• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

20 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

James Mad Dog Mattis is sec of defense. This guy has some epic quotes.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/the-best-from-mad-dog-mattis/

“You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”

To be fair.  He is a Marine.  So his comments are quite tame.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

To be fair.  He is a Marine.  So his comments are quite tame.

Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

15 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You definitely sound like you know what you're talking about. Do you have a background in this stuff?

I'm pretty sure if state/local governments started taking some of this stuff California would go broke in a day.

Nope. I just do a ton of reading on this stuff. I got a crash course in funding when I was an intern working at a field office for a US Rep. My main duty was to take industry publications, important news sources, and spending proposals and make them easier for the Rep and his policy advisor to digest. He was on the Appropriations Committee, so I got to see a bunch of stuff about funding. 

And just to give you some idea: depending upon how you define "Infrastructure," something like 70%-80% is privately managed. And with a few glaring exceptions, these are fairly well maintained. California is mainly impacted by the Water Management, which has been struggling with lowering water levels and Las Vegas (which also demands a lot of power). 

The Power grid especially is something that is super complicated, because on some level most of North America is interconnected. It needs some serious work (mainly because it was sort of slapped together in the 1/2 half of the 20th century). The current administration has started this already, but it needs a lot more work. 

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

I was making Hope and Change posts right off the bat. This swamp restocking was easy to see coming. Nothing was drained.

I guess you're right.  Hope & Change was actually a deeper level of bullshit because some people actually believed it.  I don't think many people believed the swamp draining. 

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The swamp draining will be if he can get the congress term limits and lobbying restrictions done.

That would be hard for anyone to get done, but it'd be great.

Hahahahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I guess you're right.  Hope & Change was actually a deeper level of bullshit because some people actually believed it.  I don't think many people believed the swamp draining. 

Of course it was right, Trump is and always has been a con man extraordinaire. I do think that plenty of people believed that Trump was going to "drain the swamp," though. He wouldn't have made it past the primaries if people weren't buying in.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Hahahahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LOL @ the third party people... even less relevant than before if that was possible.

That Carrier thing was huge. I know the libs are saying, "big deal only 1000 jobs" but from a political perspective it was enormous.

Right now there are zero Republicans in congress who would go against Trump. We'll see how long that lasts but if Trump continues like this he'll be able to do whatever he wants. If he wants to drain the swamp he'll drain it.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

LOL @ the third party people... even less relevant than before if that was possible.

That Carrier thing was huge. I know the libs are saying, "big deal only 1000 jobs" but from a political perspective it was enormous.

Right now there are zero Republicans in congress who would go against Trump. We'll see how long that lasts but if Trump continues like this he'll be able to do whatever he wants. If he wants to drain the swamp he'll drain it.

I just hope those that attended Trump U can get those lucrative jobs as well. If Trump wants to, he can make it happen.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

You seemed to have no problem with the third-party folks here when they were laying into Obama. But of course you waited until now to call them irrelevant lol

Your last sentence is hilarious. But I guess that's what people believe when they guzzle down the Trump Kool-Aid.

28 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The swamp draining will be if he can get the congress term limits and lobbying restrictions done.

That would be hard for anyone to get done, but it'd be great.

Congressional term limits are unconstitutional and would require an amendment. The president has no part of that process outside of lobbying for it.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

In theory we already have term limits...it's called elections. When incumbents are re-elected in the 90% range, it's pretty hard to take folks seriously about term limits. What they are really saying is they don't want other people to be able to vote for their incumbents...but they are perfectly ok re-electing theirs.

Just now, red321 said:

Congressional term limits are unconstitutional and would require an amendment. The president has no part of that process outside of lobbying for it.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

In theory we already have term limits...it's called elections. When incumbents are re-elected in the 90% range, it's pretty hard to take folks seriously about term limits. What they are really saying is they don't want other people to be able to vote for their incumbents...but they are perfectly ok re-electing theirs.

So do you think term limits would be a good thing?

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

I would agree that the third party is pretty much irrelevant. At this point they seem to exist for the sole purpose of taking votes away from actual candidates.

Let's not get carried away with the Carrier thing. It's great for the 800 or so employees, but the reality is also that Trump caved to Carrier. He insisted he was going to put a tariff on their products they moved offshore, and instead they gave them a huge tax break.

20 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

I know you are joking, but this is really a shame. If this causes the 1 Trillion dollar spending bill to be passed, then I will be against it. It is impossible to spend 1 Trillion dollars with out a good measure of corruption involved. 

you've obviously never been Christmas shopping with my wife.

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So do you think term limits would be a good thing?

No. Term limits are bullshit. Folks re-elect their incumbents at a 90% clip. If they really wanted to limit terms, they could vote out their incumbent...they don't. Term limits are about telling other people who they can and can't vote for (and it should be noted...I have never, ever, voted for a house candidate that was won...my district has always been Republican since the first time I could vote).

Term limits also give lobbyists and bureaucrats an incredible amount of power. Elected officials change, but unelected people stay in place.Term limits also ensure elected officials have a short term focus, and decisions are made for the now, and not necessarily the long term.

This isn't to imply having people in office for decades is good, but term limits don't make elected officials more accountable.

My belief is if you want to "drain the swamp" you have to focus on campaign finance reform.

With respect to "drain the swamp" I wasn't referring to term limits but lobbyists, campaign money, etc. Obviously Trump can't impose term limits on members of congress.

Personally I'm in favor of term limits because incumbents enjoy a huge advantage over anyone trying to break through. I think the framers didn't envision people spending a whole career in the House. Rather they envisioned people bringing various real-life experiences and perspectives to Washington for a couple of years and then returning home to their business/practice/farm/job etc. This nonsense of Pelosi being House leader for 16 years or whatever is just not the way it's supposed to be.

But it is what it is.

26 minutes ago, red321 said:

I would agree that the third party is pretty much irrelevant. At this point they seem to exist for the sole purpose of taking votes away from actual candidates.

Let's not get carried away with the Carrier thing. It's great for the 800 or so employees, but the reality is also that Trump caved to Carrier. He insisted he was going to put a tariff on their products they moved offshore, and instead they gave them a huge tax break.

Yeah the libs are trying to spin the Carrier thing but nobody is paying attention, it's just a home run for Trump.

39 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

You seemed to have no problem with the third-party folks here when they were laying into Obama. But of course you waited until now to call them irrelevant lol

Your last sentence is hilarious. But I guess that's what people believe when they guzzle down the Trump Kool-Aid.

I don't know what world you're living in...

Clinton is elected, the Carrier plant moves to Mexico because the dems don't care. Trump is elected, the Carrier plant along with 1000 jobs stay. That's not kool-aid, that's political gold.