 4 mil AAV... Would be a huge improvement for the team.  Would you go 3/12?  Would he take it?

Personally, I'd pass.  He came close t o 50 points in his last year as a duck.  But in 3 years, he's been about a 40 point scorer.  I think his previous salary of about $1.9 million AAV is more in line with what he'll get.  IMO, the Ducks are probably going to look for a impact veteran that has potential to score quite a bit.  And if not, they are probably going to stand pat and wait till the midseason trade deadline.

52 minutes ago, nate said:

Bonino scored 27 goals last year I think, and is a good 2 way center.  Would allow Getzlaf to not be on the PK and save his body.

Yea this logic is sound as far as helping Getzlaf with the PK.  Like GB said though the stats u have are a bit off I think.  Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to bring him back.  Still think i prefer a more bona fide scorer like Marleau though.  Especially if we can get him on a 2 year deal.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, nate said:

Bonino to Nashville.

Eric Stephens saying that the Fowler extension will be 8 years.

Was just going to say. 

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-matt-duchene-columbus-blue-jackets-canucks-bruins-ducks/2017/07/01/

On the Anaheim Ducks …

Eric Stephens of the OC Register: The Ducks are interested in Ryan Miller and Elliotte Friedman suggested that Miller could be open to signing for a $1 million for next season.

The Ducks and Cam Fowler could be closing in on an eight-year contract extension that could be signed tomorrow at the earliest.

The Ducks could use another scorer and maybe some depth down the middle as Ryan Kesler won’t be ready for the start of the season.

The Ducks are rumored to be interested in Patrick Marleau.

8 years.  That's a long time.  Guess he wants to stay a Duck.

14 minutes ago, nate said:

Miller is 2 years 4 million.  Not great but for a backup it is not terrible and less than Bernier was.

A bit much, since that really cuts what we have left down.  Capfriendly has us at $3.5 million left in the cap.  Good news is, that is 24 players on the roster.  Also, they posted Fowlers cap hit, and indeed, this season it is $4 million.  And the next 8 will be $6.5 million. 

I really think that unless Marleu or Thornton want to take a salary cut and sign for $2.5 or both for $1 million each to get the cup, Ducks may be done for the ofseason.