• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Like I said, no chance they give away Cogliano, Ducks had the best shutdown line in the league last year, why would you break it up.  Not to mention they need forwards not dmen.  Gotta believe it is Vatanen and a pick.

17 minutes ago, nate said:

Like I said, no chance they give away Cogliano, Ducks had the best shutdown line in the league last year, why would you break it up.  Not to mention they need forwards not dmen.  Gotta believe it is Vatanen and a pick.

Just doesn't make sense with Vatanen and a pick.  Ducks could have had Bieska waive his NTC, and given Vatanen without losing a pick. 

Now I'm wondering if the Kerdiles rumor has any legs to it.  Kerdiles + next years #1.  Then in addition, Vegas signs Berns.  This would then allow them to trade Fleury for prospects/picks. 

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just doesn't make sense with Vatanen and a pick.  Ducks could have had Bieska waive his NTC, and given Vatanen without losing a pick. 

Now I'm wondering if the Kerdiles rumor has any legs to it.  Kerdiles + next years #1.  Then in addition, Vegas signs Berns.  This would then allow them to trade Fleury for prospects/picks. 

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'm wondering if the deal also includes Vegas trading a player they selected from another team to Anaheim, their might be a 3 way deal in that another team is leaving a player exposed for Vegas to take & deal to Anaheim.

2 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I'm wondering if the deal also includes Vegas trading a player they selected from another team to Anaheim, their might be a 3 way deal in that another team is leaving a player exposed for Vegas to take & deal to Anaheim.

That thought crossed my mind as well.  I'm waiting for some writer to write up the best people on each team exposed list.  With some teams, you have to cross them out because of the side deal with Vegas. 

Plenty of talent available for Vegas ahead of NHL Expansion Draft

Marc-Andre Fleury, James Neal, Bobby Ryan (30, big drop in points.  But might be perfect for Vegas), Eric Staal (32 so on the old side but damn his numbers are good.  possible flip), Niklas Kronwall (too old for vegas), Mike Cammalleri (too old for vegas), Matt Dumba and Petr Mrazek were among the names left unprotected by their NHL teams for the Golden Knights expansion draft. Sami Vatanen, Josh Manson, Marc Methot, Brock Nelson, Jori Lehtera, Jack Johnson and Roberto Luongo, too.

Only it won’t be simple to handicap what the NHL’s 31st team might look like while general manager George McPhee and his staff spend the next 72 hours finalizing their selections. That’s because McPhee is already believed to have deals in place with Columbus, Anaheim and Chicago about who he’ll select from those teams.

I've added links to each player listed.  But man, outside of the too old's.  They have some nice players to select from. 

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That thought crossed my mind as well.  I'm waiting for some writer to write up the best people on each team exposed list.  With some teams, you have to cross them out because of the side deal with Vegas. 

Columbus has left Josh Anderson exposed(23yearold had 17 goals & 39 points), Sam Gagner who is 27 & had 50 points in 81 games.

Florida left Reilly Smith exposed a 26y who has had several 50 point seasons & 37 last year on a non-playoff team.

Minnesota left Eric Staal exposed, had 65 points last year. They left Dumba exposed too so Staal might be taken to trade later.

Blues left Perron unprotected. 46 points in 82 games.

I honestly don't care what they do as long as we come out of this offseason with a forward that gives them more speed and skill.  The team as structured hasn't been able to get it done for 5 years.  I doubt that's going to change with out some kind of change.  We aren't far off but we do need something changed. 

If it's a prospect its probably going to be someone we like.  Hopefully it's next years 1st round pick.  

Not great that we're in a spot now where the best case scenario is missing 2 1st draft picks in a row.  

In the end that Eaves deal wasn't great for us.  We didn't even have him when we needed him most.  Pretty fucking unlucky.

Edited by UndertheHalo

man what a wild time. if the VGK do this right they have the potential to be a juggernaut.

get top quality picks to not select certain players, ie don't take vatanen or manson.

get more top quality picks to take on good players with bad contracts, ie bobby ryan @ $7m.

get even more top quality picks to then retain on those good players with bad contracts, and trade them off. bobby ryan @ $5m a year will get nice haul.

ice a semi-decent team right off the bat. plenty of legit players available. they will already have a legit, proven goalie in fleury which is better than most teams.

start reaping the rewards of those top quality picks.

24 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

man what a wild time. if the VGK do this right they have the potential to be a juggernaut.

get top quality picks to not select certain players, ie don't take vatanen or manson.

get more top quality picks to take on good players with bad contracts, ie bobby ryan @ $7m.

get even more top quality picks to then retain on those good players with bad contracts, and trade them off. bobby ryan @ $5m a year will get nice haul.

ice a semi-decent team right off the bat. plenty of legit players available. they will already have a legit, proven goalie in fleury which is better than most teams.

start reaping the rewards of those top quality picks.

i was thinking the same thing. they have the old caps gm who seems proficient. i'm not as up to date with players like i used to be, but looking at the list and searching the web many seem to be pretty good, plus what they have already done. the gm has said they are going to build slow and through the draft, which this is the ideal position for that.

they can actually be decent right out of the gate, plus the luxury of building through the draft.

like you said dude, potential juggernaut.

Oh yeah, they will have a stock pile for this years and next I'm sure. 

Plus you know they'll suck this year, so will have legit pick next year.

If McPhee doesn't McPhee this up they can be competitive fast, which is what the league wanted (and why teams don't get to protect nearly as much as they did last expansion).

42 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You guys are aware that we're probably going to get fucked over tomorrow right ? seems likely that we're gonna end up having to trade them Montour or Theodore. 

My guess is overpay would be Kerdiles and a second and next years first.  I'd be gizzing if it was just Kerdiles and a second.  Probably going to be more like Kerdiles and next years first though. 

I don't think it's going to be Montour or Theodore.  That's way too much to give up to protect Vatanen.  Since we could have protected Manson if we even asked Bieska to waive.  Since we didn't, it was probably a deal agreed upon a while ago. 

It would be nice if the Ducks got a favorable deal, since they were one of the first to make a deal with the Magnetos.  It would be hilarious is the GM stuck the screws in teams that waited till the lists were announced to make a deal.