• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Trumps position on pot and gay marriage is to leave it up to states. Sounds like the way to go to me. 

not for gay marriage.  He took it a step further and said he would respect the supreme courts decision.  

He wants to send the abortion issue back to the states.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikki-haley-serve-donald-trump-123750379.html

Nikki Haley Will Serve as Donald Trump’s Ambassador to the United Nations

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will accept the nomination to the post of U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations from President-elect Donald Trump, according to two sources familiar with Trump’s presidential transition.

On 11/19/2016 at 10:05 AM, Dochalo said:

not for gay marriage.  He took it a step further and said he would respect the supreme courts decision.  

He wants to send the abortion issue back to the states.  

Yep. That's all I care about re: the Supreme court. That and protecting the 2nd Amendment. 

"Send(ing) the abortion issue back to the states" gives us what we have in Texas, which is doing everything they can short of making it illegal to keep it from happening.  It also leads to things like closing Planned Parenthood and the attendant increase in teen pregnancy, which leads to...more people looking for abortions.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

"Send(ing) the abortion issue back to the states" gives us what we have in Texas, which is doing everything they can short of making it illegal to keep it from happening.  It also leads to things like closing Planned Parenthood and the attendant increase in teen pregnancy, which leads to...more people looking for abortions.

But it won't be that way in all the states so saying you're pro-life but want to send it back to the states is just pro-pandering.

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

And i'm betting if he imposed pro life policies nationwide he's a tyrant. A pro choice policy nationwide then he's a hypocrite.

Is there a choice that could just be called the "right decision"?

That's the point. He's not making a decision. If his stance was to end abortion that would be pro-life and I'd respect it. If it was to repeal RvW and let states choose I'd respect that. But he's just spewing talking point phrases.

9 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The media was just wrong again, as usual.

They were wrong about everything during the campaign, so I don't expect a switch to be thrown that suddenly makes them correct about the transition.

21 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The media was just wrong again, as usual.

iirc she never came out in support of it, but she was a board member of a group that did/does. That doesn't necessarily mean the individual shares that belief.

They weren't wrong.  She was part of the process and never disavowed it until getting this offer to be in the Cabinet.

You have to do a lot of self convincing to think she wasn't a proponent or at least had no problems with it.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

They weren't wrong.  She was part of the process and never disavowed it until getting this offer to be in the Cabinet.

You have to do a lot of self convincing to think she wasn't a proponent or at least had no problems with it.

What reason did she ever have to disavow it before? It wouldn't gain her anything.

They were wrong, they just wanted to find something that correlates somehow to cause a stir. She never had a public position one way or the other.

58 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Believe what you want.  I would prefer not to have someone associated with Common Core anywhere near Department.

I would prefer that someone that had experience and knowledge of the program was involved in taking the best parts of it and retaining those in order to build a more comprehensive program rather than the baby with the bathwater approach. What you are proposing is a bunch of new to the process people coming up with an entirely new program with no real experience as to how to implement and any background data as to what works and what doesn't. Blind leading the blind.

There is also something you may not agree with but it is common in these committees is that a good idea like No Child Left Behind is hijacked by politicians after the fact and convoluted to the point very little is left of the original bill but people may have already committed to being part of the process of putting it into practice long before it was completely hammered out. Common Core started out as standardized testing that would level the classrooms across the US so that a student in California has the same instruction and test as the student in Ohio. That way a true measure of what the growth and development in all states could be ascertained rather than trying to classify each on their individual programs.