• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

Wife went to PTA meeting tonight. This came up there as well. The bigger story is that the PTA treasurers son raised the most money for the jogathon and gets to go to Disneyland. Well apparently some of the house snatches aren’t  too pleased with this because the kid got $1000 from Bill Davis who sells all the houses in our area. Bill Davis is a close friend to the PTA treasurer and there was a motion to disqualify the kid because “it isn’t fair that other kids don’t have parents with wealthy, generous friends.”

The PTA chairlady apparently dropped the greatest rhetorical question of them all to the one man who was there. “Are you calling me a liar?”

so anyway, I’ll be going to the PTA meeting next month!

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

There is absolutely no chance Tank's landlord isn't Armenian or Persian Jew.

surprisingly, he was a white guy with a 1980s perm. short little mofo. saw him once at a meeting - he was a smarmy little jerk.

14 hours ago, Adam said:

Wife went to PTA meeting tonight. This came up there as well. The bigger story is that the PTA treasurers son raised the most money for the jogathon and gets to go to Disneyland. Well apparently some of the house snatches aren’t  too pleased with this because the kid got $1000 from Bill Davis who sells all the houses in our area. Bill Davis is a close friend to the PTA treasurer and there was a motion to disqualify the kid because “it isn’t fair that other kids don’t have parents with wealthy, generous friends.”

The PTA chairlady apparently dropped the greatest rhetorical question of them all to the one man who was there. “Are you calling me a liar?”

so anyway, I’ll be going to the PTA meeting next month!

At my wife's school there are no $1,000 donors and the treasurer was booted because the books were being cooked with a lack of receipts for supposed purchases and the "girls" would all get together at Starbucks and charge the PTA for their adult milk shakes. It was so bad National stepped in and demanded an audit. They never did get the receipts to balance the account but no one was formerly charged, they just were banned from being board members. Really pissed off three school power broker moms that bullied everyone and were shut out.

New rookie principle comes in and in spite of everyone telling him these three are poison he let one back into the PTA board. Dumbass.

Edited by Blarg

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

At my wife's school there are no $1,000 donors and the treasurer was booted because the books were being cooked with a lack of receipts for supposed purchases and the "girls" would all get together at Starbucks and charge the PTA for their adult milk shakes. It was so bad National stepped in and demanded an audit. They never did get the receipts to balance the account but no one was formerly charged, they just were banned from being board members. Really pissed off three school power broker moms that bullied everyone and were shut out.

New rookie principle comes in and in spite of everyone telling him these three are poison he let one back into the PTA board. Dumbass.

Corrupt PTA boards sounds like a great premise for a comedy movie, probably starring Melissa McCarthy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Jason said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article195434409.html

so we have to follow their laws but they don’t have to follow federal ones? What a bunch of hypocritical morons. 

holy crap, what arrogance! none of this being done in sacramento is constitutional, and i fully expect this to land in front of the SCOTUS before too terribly long. state law does not trump federal law, and the idiots in california are setting up to learn this the hard way.

won't somebody with an ounce of gray matter left craft a plan to make gaining citizenship easier so this battle can stop bankfupting our state?

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

holy crap, what arrogance! none of this being done in sacramento is constitutional, and i fully expect this to land in front of the SCOTUS before too terribly long. state law does not trump federal law, and the idiots in california are setting up to learn this the hard way.

won't somebody with an ounce of gray matter left craft a plan to make gaining citizenship easier so this battle can stop bankfupting our state?

I actually like this word better.

47 minutes ago, Tank said:

Almost makes you think California politicians care more about undocumented immigrants instead of their own citizens

1 minute ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Almost makes you think California politicians care more about undocumented immigrants instead of their own citizens

i'm not sure they care about us at all, to be honest. i just don't get why they have such a hard-on for people here illegally. but then you look at the state employees pension fund screw job dropped on all of us and it starts to make a tad more sense - they hate californians.

Edited by Tank

i very much dislike the current administrations approach to dealing with the undocumented people here, but i am troubled by the attitude that many in sacramento and some of the municipal governments seem to have about disregarding federal authority and law on these matters.  I think Adam commented before that the political view points in this country seem increasingly incompatible.  I think this is a good observation.  If you're about moderate and measured government its pretty concerning.