• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

I have parents and siblings. 

But no children. That tie, for us, is most important.

My parents decided to retire in Montana rather than return to California to live amoungst their children and grandchildren who all reside within 30 minutes of each other.

It is impractical and expensive for any of us to pack up the kids and visit more than once a year. Now that everyone is older the kids do not really have a connection with their grandparents since they have so little point of reference. 

We don't want that as our future but then again, how do you afford a decent retirement here unless you have a golden parachute? 

It's not a glib topic.

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

As for myself, i am seriously considering do it once my mom is no longer with us. 

I just don't have any idea where exactly I could move that would satisfy me. 

Well, there is always Swanson's neighborhood, you guys could drink beer and yell at the kids to stay off the lawn as they walk home from school. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Serously, @Catwhoshatinthehat, how often do you see you're family?

My wife's dad, her sisters and my mom live within 5 miles of us and we meet up with them every few weeks.  We see my wife's extended family (the majority live within 30 miles) on the holidays and also for get together's throughout the year.  Outside of the holidays we've gotten together with extended family 4 times in the last 5 months and there's another get together next month.  My wife's dad and her brothers are all doing well for their ages but they're older and who knows how much longer they'll be able to make all the family functions.  I'm the only child of a single parent who is already having some health problems and it's already starting to come back around where I now get to play the role of the parent in some ways. 

My wife and I aren't trying for kids yet but plan to later this year and she wants our children to know their grandfather and to remember him as someone who was able to do things with them.  My family was very small and not very close after my grandfather died and I like how close her family is which is something I'd want for our kids.  She grew up with all of her cousins and we're getting to the point where that generation is going to start having the kids who will be playing together and running through the back yard looking for Easter Eggs.  She has 2 cousins who moved out of state and I've yet to meet either of them after 7 years because they don't ever make it back here.  

My wife's dad isn't going to move out of state at this point in his life and couple that with me being an only child of an aging parent nearing retirement and we're locked in to California for at least 10-15 more years. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Sounds like you're not going anywhere soon . . . and for good reason 

Nope.  The irony is that even as things change we'll be just as ingrained here because then our kids will be growing up with cousins and we'll have new family.  If we stay here long enough then we're grandparents and we may not want to be that far away from grand kids but maybe the next generation leaves the state.  I think the reality is it would take something drastic to get us out of the state before our kids are adults and I just hope if/when that happens it's a proactive move on our part and not us reacting to the state going further down the crapper.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got my ballot today.  State Measure #69.  Requires that certain new transportation revenues be used for transportation purposes.  Wait what?  So I think this relates to last years tax increase to fix our roads, make new trains, etc.  And it turns out that the legistlature could divert those funds to other things?  LOL

Oh, and they to issue another $4 billion in funds for park and water and flood control.  So I'm sure those funds will be spent on schools and the homeless and not on it's intended purpose.  Of course stupid Calolfornians will still blindly say yes.  

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So I got my ballot today.  State Measure #69.  Requires that certain new transportation revenues be used for transportation purposes.  Wait what?  So I think this relates to last years tax increase to fix our roads, make new trains, etc.  And it turns out that the legistlature could divert those funds to other things?  LOL

Oh, and they to issue another $4 billion in funds for park and water and flood control.  So I'm sure those funds will be spent on schools and the homeless and not on it's intended purpose.  Of course stupid Calolfornians will still blindly say yes.  

I don’t trust Prop 69. I think it will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I actually disagree with this Judge. If a person has cancer, and is 100% going to die without question in a few months, and they want to go out pain free that's their choice.

The government has absolutely no business telling a person they can't go out on their own terms.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This state is a piece of shit. F*ck me.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20180530/NEWS/180539991

California Assembly passes bill expanding Medicaid to immigrants

All adult illegal aliens will be able to get free health insurance in California. Estimated cost is billions.

While I don't agree with this we should note you appear to have very little understanding of how Medi-cal (California's version of Medicaid) works. 

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

While I don't agree with this we should note you appear to have very little understanding of how Medi-cal (California's version of Medicaid) works. 

Jesus Red, you can't just leave something at a simple "Yeah, this sucks." You have to throw in some bullshit to make it an argument.

What, exactly did I say that's wrong? Should I have said illegal immigrants can get free health care instead of free health insurance? Are you trying to argue semantics?

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Jesus Red, you can't just leave something at a simple "Yeah, this sucks." You have to throw in some bullshit to make it an argument.

What, exactly did I say that's wrong? Should I have said illegal immigrants can get free health care instead of free health insurance? Are you trying to argue semantics?

Because there are multiple levels of Medi-cal and being eligible doesn't necessarily mean free healthcare or free health insurance for that matter. I'm not trying to argue semantics, if you want to have a realistic discussion on the subject stop trying to make it something it's not. 

https://ca.db101.org/ca/programs/health_coverage/medi_cal/faqs.htm#_q1682

Ok, even if it's not "free" (though there's probably a good chance a lot of it is virtually free), it is highly subsidized health care for people who break immigration law with no regard.

My loser alcoholic sister in law has medi-cal for her and her kids, and they appear to just get free health everything it seems.

Furthermore, this is going to act as motivation for more illegals to come to California.

The clowns writing laws for this state should be thrown in jail.