• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

26 minutes ago, Glen said:

Yes, that's very simple. All they have to do is travel potentially hundreds of miles one-way, have a procedure that is most likely already causing them distress, and then drive home. I'm sure employers will also be happy to give time off for this.

Piece of cake. 

who in their right mind would walk into their hr department and request time off to have an abortion and let the entire company know?

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Yes, that's very simple. All they have to do is travel potentially hundreds of miles one-way, have a procedure that is most likely already causing them distress, and then drive home. I'm sure employers will also be happy to give time off for this.

Piece of cake. 

And that's not to mention that a significant number of women who choose to have an abortion cannot afford to take any time off work (lower paying jobs don't necessarily offer paid off time or sick time), pay to travel hundreds of miles, or for multiple nights stay in a hotel. That's the current strategy behind waiting periods and the TRAP laws being implemented in the states that close all but a few providers.

4 hours ago, red321 said:

And that's not to mention that a significant number of women who choose to have an abortion cannot afford to take any time off work (lower paying jobs don't necessarily offer paid off time or sick time), pay to travel hundreds of miles, or for multiple nights stay in a hotel. That's the current strategy behind waiting periods and the TRAP laws being implemented in the states that close all but a few providers.

If this were to become a state issue, I'd like to believe that there would be some kind of reasonable solution to this. People often seem to do things like that.

6 hours ago, Glen said:

Piece of cake. 

a relatively short trip vs 18 years of raising a child you don't want.

it might not be as problematic as you think. 

17 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

The government shouldn't force so-called religious values on society, whether it happens at the state or federal level. I have no issue with people being morally opposed to some of the social issues but others shouldn't be made to live by those religious standards.

I'm guessing you don't have strong feelings about it and/or haven't felt this way for very long, because if you did, you likely wouldn't have supported Bernie.

Look how much money people gave to PP after trump won. Surely those same people would happily donate to help ladies abort their babies in other States

9 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You're correct in that I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other. However this isn't just a religious issue. there are plenty of non Christians, Mormons etc. that are opposed to abortion. So I would say it's fair to let states choose.

You mean those same states that wouldn't allow gay marriage based upon religious beliefs?

Don't kid yourself, it is by and large a religious issue. That's not to say that every person of faith is pro-life - not even close. But the vast majority who support overturning Roe v Wade are heavily influenced by their interpretation of the Bible. They believe that God is still actively creating all life, hence he "knew" you before you were formed, and that every life is a miracle. Again, I have no qualms with that point of view, as long as it's not forced upon everyone else. Government works better when religious viewpoints are kept out of it.

And by the way, Mormons also identify as Christians, even if other Christians don't recognize them as such.

53 minutes ago, Adam said:

Look how much money people gave to PP after trump won. Surely those same people would happily donate to help ladies abort their babies in other States

Perhaps... but tell that to the scared teenage girl who wouldn't know the first thing about arranging such a plan. Not to mention there are a number of states that require a parent's permission.

Proof that at least some sensible judgment is being used by the incoming administration: Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin left Washington without an offer for the cabinet position she so coveted (which one I have no idea, but she was babbling about wanting to be in the cabinet).

This woman presided over the largest percentage cuts in the nation to her state's education budget (23 percent), then she told teachers that they need to "suck it up", and she openly criticized the school districts who went to a four-day school week as a way of making their budgets last for an entire school year. She told them that they were costing the state industry and employment. In the meantime, she has been pushing for the construction of a reflecting pool at the State Capitol complex. She has also pushed to prevent either of the state's two major universities from conducting research into the connection between fracking and the earthquakes that suddenly seem to be besieging the state.

10 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I wasn't taught with this method, but what in the everloving hell is so conceptually difficult about this that parents are banging their heads against the walls? It's really simple.

The math portion is easy, it's just the blocking scheme is out of whack and leaves the quarterback vulnerable to the blind side blitz.

8 hours ago, Glen said:

Piece of cake. 

I'm thinking that if they were too lazy to drive to the Walgreens and pick up some condoms they aren't making the drive to Un-Planned Parenthood in another state.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

a relatively short trip vs 18 years of raising a child you don't want.

it might not be as problematic as you think. 

Sell your car and get an abortion in the next state

vs

have the baby and get money from the govt—and keep the car.

19 hours ago, red321 said:

we found out it was apparently a sarcastic joke post, no need to give a serious response.

On 11/24/2016 at 1:34 AM, InsideThePark said:

The government shouldn't force so-called religious values on society, whether it happens at the state or federal level. I have no issue with people being morally opposed to some of the social issues but others shouldn't be made to live by those religious standards.

How do we not do that now? Virtually all laws are based on some sort of a moral code. We all have our own ideas about right and wrong, whether they come from a religious perspective or something else. In the end different parts of the country have different ideas about right and wrong, I don't see why half of the country should be telling the other half how they have to live.

When you encourage decisions to be decided by local communities you promote liberty and allow for people who don't share their local social/cultural beliefs to go find somewhere that does. Blanket federal laws which apply to everybody should work for everybody, instead they are used as a political football where one side focuses on telling the other how to live, until tide turns the other way.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry M. Goldwater

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

How do we not do that now? Virtually all laws are based on some sort of a moral code. We all have our own ideas about right and wrong, whether they come from a religious perspective or something else. In the end different parts of the country have different ideas about right and wrong, I don't see why half of the country should be telling the other half how they have to live.

When you encourage decisions to be decided by local communities you promote liberty and allow for people who don't share their local social/cultural beliefs to go find somewhere that does. Blanket federal laws which apply to everybody should work for everybody, instead they are used as a political football where one side focuses on telling the other how to live, until tide turns the other way.

If you don't want to abort your baby then don't.