• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you spend on haircuts?

Adam

I'm getting my hair did tonight.  I think I pay $45 and tip 20%.  Yes, I'm the pussy @cezero called out.  It's a stylist, and while I'm not OK with that, she's hot and gives me beer and finds my stories hilarious and my personality fascinating.  I know this, because she tells my wife, who probably couldn't roll her eyes any harder.  "Just don't tell him that, his head won't fit out the door"

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea B I have gone to V's the last several haircuts.  I don't have a beard so I don't need that upcharge.  I have been there waiting for my cut and the guy getting his hair cut and trim while I'm waiting has already been started.  Then my haircut starts, takes 20-30 minutes and beard dude is still getting worked on.  

the problem is the dude did a good job, plus i may have gotten a new maid out of the deal with his referral. the beard dealio was weird though. i just like a simple #1 clip to bring it to stubble level like i've done for about 15 years, but the dude got too detailed and i think it's gay when dudes get cute with their beard. plus the way it all went down was just uncomfortable.

i'll keep it on my radar since i used to trim my beard myself, so i don't need to do it from a barber anyway. we'll see how this dude at orange circle does next time.

On February 28, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Mr. Walsh said:

was literally just talking about this because of what i spent last week.

i normally go to logan bros. in aliso/lake forest area and it's $24ish for a cut and beard trim to which i tip $10 because i generally have two beers, but it's always beyond packed. so last week i drive over there and see it's beyond packed so i say fuck it and go to some barbershop called v's. for a cut and beard trim this place charged me $62....no joke. i tipped $10 for an even $72. granted, i picked up more pomade which is around $20. just seems kind of ridiculous to be charged ~$30 for hair and mainly ~$10 for a simple beard trim. of course you don't know this shit until they are done and you're at the cash register.

floyd's sucks. it feels like fantastic sams for the modern day. there is a good dude in santa ana, but the dickhead started to pawn me off to his apprentice when his buddies would come in, so i stopped going there.

going to try some barber off recommendation in orange circle in about three weeks.

Try Golden Crown. There is one in Lake Forest and one in Laguna Niguel

http://www.goldencrownbarbershop.com

On 2/27/2017 at 5:38 PM, Homebrewer said:

Same here, then from 25-55 I had to start visiting various clip joints. As soon as I was able I said "no mas".

The freak flag flies again. (just feel fortunate to have hair, so many my age are not so blessed.

It is tough to find someone that knows how to do a decent long man's hair style.  I stumbled upon a guy that owned a Fantastic Sam's once that did a great job. I tipped him 20%.  3 months later I come in just after they open,  he has a client in the chair so I just signed the wait list and sit down.  I know he sees me but there is no Hi be right with you etc., but okay no one else is waiting so I know I am next.  5 min later a chick rolls in, Hey Bob I need a shampoo, cut yada yada yada.  Bob says sure I am almost done.  Now I am thinking wtf am I doing here.  So I get up and walk out. Bob comes running to the door saying hey come on back.  I couldn't do it, I guess he really didn't need my 4x a year business. 

Currently in the market for a someone that can do a decent job.

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

It is tough to find someone that knows how to do a decent long man's hair style.  I stumbled upon a guy that owned a Fantastic Sam's once that did a great job. I tipped him 20%.  

So, you're a long man, huh? 

*asking for a friend 

PM calscuf if interested 

Edited by Lou

On 2/27/2017 at 11:58 AM, Stradling said:

I have been going to V's Barbershop.  It's a hipster type place where they offer you beer or soda while you wait.  It's $28 and it includes a shoulder/neck massage, hot and cold towel, and straight edge shave of neck and sideburns.  If the conversation is good I tip $12, to make it an even $40.  If it seems like she is going through the motions I tip $7.  Also, I have shitty hair

One thing I miss about haircuts is that straight edge shave at the end. That's the best part. I need to find a barbershop out here that shaves heads and indulge in that occasionally.

10 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

It is tough to find someone that knows how to do a decent long man's hair style.  I stumbled upon a guy that owned a Fantastic Sam's once that did a great job. I tipped him 20%.  3 months later I come in just after they open,  he has a client in the chair so I just signed the wait list and sit down.  I know he sees me but there is no Hi be right with you etc., but okay no one else is waiting so I know I am next.  5 min later a chick rolls in, Hey Bob I need a shampoo, cut yada yada yada.  Bob says sure I am almost done.  Now I am thinking wtf am I doing here.  So I get up and walk out. Bob comes running to the door saying hey come on back.  I couldn't do it, I guess he really didn't need my 4x a year business. 

Currently in the market for a someone that can do a decent job.

Published on Feb 4, 2017

Watch the harrowing suspense unfold as El Rubio walks courageously into a salon to deal with split ends and baby hairs. 

12 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

$15 including tip (not my penis). 

My hair fucking sucks. It's thick, curly, and I can't do shit with it when it grows out (like my penis). So I'd rather just go with a buzz cut and get it over with. 

like your penis? 

I haven't cut my hair for a long time, as I like my long hairstyle. There was a problem when I decided to go in for sports, because it was inconvenient to train/run with long hair, it was time when I was ready to cut my hair... But I found good tips for such cases on http://therighthairstyles.com/hairstyles-for-working-out/ and I haven't thought about haircut anymore.

.2-messy-top-knot.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kate said:

I haven't cut my hair for a long time, as I like my long hairstyle. There was a problem when I decided to go in for sports, because it was inconvenient to train/run with long hair, it was time when I was ready to cut my hair... But I found good tips for such cases on http://therighthairstyles.com/hairstyles-for-working-out/ and I haven't thought about haircut anymore.

.2-messy-top-knot.jpg

Almost cut my hair..

It happened just the other day.

Was getting kinda long, could have said it was in my way.

But I didn't and I wonder why....

There's power in your hair, it's cool, and it just takes too long to grow it back again. Just say no to the shears!

horizontal_logo.png

Unless you're going to donate it to a good charity..then it's cool.