• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you spend on haircuts?

Adam

Pay the sister in law $20-30 depending on if she's being whiney. She complains to my wife that she charges her other male clients $40...I told my wife to let her know I'd be happy to go somewhere else where they didn't cancel my appointments on a whim because I'm family...or I'd be happy to get paid my going rate for portraits when she wants photos of her kids...haven't heard a peep about paying more since.

I used to go somewhere down in HB, guy was alright but complained too much about his wife cheating on him..when I moved back up to Fullerton with the wife she basically let me know I should start going to her sister. I didn't bother to tell the person who used to cut my hair. About a year later I ran into him at the bank. Awkward...like running into a one night stand.

"Hi....so, I see you're wearing your hair shorter now..."

If there's anything I've learned from hairstylist females, they hate being asked for a cut off the job. They do it all day and then they come home and their friends/family want them to cut their hair at a discounted rate or for free. I understand their frustration. 

Pro tip: I highly suggest Sport Clips, especially over Easy Clips. I've gone to 3 different Sport Clips in different states and each one has had 1 girl that is awesome at cutting hair. The cut's $20 or less, or you can spend an extra $5 and they take you in the back and shampoo your hair in a vibrating chair and give you a head massage with a hot towel on your face and it's awesome. And you can come back in a couple weeks to get a neck trim or a touch up and it's free, but as a good samaritan I give them a $5 tip for being so nice. 

I've waited 20-30 minutes for the stylist I want at all 3 and they are great. 

15 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

If there's anything I've learned from hairstylist females, they hate being asked for a cut off the job. They do it all day and then they come home and their friends/family want them to cut their hair at a discounted rate or for free. I understand their frustration. 

Pro tip: I highly suggest Sport Clips, especially over Easy Clips. I've gone to 3 different Sport Clips in different states and each one has had 1 girl that is awesome at cutting hair. The cut's $20 or less, or you can spend an extra $5 and they take you in the back and shampoo your hair in a vibrating chair and give you a head massage with a hot towel on your face and it's awesome. And you can come back in a couple weeks to get a neck trim or a touch up and it's free, but as a good samaritan I give them a $5 tip for being so nice. 

I've waited 20-30 minutes for the stylist I want at all 3 and they are great. 

Damn this place sounds awesome. 

One of my favorite things about being in Korea in the 80's was the barber shops. You could spend 2 hours in the chair before they even picked up the scissors. They did the full facial thing along with a shoulder and neck massage and as much mani-pedi as a mechanic required. Happy ending was an optional extra. They shut them all down during the run up to the '88 Olympics and I don't know if they ever opened back up but it was good while it lasted

On 3/8/2017 at 6:45 PM, arch stanton said:

One of my favorite things about being in Korea in the 80's was the barber shops. You could spend 2 hours in the chair before they even picked up the scissors. They did the full facial thing along with a shoulder and neck massage and as much mani-pedi as a mechanic required. Happy ending was an optional extra. They shut them all down during the run up to the '88 Olympics and I don't know if they ever opened back up but it was good while it lasted

Franchise opportunities?

For 13 years used to have my late wife cut my hair with our clippers and a #1 attachment in our garage.

When I met my new wife she said "I wonder what you would look like with hair. Well.......we were dating at the time so naturally I took that as a hint and grew my hair out. She had a lady that would come to the house and cut her kids hair son I soon jumped on that train. 4 years later.....I pay $15 and a $5 tip and I get my hair cut once a month by that same lady.

The only thing that sucks.....I have to clean it up afterwards.