• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you spend on haircuts?

Adam

I have been going to V's Barbershop.  It's a hipster type place where they offer you beer or soda while you wait.  It's $28 and it includes a shoulder/neck massage, hot and cold towel, and straight edge shave of neck and sideburns.  If the conversation is good I tip $12, to make it an even $40.  If it seems like she is going through the motions I tip $7.  Also, I have shitty hair

I go to this hole in the wall in Lake Forest. Bunch of charlies. $8. I get a buzz every three weeks. 

I miss having longer hair and getting a longer, relaxing job by a nice looking broad but I can't bring myself to go through the three month transition period from a #2 to a full head. 

24 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Oh, I do brother.  I had long hair from age 15-25.

My ponytail was solid.

Same here, then from 25-55 I had to start visiting various clip joints. As soon as I was able I said "no mas".

The freak flag flies again. (just feel fortunate to have hair, so many my age are not so blessed.

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I've let mine get mildly scraggly over the years a few times.  My wife always gives me shit and I cut it.  It's also not ideal to be a lawyer and have messy hair.

But some day...  Some day I'll grow it back.

A guy walked up to me and gave me his business card one day...asked me to check it out.

https://thelonghairs.us/

There you will find many enlightening articles written for men with long hair...how to deal with slpit ends..where to get a "Tied Shears" tattoo..or how to rock short shorts with long hair in a California beach town.

LONG HAIR AND SHORT SHORTS

In Celebrate by El Rubio May 1, 2016  16 Comments

It stops here, with us. Normal is out, and so are my quads, soaking up cosmic rays, walking with hard swag and looking mean. And no one’s gonna say shit, because a guy with that hair and those shorts has an attitude and an agenda:

“I’m not in the normal zone, and I’m really good with that.”

Of course there is some nuance with “how you wear it.” Beacuse there are some bros who wear their short shorts, or even their long hair with less…gusto. But to each his own, I’m wearing mine with some bravado and a little dash of what the hell are you looking at.

75-longhair-shortshorts-960x603.jpg

https://thelonghairs.us/long-hair-and-short-shorts/

I keep mine simple. Five on top, three on the sides. Because of that, any $10 haircut from Great Clips or wherever works fine for me. Usually get one every three or four months. Basically, I'm lazy and cheap. Note: I haven't even shaved since last May.

was literally just talking about this because of what i spent last week.

i normally go to logan bros. in aliso/lake forest area and it's $24ish for a cut and beard trim to which i tip $10 because i generally have two beers, but it's always beyond packed. so last week i drive over there and see it's beyond packed so i say fuck it and go to some barbershop called v's. for a cut and beard trim this place charged me $62....no joke. i tipped $10 for an even $72. granted, i picked up more pomade which is around $20. just seems kind of ridiculous to be charged ~$30 for hair and mainly ~$10 for a simple beard trim. of course you don't know this shit until they are done and you're at the cash register.

floyd's sucks. it feels like fantastic sams for the modern day. there is a good dude in santa ana, but the dickhead started to pawn me off to his apprentice when his buddies would come in, so i stopped going there.

going to try some barber off recommendation in orange circle in about three weeks.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Walsh said:

was literally just talking about this because of what i spent last week.

i normally go to logan bros. in aliso/lake forest area and it's $24ish for a cut and beard trim to which i tip $10 because i generally have two beers, but it's always beyond packed. so last week i drive over there and see it's beyond packed so i say fuck it and go to some barbershop called v's. for a cut and beard trim this place charged me $62....no joke. i tipped $10 for an even $72. granted, i picked up more pomade which is around $20. just seems kind of ridiculous to be charged ~$30 for hair and mainly ~$10 for a simple beard trim. of course you don't know this shit until they are done and you're at the cash register.

floyd's sucks. it feels like fantastic sams for the modern day. there is a good dude in santa ana, but the dickhead started to pawn me off to his apprentice when his buddies would come in, so i stopped going there.

going to try some barber off recommendation in orange circle in about three weeks.

Yea B I have gone to V's the last several haircuts.  I don't have a beard so I don't need that upcharge.  I have been there waiting for my cut and the guy getting his hair cut and trim while I'm waiting has already been started.  Then my haircut starts, takes 20-30 minutes and beard dude is still getting worked on.  

I have some terrible hair. Both sides of my head have permanent cowlicks, so over the years I've learned to avoid the chains and to a lesser extent barber shops because they just jack it up and make it look worse. I've finally found someone who does a great job. $42 including tip. Shampoo. Glass of wine or beer. Not too terrible.