• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

IMO rakell should be on the wing, with getz and eaves.

move ritchie to the perry line, and get a legit 3C. man hanzal would have been nice here. i'd take one of the leafs guys, bozak or kadri but not if they want a big return.

even better, get a real LW goal scorer for the kesler line, and move cogliano down/out. tatar seems on his way out. or my perfect world is galchenyuk.

vermette on the 4th is about where he should be. i like the rasmussen signing too, can take over the thompson minutes.

i feel like we are a 2nd line LW and a 3C away from being as good of a shot as we've had in a long time. at a minimum we need another scorer. 

11 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

IMO rakell should be on the wing, with getz and eaves.

move ritchie to the perry line, and get a legit 3C. man hanzal would have been nice here. i'd take one of the leafs guys, bozak or kadri but not if they want a big return.

even better, get a real LW goal scorer for the kesler line, and move cogliano down/out. tatar seems on his way out. or my perfect world is galchenyuk.

vermette on the 4th is about where he should be. i like the rasmussen signing too, can take over the thompson minutes.

i feel like we are a 2nd line LW and a 3C away from being as good of a shot as we've had in a long time. at a minimum we need another scorer. 

I really believe that standing pat is getting worse.  So I don't think roster continuity is a thing to be happy about.  Especially when it's plainly obvious what the Ducks need.  Edmonton is going to be better, Nashville, Dallas and Minnesota got better.  I expect that the Kings will be better and the Blackhawks are the Blackhawks.  Even the Coyotes might be significantly better.  

We're painfully close IMO.  Like 1 or 2 good pieces.  We absolutely need that scorer before the season starts.  If Murray doesn't figure it out and make something happen I feel like we're probably in for another disappointing April/May finish.  

30 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Yeah, a 3c would be good.  But on the flip side, the Ducks probably do not want to pay 1C, 2C money. 

I just think we are going to stand pat, and see where we really are.  And make a deadline move like Murray likes to do.

7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

We better hope Nick Ritchie take a big step this season and that Corey Perry figures out how to skate again. 

It was revealed Perry played with an injury the whole season, hopefully with time to heal he'll be back to being Perry.

It explains why he wasn't playing as dangerously close to the net like he used to.

Perry is done.  He was shit the season before too, I suppose he has an excuse for that too...

Dude signed his big contract and threw in the towel.

Steel looks awesome.  This team has really drafted well but I think the draft strategy was a little off.  They were down on D for a few years and drafted tons of dmen, now all those dmen are coming up, but the forward crop is thin.

I agree that we're done seeing Perry as 35-40 goal scorer, but the ankle injury thing makes sense as far as what we saw on the ice last year.  He looked horrible skating, more horrible then usual.  Such dramatic drop off (skating ability specifically) would be pretty weird for a guy that really isn't that old.  That hasn't had a really severe injury.  I expect that he'll be better, I hope anyway.  I think we can be real happy if he gets to 25.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Anaheim Ducks Top 4 Prospects 2017

And FYI.  I thought superman had the mean streak.  I was mistaken.  It was Jones. 

And could Murray be standing pat because he wants to give superman his shot?  If he struggles, then he has cap room to make a midseason trade.  And if he doesn't struggle, then that third line is set and he could make a monster 4th line with the cap room.

I think the options out there just aren't great.  The expansion draft really messed everything up.

They also need to think about cap space in the next couple years when a whole new round of RFAs need to be locked up.

NHL Rumors: Penguins, Canadiens, Capitals and Maple Leafs

The Maple Leafs still need to re-sign RFA winger Connor Brown, but they can’t do so at the moment as a new deal would put them over the summer cap ceiling.

The Leafs wouldn’t be able to match an offer sheet that is over $1.15 million.

The Anaheim Ducks were more interested in Connor Brown than Tyler Bozak when they were discussing Sami Vatanen before the expansion draft.

Bozak has one year at a $4.2 million hit, then is a UFA.  Ducks have $4.3 million in cap space.  So it would be a tight fit.  But because the Leafs are absolutely against it, they'd probably want prospects or picks.  We might be able to get him on the cheap. 

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

NHL Rumors: Penguins, Canadiens, Capitals and Maple Leafs

Bozak has one year at a $4.2 million hit, then is a UFA.  Ducks have $4.3 million in cap space.  So it would be a tight fit.  But because the Leafs are absolutely against it, they'd probably want prospects or picks.  We might be able to get him on the cheap. 

Or offer sheet Brown. ;)

On 7/10/2017 at 7:42 PM, nate said:

Perry is done.  He was shit the season before too, I suppose he has an excuse for that too...

Dude signed his big contract and threw in the towel.

Steel looks awesome.  This team has really drafted well but I think the draft strategy was a little off.  They were down on D for a few years and drafted tons of dmen, now all those dmen are coming up, but the forward crop is thin.

The season before he had 34 goals & 62 points in a year the whole team had that horrible first few months.