• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So this tells me that conservatives really need San Andreas to get hit with a quake before they have a chance again

Related image

Now, call me foolish, call me irresponsible, but it occurs to me that a 500 megaton bomb planted at just the proper point would, uh...

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Exactly how much political pull do you believe San Luis Obispo has?

About as much as Inyo, Mono, Lassen Modoc, Placer, Siskiyou, Del Norte, Plumas, Alpine, Kings, Butte, Shasta, Trinity, Tuolumne and Tulare do

13 hours ago, red321 said:

Yes, it would appear to be inaccurate

Image result for california republican democrat map

Im not sure how you deem him inaccurate, the LA/SF metro areas control the voting patterns of the state. 
Also if im not mistaken the 2016 version of this was even more slanted than 2008. 
Basically the larger metro areas are blue ( LA, SF, SD, SJ, Sac and surrounding), the inland rural areas (everything else) were all red.  Regardless the statement was in fact pretty close to accurate unless i misunderstood it, or were being extremely literal in the context.   Effectively this constitutes mob rule, which is never a good thing.

Sidenote, the national pattern was even more slanted red than this state was, but thats a topic for another thread i suppose.

I personally have long felt we need election reform to prevent this, popular vote fails when you have as drastic a shift as we have between the larger metro areas and the smaller or more rural ones.   I've long felt all elections, state and national, need to be broken down by districts and each district be given equal weight.  Its simply not right that LA can dictate policy to Barstow for example or CA to the union at the national level. 

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

Im not sure how you deem him inaccurate, the LA/SF metro areas control the voting patterns of the state. 
Also if im not mistaken the 2016 version of this was even more slanted than 2008. 
Basically the larger metro areas are blue ( LA, SF, SD, SJ, Sac and surrounding), the inland rural areas (everything else) were all red.  Regardless the statement was in fact pretty close to accurate unless i misunderstood it, or were being extremely literal in the context.   Effectively this constitutes mob rule, which is never a good thing.

Sidenote, the national pattern was even more slanted red than this state was, but thats a topic for another thread i suppose.

I personally have long felt we need election reform to prevent this, popular vote fails when you have as drastic a shift as we have between the larger metro areas and the smaller or more rural ones.   I've long felt all elections, state and national, need to be broken down by districts and each district be given equal weight.  Its simply not right that LA can dictate policy to Barstow for example or CA to the union at the national level. 

That’s the thing. The needs and desires of smaller communities and suburbs is entirely different than urban ones. I’m not sure what the best course of action is. We are sort of unique in California because we have more, large population, urban areas than most other states. There is a large portion of California that feels like they have no voice in what happens here. The elected officials we have do not care about that either. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

That’s the thing. The needs and desires of smaller communities and suburbs is entirely different than urban ones. I’m not sure what the best course of action is. We are sort of unique in California because we have more, large population, urban areas than most other states. There is a large portion of California that feels like they have no voice in what happens here. The elected officials we have do not care about that either. 

I dont think were THAT unique, but yes those with similar rations of higher population densities in metro areas are in the same boat. 
In CA its absolutely true, and the reality is that they are right, they have no voice and those who do dont care.  

Ive lived inland, the priorities are so very different to those people, and it isnt even about race as much as many like to think it is, its about real issues, not social agendas.  

The only answer is to ensure they have a voice.  If they break down the votes by district, instead of general population, it would help, but people would just find a way to manipulate that too by moving droves of supporters to those areas to override the indigenous folk.  

There is no easy answer, but mob rule certainly isnt how it should be.

On 3/30/2017 at 6:43 AM, mtangelsfan said:

I cannot think of one sane reason why folks would not want felons here illegally deported.  Not one.

Libs?

We already have laws in place to deport felons, they aren't protected by sanctuary cities. This isn't even hard to understand unless you're just watching right wing propaganda that promotes anger and rage over nonsensical topics. Even the Kate Steinle case involved a criminal who was already deported multiple times FOR BEING A CRIMINAL. Yes keeping people like that from re-entering the country is crucial, but that has nothing to do with sanctuary cities. 

2 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

We already have laws in place to deport felons, they aren't protected by sanctuary cities. This isn't even hard to understand unless you're just watching right wing propaganda that promotes anger and rage over nonsensical topics. Even the Kate Steinle case involved a criminal who was already deported multiple times FOR BEING A CRIMINAL. Yes keeping people like that from re-entering the country is crucial, but that has nothing to do with sanctuary cities. 

Stupid people make stupid assumptions.  I don't watch any propaganda, from any side.  Please.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Stupid people make stupid assumptions.  I don't watch any propaganda, from any side.  Please.

Didn't say you did, I said it isn't hard to understand "unless" you watch the rage inducing right wing propaganda sites. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

How is is a family supposed to function?  you shower on Mon, you on Tue, and hey im sorry the baby threw up all over you but you dont get shower time till Friday.  
This is just stupidly laughable.

Lololololololol

1 hour ago, FanSince'98 said:

For all the Dem CA hate in this post it makes me laugh that most of you live in this state and it actually produces more jobs and GDP for the economy than all republican states combined in the nation. 

Maybe because it has the most people?

also wouldn't this statement be basically the love it or leave it argument?

Edited by mtangelsfan