• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Apparently all quiet around the Ducks.  Great. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When you don't have a first round.  And you inexplicably don't ask Bieska to waive and lose one of your Dmen that you probably could have traded for an impact Oman.  It's going to be quiet. 

I don't think so.  Because it's based on the contract.  I could be wrong.  But I think that's how it works.  So he's on the $4 million cap hit still.  Next contract, so starting next year it will be a $6.5 million hit.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't think so.  Because it's based on the contract.  I could be wrong.  But I think that's how it works.  So he's on the $4 million cap hit still.  Next contract, so starting next year it will be a $6.5 million hit.

Yea I think GB is right on.  The extension would not impact the cap until the contract takes effect.  Which is presumably '18/'19 season. 

Man we'll see about Eaves guys.  I really cooled down on re signing him since the end of the playoffs.  Hopefully he picks up where he left off last year.  He's a good get, but so desperately need another top 6 forward 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea I think GB is right on.  The extension would not impact the cap until the contract takes effect.  Which is presumably '18/'19 season. 

Man we'll see about Eaves guys.  I really cooled down on re signing him since the end of the playoffs.  Hopefully he picks up where he left off last year.  He's a good get, but so desperately need another top 6 forward 

The way I look at it.  Eaves really makes Getzlaf a much better player.  That line was a #1 line once Eaves was on it.  Really can't say that the Getzlaf line was #1 pre Eaves.  So if that line continues to perform like a #1 line, Eaves will be a steal. 

Injuries happen, and it sucks we lost him when we did.  But really the same can be said about Rakell.  We lost him to injury late also.  And to Bies....never mind about losing him. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

The way I look at it.  Eaves really makes Getzlaf a much better player.  That line was a #1 line once Eaves was on it.  Really can't say that the Getzlaf line was #1 pre Eaves.  So if that line continues to perform like a #1 line, Eaves will be a steal. 

Injuries happen, and it sucks we lost him when we did.  But really the same can be said about Rakell.  We lost him to injury late also.  And to Bies....never mind about losing him. 

You're right that Eaves made Getz a better player.  My concern is just around what we'll get going forward.  Anyway we know it worked last year.  That's more evidence then we'd get with some other FA I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Apparently something might be going on with Montreal.  Murray and the Habs GM left the draft floor.

Finally, something interesting happening.  Probably making dinner reservations.  But hey, at least it's something.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

While injuries happen, given Eave's past injury history, it seams like every injury, major or minor, sidelines him for a significant period of time.