• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

as far as shooting goes.  Fowler has improved dramatically.  He actually has a pretty nice wrist shot I think.  He's average now at least.  Shooting was definitely a weakness for him prior to the last couple of seasons.  

Its an Accurate shot too, I remember in his 2010-11 rookie season he fired his wrist shot so accurately with confidence.

2 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

Now that the ED is over, who do you guys want the Ducks to target in free agency?  I like Eaves and would be fine with him at $2.5 or less for 2 years but he will probably be offered more by another team.  We need a 3rd line center and a left wing so what if we got Thornton and Marleau and put them on the 3rd line together? Instant chemistry and  I think they would both take a discount to stay in CA and go to a team with a real shot at the cup.  I would be ok with Vanek on a 1 year deal after his good season with Detroit last year but it would have to be a 1 year deal to keep him motivated.  Miller for backup goalie seems to fit too well to not happen, hopefully he is willing to take a backup pricetag too.   We will need to pick up a 7th dman too but I would be fine bringing Holzer back if he is willing to take the same roll again.

Yeah i'd really like to see them add Marleau over Eaves. Eaves is like Matt Beleskey 2.0, injury prone guy whos due to come crashing back down to earth.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I would disagree.   Montour can't do the point.  And he can't skate the puck out of the zone.  He can when he has the jump on the player.  But he is not a QB like Fowler is behind the net and Theodore.

Montour actually is a PP QB; he and Theo were on the PP together with the Gulls. Further, Montour has a better shot than Theo. I think we'll see it more this year as he gains confidence.

27 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Thoughts?  I kind of like it.  Hate the challenge.  It just drags the game on and stops play too much.

I don't understand why theres challenges for offsides at all.  It ruins the spirit of play and disrupts the flow of the game.  All these challenges are over barely discernible 1/10th of an inch disputes.  Coaches do it as a bail out for a play their teams are getting beat on, which is stupid and unfair.   If the refs deem the play onside that should be it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don't understand why theres challenges for offsides at all.  It ruins the spirit of play and disrupts the flow of the game.  All these challenges are over barely discernible 1/10th of an inch disputes.  Coaches do it as a bail out for a play their teams are getting beat on, which is stupid and unfair.   If the refs deem the play onside that should be it. 

yup, I agree.  Even goaltender interference is so subjective. 

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

you guys traded one of your young up-and-coming dmen to the gold knights last night. why? and what did you get in return?

We got to keep Sami Vatanen and Josh Manson.  Sucks to lose Theodore but we have a bunch of nice puck moving defenseman types.  Apparently, he was the odd man out. 

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

you guys traded one of your young up-and-coming dmen to the gold knights last night. why? and what did you get in return?

All you can eat buffet passes.  And $20 slot credit.  We are hoping to upgrade to a comped room.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

those are indeed rare commodities, so i can see why you'd make this move.

Plus they took on Stoner contract who is an enemy to Vegetarians, Stoner does illegal hunting & has received fines for it in Canada & he also posed with a beheaded bear he hunted illegally. As a Vegetarian myself I'm glad Stoner is gone. Vegas can have him.

5 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Plus they took on Stoner contract who is an enemy to Vegetarians, Stoner does illegal hunting & has received fines for it in Canada & he also posed with a beheaded bear he hunted illegally. As a Vegetarian myself I'm glad Stoner is gone. Vegas can have him.

Stoner is going to love the arena being a $10 rideshare to Bass Pro Shops.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

so it was a deal that said "if you'll take stoner, we'll also throw in theodore", something like that?

What if they sign Marleau & Thornton to 1 year deals with idea those two will finally get a Cup by signing with Ducks ?

Ritchie/Getzlaf/Rakell

Cogliano/Kesler/Silfverberg

Marleau/Thornton/Perry - deepest 3rd line in the league.

Kase/Vermette/Shaw/Wagner.

With that much power in the lineup they'd likely have no problem with Nashville or Chicago anymore.

If healthy that line would for sure be our 2nd line or possibly our 1st depending on when Getzlaf decides it's time to start playing hockey this season.  

Im not a huge fan of bringing in Joe Thornton tbh.  who knows how that guy is gonna be coming off what is a major injury when he's what like 39 ? I want to stay far away from that.  Marleau as I've said before I'm pretty open to, but it won't really matter if that's all we do.  The Ducks need another impact forward.  Preferably a center.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

19 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What if they sign Marleau & Thornton to 1 year deals with idea those two will finally get a Cup by signing with Ducks ?

Ritchie/Getzlaf/Rakell

Cogliano/Kesler/Silfverberg

Marleau/Thornton/Perry - deepest 3rd line in the league.

Kase/Vermette/Shaw/Wagner.

With that much power in the lineup they'd likely have no problem with Nashville or Chicago anymore.

I'd prefer:

Getz/Rakell/Eaves

Kes/Cogs/Silf

Marleau or Thornton (prefer Marleau)/Perry/Ritchie  Although I am not a fan of the Perry Ritchie combo.  Maybe Kase would be a better fit

Vermette/shaw/wagner/kase 

The other big question is if any of the AHL guys can take a step up and do a Kase.  And then there is always Superman, and whether he can jump from the WHL.  Now if Marleau and Thornton both take $1 million to win a cup, yeah, I"d take both. 

The big good news is, there is a glut of goalies now.  So we may be able to get a good backup for cheap.  Berns or Enroth at $1 million would go a long way for us.

53 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'd prefer:

Getz/Rakell/Eaves

Kes/Cogs/Silf

Marleau or Thornton (prefer Marleau)/Perry/Ritchie  Although I am not a fan of the Perry Ritchie combo.  Maybe Kase would be a better fit

Vermette/shaw/wagner/kase 

The other big question is if any of the AHL guys can take a step up and do a Kase.  And then there is always Superman, and whether he can jump from the WHL.  Now if Marleau and Thornton both take $1 million to win a cup, yeah, I"d take both. 

The big good news is, there is a glut of goalies now.  So we may be able to get a good backup for cheap.  Berns or Enroth at $1 million would go a long way for us.

At 1 million per each yeah that would be awesome. Not alot to lose at that salary if Thornton gets hurt.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

If healthy that line would for sure be our 2nd line or possibly our 1st depending on when Getzlaf decides it's time to start playing hockey this season.  

Im not a huge fan of bringing in Joe Thornton tbh.  who knows how that guy is gonna be coming off what is a major injury when he's what like 39 ? I want to stay far away from that.  Marleau as I've said before I'm pretty open to, but it won't really matter if that's all we do.  The Ducks need another impact forward.  Preferably a center.   

What if its a deal including incentives if he stays healthy & plays certain amount of games ?

His price might be lower than I thought.

24 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What if its a deal including incentives if he stays healthy & plays certain amount of games ?

His price might be lower than I thought.

Yea I mean to me it's just about building the best team possible asap.  Every year that a plan doesn't work is a pretty big blow to our chances of getting that cup with this core group.  Going the old man route is such a roll of the dice.  Especially with Thorntons injury.