• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

arguing whether trump is a racist is pissing in the wind.  He's a 70yo white billionaire.  It would astonish me if any 70yo white male didn't have something in their history that would be at least questionable from the standpoint of racial tolerance by today's standards.  It wasn't right then and it's not right now.  Certainly it was more socially acceptable 30 years ago.  

His questionable character (at best) is relevant and unfortunate considering that I wouldn't want my barber to be such let alone my president.  But it is what it is and at this point all we can hope for is that he can overcome his his deficiencies and serve this country at a level that transcends his faults, our prejudices, and the binary and divisive culture that has developed in this country.  If you are upset about the result, then you are blaming the process.  If you don't like how America works in that regard, then I don't know what to tell you other than  to get up and make an effort to change it.  

On a personal level, I am not thrilled with the choice but I still believe in the way the choice was attained.  I will reluctantly respect that and hope for the best because I can truthfully say that I am unlikely to participate in instituting change even if I thought it was necessary.  

In a way, I find it impressive that the system has allowed such a result to occur.  A quarter of a billion people were given the opportunity to participate in what they felt was best.  In the end, the critical outcome isn't who won the election but the fact that the process achieved the goal of upsetting a stagnant, elitist and disconnected political party system that is now to be tested with personal reflection and potential overhaul.  

I will freely admit that I was initially embarrassed by the result, and I am certainly concerned about the short term collateral damage, but president elect Trump is not a failure of the American people but of the select few that were handed our trust and tasked with the duty to represent us.  

When considering a SoS candidate, just think about what he'll inherit in the middle east. He'll have to balance the new bromance with Russia with their ties to Iran which will irk the Saudis which could have a pretty profound effect on the US economy, which is far more likely to get his supporters to turn on him than his foreign policy decisions in a vacuum would. Then he'll have to be careful not to risk the massive deal that Qatar made to buy aircraft.

http://www.defenseone.com/business/2016/10/us-allows-qatar-buy-f-15s-and-seals-19b-sale-jetliners/132249/

He's going to have to decipher the matrix of support for Syrian rebels, Syrian government, ISIS fighting, Kurd/Turk hostilities, Taliban/Pakistani co-mingling, Afghan government support, etc.

Bottom line is I don't think Giuliani has the sense to handle the job and Bolton doesn't have the temperament.

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

When considering a SoS candidate, just think about what he'll inherit in the middle east. He'll have to balance the new bromance with Russia with their ties to Iran which will irk the Saudis which could have a pretty profound effect on the US economy, which is far more likely to get his supporters to turn on him than his foreign policy decisions in a vacuum would. Then he'll have to be careful not to risk the massive deal that Qatar made to buy aircraft.

http://www.defenseone.com/business/2016/10/us-allows-qatar-buy-f-15s-and-seals-19b-sale-jetliners/132249/

He's going to have to decipher the matrix of support for Syrian rebels, Syrian government, ISIS fighting, Kurd/Turk hostilities, Taliban/Pakistani co-mingling, Afghan government support, etc.

Bottom line is I don't think Giuliani has the sense to handle the job and Bolton doesn't have the temperament.

when you try to make everyone happy, you make no one happy.  

Trump would do well to stick to his guns and select a non-interventionalist type that propagates his campaign platform.  Neither Giuliani or Bolton fit that bill.  

Unless of course he thinks a loyalism supersedes consistency.  Which he may.  

Being anti-establishment won him the election.  Will it make him a good president and will it allow him to achieve his goal of a country united?  Most were wrong about about whether it would work to get him elected.  It's hard to assume that it won't continue to work but getting elected and actually running the country are two very different animals as Obama can attest to.  It is rather ironic that Trump's arrogance and indignance are being cited by both the media and reigning political representatives when it's those parties whose arrogance and indignance could be cited as complicit in his empowerment.  

While I am tempted to say 'hell, let the guy pick his people and let the chips fall where they may', the potential domestic and international damage that could ensue if he's wrong is why me and most of everyone else is terrified.  This isn't Billy Bean trusting Depodesta's theory that obp is the critical determining value to offense.  So half of me is curious while the other half doesn't want to be at war in three places with a 9% interest rate on my mortgage while paying nine grand for a new couch.  

It the difference between earning our trust and telling us to trust him.  When you constantly live on the edge, you increase your risk for going over with even the slightest misstep.  He can hang us over the cliff for the next four years, but I would prefer that view from a comfy chair in my house.  

All lobbyists have been cut from Trump's transition team

Vice President-elect Mike Pence reportedly ordered the removal of all lobbyists from president-elect Donald Trump's transition team, The Wall Street Journal wrote on Tuesday night.

The decision was one of Pence's first since formally taking over the team's lead role. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was abruptly dismissed from the post last week.

Critics have excoriated Trump for including lobbyists, Washington insiders, and Republican Party veterans among his team, suggesting it contradicts the anti-establishment message that defined his campaign.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-transition-team-lobbyists-2016-11

good shit.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

arguing whether trump is a racist is pissing in the wind.  He's a 70yo white billionaire.  It would astonish me if any 70yo white male didn't have something in their history that would be at least questionable from the standpoint of racial tolerance by today's standards.  It wasn't right then and it's not right now.  Certainly it was more socially acceptable 30 years ago.  

