• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

38 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I've often wondered why some of the empty parts of military bases cannot be used to house the homeless.  I am thinking parts of the former El Toro base, the Seal Beach base.

There is a lot of empty ground out there.

Because someone has to foot that bill, and noone wants to.

We ignore these people like a nuisance,  people who have fallen on hard times, veterans, we pretend we dont see them and treat them like shit while handing out freebees to illegals and refugees and let million of people live off welfare funded by whats left of the middle class. 

I would have no problem with all of it if it was actually humanitarian and not so obviously politically motivated.  

This is one of the reason i find so much of this stuff completely disingenuous.   We care soooooo much for people on the other side of the world and ignore those on the other side of the street or town, its nonsense.  Hollywood A-listers going to southeast Asia or Africa to adopt as though we dont have plenty of orphanages in our own communities.   If we were making more than a token effort for our own i might by some of the talking points but were not, so i dont.  

3 hours ago, floplag said:

Imagine, and im just brainstorming here, if we cared as much about the homeless as we do illegals and refugees?  Wouldnt that be a hoot?

It seems like most people don't care about any of those groups.

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I've often wondered why some of the empty parts of military bases cannot be used to house the homeless.  I am thinking parts of the former El Toro base, the Seal Beach base.

There is a lot of empty ground out there.

first thing i thought of too.

14 hours ago, floplag said:

Because someone has to foot that bill, and noone wants to.

We ignore these people like a nuisance,  people who have fallen on hard times, veterans, we pretend we dont see them and treat them like shit while handing out freebees to illegals and refugees and let million of people live off welfare funded by whats left of the middle class. 

I would have no problem with all of it if it was actually humanitarian and not so obviously politically motivated.  

This is one of the reason i find so much of this stuff completely disingenuous.   We care soooooo much for people on the other side of the world and ignore those on the other side of the street or town, its nonsense.  Hollywood A-listers going to southeast Asia or Africa to adopt as though we dont have plenty of orphanages in our own communities.   If we were making more than a token effort for our own i might by some of the talking points but were not, so i dont.  

image.gif

9 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Your governor, next governor, next senator, and your state AG care about one of those groups a whole lot more than the other.

Absolutely, because they know most of the homeless don't even vote.  They certainly don't put any money in their pockets.  They are ignored by all.

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Absolutely, because they know most of the homeless don't even vote.  They certainly don't put any money in their pockets.  They are ignored by all.

So you agree that the supposed humanitarian nonsense spewed by the Dems in this state is politically motivated?  
Og, and they are not ignored, they are shunned, ignored would be an upgrade.  Have you see how some cities have literally put in concrete spikes to prevent homeless camping in certain places?  If they had put that money into shelters or clothing or feeding them... i might buy into the crocodile tears more for those outside out borders. 
They care only about votes and the power it gets them, and they have pit us against each other to achieve it to what i hope is their eternal shame.

Interesting...it would be interesting to see if it also prolongs the life of the street itself, appears like it is similar in nature to other sealcoats. Wonder how that cost/mile compares to the $40k for this.

"CoolSeal is applied like conventional sealcoats to asphalt surfaces to protect and maintain the quality and longevity of the surface," according to the company website. "While most cool pavements on the market are polymer based, CoolSeal is a water-based, asphalt emulsion."

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Three families we're close to told us in the last week they're moving. Texas, Texas, Idaho. This is nuts. 

Went to Zion a few weeks back and couldn't help but think how much better our overall quality of life would be living in other states.  A woman I worked with moved to Texas a little over a year ago from South OC.  They went from a two income family renting a 3 bedroom town house to a single income family living in a 2,000+ square foot beautiful 4 bedroom house with a pool that only cost 325K. 

Meanwhile we're still kicking around the idea of getting into a house.  If it wasn't for family I would have left the state a few years ago.

In my case, my siblings not that often. Holidays and birthdays, once in a while going out with my brothers to a game or the range.

My sons, almost every weekend. I occasionally meet my youngest son for dinner in Hollywood or lunch in Pasadena. The eldest drops by on Saturdays. 

Moving out of state would really hurt those relationships. Hell, moving to Lake Arrowhead would make visitation our responsibility to come down off the hill. None of them like that drive.

I get the kids thing, but as far as I know, cat doesn't have grown children. So, taking them out of the question, it doesn't sound like you could fly out a few times a year and save a ton of money. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

moving to Lake Arrowhead would make visitation our responsibility to come down off the hill. None of them like that drive.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all this means is that you're not worth the trip.