• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Eh, expansion drafts suck. And this one was so comically geared to helping Vegas (dropping $500m will get you that), with our youth riches we were bound to lose someone good.

I think Murray did as well as he could. Getting rid of stoner is huge help, sami will turn into a bunch of skill players / picks. And our top 4 of lindholm, fowler, manson, montour is still great.  Manson is the only dman who brings the pain, theodore and montour are so similar we could afford to lose one.

We are lucky to have so many skilled young players to begin with.

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Chances are pretty low that either Sam Steel or Max Jones make the team out of camp right ?

Ducks don't usually rush their youngsters.  But our 4th line is looking kind of blah.  Steel, Jones, Kase vs a Kase, Vermette, Shaw. 

i thought ritchie was great last year, turned a big corner. 

those power forwards take time, he's a valuable asset for us. if he continues to progress he'll be a beast soon enough. 

makes some dumb ass plays though, but what 21 year old doesnt?

• 2 weeks later...

Cullen signing with Minn for 1 year at $1 mil is a deal I wish we would have pursued.  He would have been a great bottom 6 center that could step up to a top 6 role if we had more injuries.  He probably only was willing to sign with the wild because he is a Minnesota native but still bummed we couldn't land him.

7 hours ago, nate said:

Oilers extended Draisitl, starting next year they are going to have no cap space.

Their time at the top won't be as long as it was for the Hawks, difference is Oilers still don't have much of a defense & they have massively overused Talbot.

Secondary drafting the oilers do isn't that great, they haven't exactly found gems in later rounds thus making it harder to substain success over the next 8 years.

Meanwhile teams like the Hawks & Ducks continue to find gems in the later rounds.

On 8/16/2017 at 11:12 AM, nate said:

Oilers extended Draisitl, starting next year they are going to have no cap space.

Not sure I like that for them.  I wouldn't take that risk.  But I'm not an NHL GM.  Not many risks, I'd take to sign young guys.  I'm more of a prove it first, type of mind, and eight year deals don't work with that type of thinking.