• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

11 hours ago, calscuf said:

They're not Hispanic because Hispanic people don't have carpet.  They're not Asian because Asians are above such work.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

I know I have carpet because I have a couple of white guys come clean them twice a year. 

5 hours ago, floplag said:

i literally just lol'd    
This was sarcasm, right?  :)
CA could elect a wildebeest and it would be an upgrade over the myriad of miserable career morons weve had here for decades now 

Yes, it was sarcastic. Lou just forgot about her

5 hours ago, floplag said:

i literally just lol'd    
This was sarcasm, right?  :)
CA could elect a wildebeest and it would be an upgrade over the myriad of miserable career morons weve had here for decades now 

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Don't forget about Maxine Waters. She's a real treat.

They already did

Some house broads are kicking up a shitstorm in Mission Viejo because the vacant Hagen building on La Paz appears to be headed to a floor and decor warehouse company.

Apparently, their primary customer demo is “contractors.” Something about zoning and the kids walking to school...errr Mexicans

"Travesty"

I can see how someone could be upset if it would bring semi trucks in and out, that is disruptive to a neighborhood.  But if it is already a pretty commercial area then who cares.

We fought a new shopping center they wanted to open here that would have gotten rid of two little league fields and a park.

Edited by nate

2 minutes ago, nate said:

"Travesty"

I can see how someone could be upset if it would bring semi trucks in and out, that is disruptive to a neighborhood.  But if it is already a pretty commercial area then who cares.

We fought a new shopping center they wanted to open here that would have gotten rid of two little league fields and a park.

It is a perfect spot for a store like that. Right off the freeway. I'd rather a grocery store take over because I could walk there, but I don't want it to remain vacant.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

It is a large building and I don't think there are many businesses that could use it. It'd be worse if it stays vacant. 

But think of the day laborers and loiterers (read: Mexicans) who will be hanging around! Think of the children!

we went up against the glendale city council several years ago over our landlord. we lived in a really nice (though old) apartment complex where each unit was about 1600 sq. ft. there were 37 units but the clown who owned the land wanted to bulldoze them and in their place build 96 smaller units. the city council was grappling with what the zoning code recommendations were from one of their committees, and whether the area was zoned for that many units. we pleaded with them over and over, showed them all kinds of evidence for why those older units should be left alone, the impact it would have on traffic and parking, etc. Sadly, the council had three guys on it who were former contracters, and it became equivalent to asking a surgeon not to operate. in the end, despite months of pleading our case, the council voted 3-2 to change the zoning code so this clown could tear things down and rebuild. that was in 2006. to this day, he hasn't done a thing to rebuild. however, he did fire the maintainance guy, refused to replace the heater on the pool, didn't make necessary upgrades on bad equipment, and then raised the rents differently for those who protested at council meetings vs. those who didn't. We presented THAT evidence to the council also, and it fell on deaf ears inspite of pretty good record keeping and reporting. we ended up moving out in '08 to a brand new townhouse. lots of other residents left also as the prices kept going up while the services kept going down.