• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's Official: Scioscia back in 2017

22 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

In other shocking news, Josh Hamilton has decided not to retire and intends to collect his entire salary for 2017.

This has far more impact than the fact that Scioscia is returning.  The Texas gift that keeps on giving for one more horrendous year anyway.  Think of what could possibly be done with that money.

On October 3, 2016 at 8:01 PM, tomsred said:

This has far more impact than the fact that Scioscia is returning.  The Texas gift that keeps on giving for one more horrendous year anyway.  Think of what could possibly be done with that money.

i actually think that not a whole lot should be done with any money this year.  Stay away from the shit free agent class.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

i actually think that not a whole lot should be done with any money this year.  Stay away from the shit free agent class this year.

It's not only the free agent class this year though.  In mid-summer we can get back into the international market as we are free of the Baldaquin transaction.  There are some current players like Calhoun we could lock up for a few years.  And then there is the endless search for bullpen pieces throughout the off season and next season.  We could get a little higher class of peanut if we had these extra bucks.

So they couldn't fire him last year because it would have looked ridiculous to back him over Jerry mid year and then fire him at the end.  So if you aren't going to give him his walking papers after the team finishes a game out of the playoffs AND you are bringing in a new GM, then why would you let him go after a season where he didn't have the personnel expected because of injury.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Anyone upset about this or surprised about this is ridiculous or just plain stupid, possibly, probably both.  

Or, you know, just wishes we would make a long overdue change to improve our prospects of success into the future.

I don't love Scioscia, but I'm not ignorant enough to believe he is the reason we have struggled the last several years to perform like we did in the first half of this decade.  The amount of hate he gets on here is a special kind of stupid.  I remember wanting him gone if it meant keeping Dipoto, boy was I WRONG.  Dipoto was just plain bad at his job. 

3 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Or, you know, just wishes we would make a long overdue change to improve our prospects of success into the future.

Yea, or people attribute every bad thing that happens to bad managerial decisions and not bad players or bad player performance, or good player performance from the opponents.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, or people attribute every bad thing that happens to bad managerial decisions and not bad players or bad player performance, or good player performance from the opponents.  

Yeah, I don't do any of those things and want him gone but strawmen are fun.