• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's Official: Scioscia back in 2017

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

i don't understand this belief that it's a wasted career if you don't win a championship, especially in baseball.  Sure you'd like to win one, but so many great athletes have had hall of fame careers and not won it all.  Also the one person who may cost Trout a championship is the same one that is going to pay him close to $500 million over the course of his career.  If Trout signs an extension, and I believe he will, then he understands the risk involved.  

Stop being a nutswinger...   Everyone knows that if you don't win a ring your career was a waste, just like...

Ty Cobb

Ken Griffey Jr

Mike Piazza

Barry Bonds

Carl Yastrzemski

Ted Williams

Ernie Banks

Rod Carew

Robin Yount

Tony Gwynn

Juan Marichal

Ralph Kiner

Nellie Fox...

All of them colossal wastes....

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

And Trout wanted to go 13 years -- instead of 6...

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mike-trout-angels-ended-up-meeting-in-the-middle-on-monster-contract-041714

So, where does put things?

I have no idea. I'm hoping that the Angels create a championship level team before his contract terminates. If not, he will most certainly entertain his options if he remains healthy and the most productive player in MLB. We can't blame him for that. It's the business side of baseball that concerns me the most.

6 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

rings don't really mean shit....

"Just trying to win a ring, you know, that's the biggest thing," Trout said prior to taking batting practice Friday. "If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will. Just playing hard every day, come in here and try to win."

The time to win is now ... tomorrow may never come. 

11 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

To the players they mean something obviously. To the people who evaluate players and like to rank them when their careers are over, they don't have weight.

Two different things.

I don't consider Griffey any worse of a player because he didn't win a ring.

Well I think it means a lot to Trout. He may end up being the greatest most complete player in the history of baseball. I don't think he wants that "but he never won a championship" tag attached to his name. He will seek a championship no matter what it takes. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

i don't understand this belief that it's a wasted career if you don't win a championship, especially in baseball.  Sure you'd like to win one, but so many great athletes have had hall of fame careers and not won it all.  Also the one person who may cost Trout a championship is the same one that is going to pay him close to $500 million over the course of his career.  If Trout signs an extension, and I believe he will, then he understands the risk involved.  

The "poor mike trout" posts about how the team is letting him down (and forcing him to leave five years from now) are among the most annoying on the board.  And this is from someone who writes a lot of annoying stuff.

12 hours ago, disarcina said:

How many here think Scioscia completes what? his 20th year with the Halos in 2017 and then that's it.

I don't think he gets 'fired' -- I think he gets kicked upstairs as a special assistant to the owner or something like that.

I just don't see Scioscia remaining skipper of the Halos past 2017.

I could be wrong, have been before.

I do not think he lasts beyond the contract.  However I can'tell see him as a front office man.  He could end up top ten in wins as a manager if he stays in the game.  However that will probably be with a different club.

He looks a lot more tired out with the long season than he did in his first 10 years on the job. At some point running through airports and sleeping in a hotel gets old when it's 100 nights a year even when you've got travel secretaries and baggage handlers taking care of arrangements. I could see him taking a year off,  maybe doing the ESPN or Fox Sports thing before choosing to manage again. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He looks a lot more tired out with the long season than he did in his first 10 years on the job. At some point running through airports and sleeping in a hotel gets old when it's 100 nights a year even when you've got travel secretaries and baggage handlers taking care of arrangements. I could see him taking a year off,  maybe doing the ESPN or Fox Sports thing before choosing to manage again. 

I think once he's done with this current contract he will move in to an upper management position with the Angels or the Dodgers. He definitely has some value and he is a lifetime baseball guy so he won't be too far away in some capacity.

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ken Griffey Jr., Ted Williams, and Robin Yount all nod their head in approval.

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The 140+ miles round trip for every home game has to wear on him too after 17 years.

Granted some commute a similar distance for some 200-250 days a year on their job.

i did non stop travel for my first startup, and man after only 6-8 months of living in hotels, flying all over the country non stop, etc i was getting burnt out. 2 days in dallas, one day in austin, 3 days in nyc, 2 days in boston, home in SF for 3 days, three weeks in compton, up to seattle for 1 day, etc. its brutal and really wears you out. granted i might party a little bit harder than scioscia i would imagine. 

can't fathom doing that for almost two decades. 

22 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

i did non stop travel for my first startup, and man after only 6-8 months of living in hotels, flying all over the country non stop, etc i was getting burnt out. 2 days in dallas, one day in austin, 3 days in nyc, 2 days in boston, home in SF for 3 days, three weeks in compton, up to seattle for 1 day, etc. its brutal and really wears you out. granted i might party a little bit harder than scioscia i would imagine. 

Being a Gigolo is tough work. 

28 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

IMG_5726.JPG

29 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Closer to four decades when you add in his playing days. Imagine the fun being a minor league manager when it is the budget motels after an 8 hour bus ride. The post game spread is what was leftover from the snack bar. 

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Well I think it means a lot to Trout. He may end up being the greatest most complete player in the history of baseball. I don't think he wants that "but he never won a championship" tag attached to his name. He will seek a championship no matter what it takes. 

Well then why do you constantly try to post how other players had better years?  Just kidding, I know exactly why you do it.

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Stop being a nutswinger...   Everyone knows that if you don't win a ring your career was a waste, just like...

Ty Cobb

Ken Griffey Jr

Mike Piazza

Barry Bonds

Carl Yastrzemski

Ted Williams

Ernie Banks

Rod Carew

Robin Yount

Tony Gwynn

Juan Marichal

Ralph Kiner

Nellie Fox...

All of them colossal wastes....

Not to mention when rod carew grabs a beer with giys hes working with in the offseason like mike moustakas, they open his beer for him with their ring, even though they dont have to because its a twist off cap. They just do it to troll.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I think thats one of the things most fans dont see. Even the home games, where we get there at like 630 or so for the game (740 if youre a west coast fan), the players and staff are there about 1230. And they leave about 1130. Long days, generally 7 days a week, not including travel. Tie in spring training, winter leagues, etc, its a long year.

Not saying that as in "those poor guys", but the job is more demanding than some of us see.

With my overtime and goofy schedule i basically live at work, and it catches up for sure. But at least my commute isnt that bad, and i sleep in my bed most nights (unless something goes really right)

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Nothin like 3 weeks of gang bangin to recharge the old batteries.  Even a weekend servin fools is quite refreshing.