His questionable character (at best) is relevant and unfortunate considering that I wouldn't want my barber to be such let alone my president.  But it is what it is and at this point all we can hope for is that he can overcome his his deficiencies and serve this country at a level that transcends his faults, our prejudices, and the binary and divisive culture that has developed in this country.  If you are upset about the result, then you are blaming the process.  If you don't like how America works in that regard, then I don't know what to tell you other than  to get up and make an effort to change it.  

On a personal level, I am not thrilled with the choice but I still believe in the way the choice was attained.  I will reluctantly respect that and hope for the best because I can truthfully say that I am unlikely to participate in instituting change even if I thought it was necessary.  

In a way, I find it impressive that the system has allowed such a result to occur.  A quarter of a billion people were given the opportunity to participate in what they felt was best.  In the end, the critical outcome isn't who won the election but the fact that the process achieved the goal of upsetting a stagnant, elitist and disconnected political party system that is now to be tested with personal reflection and potential overhaul.  

I will freely admit that I was initially embarrassed by the result, and I am certainly concerned about the short term collateral damage, but president elect Trump is not a failure of the American people but of the select few that were handed our trust and tasked with the duty to represent us.  

The Best cabinet Trump could put together isn't ever going to happen.

State: Marco Rubio (Corker is probably the best option among those being considered )

Treasury: Jeb Hensarling or  Tim Pawlenty

Defense: Tom Cotton or Kelly Ayotte

Homeland: Mike McCaul

Commerce: Ben Sasse

Labor: Victoria Lipinic

Energy: Keep Moniz around (He may not stay... but he's a really good Energy Sec.) Otherwise... Rob Portman.

Education: Michelle Rhee (unless you aren't a fan of charter schools or voucher programs). Otherwise... Tim Scott? 

AG: Mike Lee

This will never, ever, ever happen though. 

16 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Very scary.  The whole world is watching.  We will see.  

I read in this thread many who say they are "scared" "terrified" etc. but none is very specific about what they are scared of. I hear that in the media also: "people are scared..." of what exactly?

With respect to SoS. We are already engaged in shooting wars, so you can't blame that on Trump, Bolton, Giuliani, etc. Trump has said he wants to end it by destroying ISIS, which isn't very different from what Obama/Clinton has said.

Who do you guys want to see as SoS? Gary "Aleppo" Johnson?

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

I read in this thread many who say they are "scared" "terrified" etc. but none is very specific about what they are scared of. I hear that in the media also: "people are scared..." of what exactly?

With respect to SoS. We are already engaged in shooting wars, so you can't blame that on Trump, Bolton, Giuliani, etc. Trump has said he wants to end it by destroying ISIS, which isn't very different from what Obama/Clinton has said.

Who do you guys want to see as SoS? Gary "Aleppo" Johnson?

Someone who's first instinct isn't to blow up a brown person.

On November 12, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Blarg said:

I don't think you are getting it yet. Nixon was being prosecuted by the legal system, Clinton is being tried by public opinion.

On November 12, 2016 at 2:31 PM, RallyMo said:

Incorrect!

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It would astonish me if any 70yo white male didn't have something in their history that would be at least questionable from the standpoint of racial tolerance by today's standards

Fixed

11 hours ago, #CF8 said:

On a personal level, I am not thrilled with the choice but I still believe in the way the choice was attained.

I agree 

11 hours ago, #CF8 said:

In the end, the critical outcome isn't who won the election but the fact that the process achieved the goal of upsetting a stagnant, elitist and disconnected political party system that is now to be tested with personal reflection and potential overhaul.  

Exactly.

This is something that not only the dems didn't fully appreciate, the reps who ran against him didn't either 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

It would astonish me if any 70yo white male didn't have something in their history that would be at least questionable from the standpoint of racial tolerance by today's standards

Fixed

Today's standards virtually guarantee that every white male is a racist, and all other males are not.

On November 14, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm on the road working right now but I promise you those are easily debunked. I'll get to it soon.

MAGA, always remember who you are speaking to when you make a comment.

Libs, here you go: 

work
wərk/
noun
plural noun: works
  1. 1
    activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
    "he was tired after a day's work in the fields"
    synonyms: labortoilslogdrudgeryexertioneffortindustryserviceMore

mental or physical activity as a means of earning income; employment.
      "I'm still looking for work"
      synonyms: employment, a job, a position, a situation, a post; More

48 minutes ago, Lou said:

MAGA, always remember who you are speaking to when you make a comment.

Libs, here you go: 

work
    wərk/
    noun
    plural noun: works
    1. 1
      activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
      "he was tired after a day's work in the fields"
      synonyms: labortoilslogdrudgeryexertioneffortindustryserviceMore

mental or physical activity as a means of earning income; employment.
        "I'm still looking for work"
        synonyms: employment, a job, a position, a situation, a post; More

It turned out that he was so busy working that he couldn't come close to debunking either of them.