• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

You guys are aware that we're probably going to get fucked over tomorrow right ? seems likely that we're gonna end up having to trade them Montour or Theodore. 

Where are you getting that?  I am sure the Ducks would rather lose Vatanen or Manson than Theo or Montour.

I don't think the Ducks are gonna get fucked over tomorrow. I think it'll be very underwhelming compared to what could've been though. Thought for sure this would be the time to finally trade for that top 3/6 FW using Vats and other pieces. Obviously, doesn't look like that's happening. Maybe GMs were playing hard ball with BM knowing he's desperate to save as much as he can on the roster.

21 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

I don't think the Ducks are gonna get fucked over tomorrow. I think it'll be very underwhelming compared to what could've been though. Thought for sure this would be the time to finally trade for that top 3/6 FW using Vats and other pieces. Obviously, doesn't look like that's happening. Maybe GMs were playing hard ball with BM knowing he's desperate to save as much as he can on the roster.

The only teams I see trading for Vatanen that are ok with Vatanen missing half the season would be Colorado who's trying to Tank anyways & them moving Duchene or Landeskog to the Ducks would mean they'd be without the return for half a season thus making them Tank harder.

Washington might want Vatanen since Shattenkirk is UFA & possibilty of a 3 way trade involving Anaheim, Vegas & Washingon where Ducks get Oshie, Washington gets Vatanen, Vegas gets picks/prospect from both teams. Oshie was left unprotected which might have been on purpose if there is a 3 team trade worked out.

I don't know you guys.  My thing is, why on earth would McPhee not take Vatanen unless it's worth it to him.  The Ducks have no leverage in the situation.  He's already going to be swimming in prospects and picks.  It stands to reason that the price would be extremely high.  Which means a ready to go young player.  For the Ducks AKA Theodore, Montour or Ritchie.  Hasn't Columbus apparently traded picks and prospects already to keep Vegas away ? The going rate is what it is.  

As far as preference for players, that's a complicated thing that we can just speculate on.  Don't forget that Theodore was often scratched down the stretch last year.  None of us really know what the organization thinks of these guys on a player to player basis.  What we do know is that they were willing to cough up a deal last year for Vatanen and have steadfastly NOT traded him.  We've all thought he would be gone by now several times over the last 2 years.  The club may be higher on him then we think.  Let's not forget, Sami is a young player as well and the Ducks are trying to win now.  When push to comes to shove they may go with the more proven commodity.  Again, it's not like they have alternative choices. 

Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

@UndertheHalo Theo, Ritchie and Montour are not eligible to be taken.  I don't get what you are saying.  Why would the Ducks trade a player that was protected anyway in order to protect one of the players they didn't?  Unless they really believe that Montour/Theo are not worth as much as Manson, then I would argue that GMBM is a dumb fuck.

@HaloCory22 I think all teams were waiting around to see what happens in the exp draft.  Bet the action starts Thursday.

Edited by nate

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don't know you guys.  My thing is, why on earth would McPhee not take Vatanen unless it's worth it to him.  The Ducks have no leverage in the situation.  He's already going to be swimming in prospects and picks.  It stands to reason that the price would be extremely high.  Which means a ready to go young player.  For the Ducks AKA Theodore, Montour or Ritchie.  Hasn't Columbus apparently traded picks and prospects already to keep Vegas away ? The going rate is what it is.  

As far as preference for players, that's a complicated thing that we can just speculate on.  Don't forget that Theodore was often scratched down the stretch last year.  None of us really know what the organization thinks of these guys on a player to player basis.  What we do know is that they were willing to cough up a deal last year for Vatanen and have steadfastly NOT traded him.  We've all thought he would be gone by now several times over the last 2 years.  The club may be higher on him then we think.  Let's not forget, Sami is a young player as well and the Ducks are trying to win now.  When push to comes to shove they may go with the more proven commodity.  Again, it's not like they have alternative choices. 

Hopefully I'm wrong. 

The thing is, everything says that the Ducks and Magnetos have a deal.  If McPhee stabs the Ducks in the back, he may not get any cooperation from any of the other teams.  Again, you want to deal with a team you can trust to go through with an agreed upon deal.  Not make a deal then later on say I reneg. 

Right now, it looks like Manson and Vatanen are available.  But without the deal, things would look a lot different.  Vatanen would have been dealt for something, and Bieska would have been asked to waive his no trade. 

I really don't think they have soured on Theo.  The Ducks just have too many Dmen.  And by too many, I mean even with Holzer leaving, and not counting Bieska and Stoner in the last year of their deal.  We still have too many Dmen. 

53 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hopefully I'm wrong. 

The deal was agreed to before protected lists were even filed.  Likely Vatanen and Manson are not truly "available", they were only put on the list because the deal dictates which players can and can't be selected.

It's different than say, a team like Minnesota, who had no deal before the lists were filed.  Now that Vegas can see who is left unprotected, they have all the leverage.

