• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

More pension goodness:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/20/california-teacher-pensions-are-not-sustainable-2/

Setting aside the ridiculous amounts some individuals are getting:

"According to the state’s nonpartisan Legislative Analyst’s Office, from 2013-14 to 2020-21, California school districts will see contributions to CalSTRS rise from just under $2.1 billion to nearly $6.6 billion a year. Over that same time period, school districts will also see contributions to CalPERS rise from $993 million to $2.867 billion."

When it all comes crashing down the people left holding the bag so to speak are going to be what's left of the middle class and they're going to get hammered.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, LHalo said:

San Francisco is losing more residents than any other city in the US, creating a shortage of U-Hauls that puts a rental at $2,000 just to move to Las Vegas

https://amp.businessinsider.com/san-francisco-bay-area-residents-moving-away-increase-u-haul-rental-prices-2018-3

SF is a shit show right now.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/san-francisco-officially-10-billion-hole/

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/1/30/16952310/tourism-industry-homeless-san-francisco-hotels

5 hours ago, red321 said:

I don't. Pretty clear both sides have taken up extreme positions resulting in everyone being a loser in this case.

California seems to be very one sided in everything they do. It varies a little from county to county but not much

5 hours ago, red321 said:

I don't. Pretty clear both sides have taken up extreme positions resulting in everyone being a loser in this case.

How exactly is enforcing federal immigration law, something the state how no authority to make policy on, an extreme position? 

My fav part... "State law is state law. It’s my job to enforce state law" 
#1 States cannot override federal law,immigration is a federal issue, not a state issue.
#2 they arent making laws, they are refusing to enforce the ones that exists.  
I would expect an attorney to know the damned difference. 

10 hours ago, red321 said:

Yeah, one is for actually enforcing the federal laws while the other side wants to defy them. Wait, which side is extremist?

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

If that is the case, then at this point, every single California tourist piece should have a cancer warning.  Warning, too much sunlight may cause cancer.  

Some tourist will sue California that they didn't have a warning, and probably win.

On 3/28/2018 at 4:45 PM, floplag said:

How exactly is enforcing federal immigration law, something the state how no authority to make policy on, an extreme position? 

My fav part... "State law is state law. It’s my job to enforce state law" 
#1 States cannot override federal law,immigration is a federal issue, not a state issue.
#2 they arent making laws, they are refusing to enforce the ones that exists.  
I would expect an attorney to know the damned difference. 

Over the past year the administration has

* instituted a muslim travel ban
* rescinded DACA
* ended TPS status for residents from a number of countries
* significantly changed priorities for how people were detained (separating families)
* change in focus for enforcement, focusing less on serious criminal offenders and taking a broader approach
* significant changes in how/where ICE agents conduct raids, including schools and courthouses
* identified plans to expand detention of immigrants in facilities vs. catch and release
* pushed the idea of a ridiculous wall
* has made efforts to significantly curb and change legal immigration laws and policies 

Many would view some, or all, of these changes as taking a significantly more hardline and extreme position on immigration

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Do you think that consumers should be warned about chemicals in a product that could cause cancer?

In this case the issue is probably less the law than how it is being interpreted (or how coffee consumption) was defended in court. Or rather maybe the law should be clarified that a notice outside the facility is appropriate as compared to having to stamp each container.