2 hours ago, nate said:

@UndertheHalo Theo, Ritchie and Montour are not eligible to be taken.  I don't get what you are saying.  Why would the Ducks trade a player that was protected anyway in order to protect one of the players they didn't?  Unless they really believe that Montour/Theo are not worth as much as Manson, then I would argue that GMBM is a dumb fuck.

@HaloCory22 I think all teams were waiting around to see what happens in the exp draft.  Bet the action starts Thursday.

Not eligible to be taken but fully tradeable.  Manson has a great deal of value in his contract just because of the small cap hit relative to the mins he plays for us.  As far as I'm concerned I tend to agree that I'd rather keep Theo or Montour.  I'm just saying, it's a bad situation and it seems unlikely that the LVGK are gonna not use their opportunity to squeeze us.  Deal or no deal.  

Im not saying that we've soured on Theodore or any Vatanan or anyone.  I'm just looking at the situation as it appears to me.  If I'm McPhee I'm taking Vatanen.  The only way im not taking him is if I'm being bought off.  I don't think next years 1st and Kerdiles is a enough.  I don't think this years 2nd next years 1st and Kerdiles is enough.  I'm thinking that based on the rumors about the other deals that have been made to keep them away from NHL rosters.  If he rumors are true that Vatanen and Manson are safe it pretty means that pMontour or Theodore are probably gonna be the ones being traded for the pass.  

Again, I hope I'm wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Edited by UndertheHalo

It's not like if they burnt us and took Manson or Vatanen we would be sunk. I'm sure we would be just fine next season. 

That being said, I think either Kerdiles or Theodore could be in the mix. Murray has a history of getting his coaches what they want. Players who in the past have been passed over for play time, tend to be gone soon. That's not Vatanen or Manson; it's Theodore and Kerdiles.

I also think it's a mistake to think our compensation to LV has to be as good as or better than either the value of Manson or a hurt Vatanen (with a high contract). No, it has more to do with the cost of losing Bieksa and losing or trading Vatanen at low point in his value.

The base color for the Vegas jersey is solid, Murray was saying he expected that we'd see the Orange again next year right ? I hope they go with the Mask logo.  In fact I sort of wish they'd just go back to making it the primary logo.  It's unique and classic. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

NHL Rumors: Vegas Golden Knights, Montreal Canadiens and Anaheim Ducks

I think this will cover the possible deals.  LOL

“I think it’s 100% that Josh Manson is staying in Anaheim. I don’t know on Vatanen. You’re hearing a lot of different things that perhaps some people think he’s going to Vegas. Some people believe he’s not. I’m having a hard time nailing down which one it is. There is definitely a deal in the works between Vegas and Anaheim, but what can possibly be that enticing to potentially stay away? Is it a first-round pick in 2018, or is it one of their top prospects? Especially if they’re taking Clayton Stoner, which is the other rumour. There is a lot of play there, but we’ll just have to see on Wednesday.”

Will What Happens in Vegas Stay in Vegas? Rumortopia...

On Anaheim…

The Ducks have apparently worked out a deal for Vatanen, however reports that the parts are set may be a little premature…I am told McPhee still holds the cards here and has two separate options he can pick from with Vegas…the price is going to be high.

On Ryan Miller and Anaheim….

Keep an eye out for Miller to be moved AFTER the expansion draft to Anahiem/..

Edited by gotbeer

1 minute ago, nate said:

God, GMBM is such an idiot for valuing POS Manson and mediocre Vatanen more than Theo.  Theo is basically Vatanen but cheap.

On that note though.  If we are going to trade Theodore or Montour to Vegas.  Couldn't we have gotten Drouin from Tampa for one of them?  Had Bieska waive and just give Vegas Vatanen?

Yea I mean it's the only outcome that makes sense.  Why would Vegas not take one of our D guys when we clearly can't protect all of them.  If we like Vatanen that means one of the prospects is gonna go.  Getting rid of Stoner to clear salary is a positive tho and fortunately, even tho it's fucking shitty to lose Theodore it is in an area where we have depth and several players that profile simalarly.  Last fall I thought it was really telling when Larsson made the team.  The brass really likes him apparently.  Also, down the stretch it seemed very clear to me that as far as the Ducks were concerned Montour was ahead of him.  Personally, I like Shea Theordores game a lot.  I am concerned that we're losing the best guy of all the players in our D crop.  It is what it is though.  I'll say this.  IMO Montour appears to have a more developed game.  They're neck and neck I guess.   

there are so many different scenarios that are possible.  We may still end up trading Vatanen. The Ducks still desperately need an impact forward. Like I said before, I don't really care what happens tonight.  We're gonna lose something good.  It's gonna suck.  Bob better come out of this offseason with a good forward.  And ideally another rock on D that doesn't profile as worthless like Clayton Stoner.  Which btw is potentially the one bright spot with this expansion draft shit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

36 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And ideally another rock on D that doesn't profile as worthless like Clayton Stoner. 

Oddly.  If you look at Corsi and Fenwick.  Stoner was one of our better D. 

And Montour and Vatannen and even Fowler were below him.  Needless to say, Bieska was just horrible.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ANA/2017.html