• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's Official: Scioscia back in 2017

It's best to see how 2017 ends up, and even then given how Scioscia keeps the team from unraveling during the season, it might be best to let him serve out the two remaining seasons and see how 2018 goes as well.

Question: if they (or Scioscia himself) decide to send him upstairs after 2018, is Roenicke the guy to lead them on the field after 2018?   He did have one NL Central title as the Brewers manager, iirc.  

20 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

To think that Jesus as acting manager, with all his healing abilities, would not heal all the injured UCLs on his own team is just... un-Christian...

Then he would have been obligated to heal Josh Hamilton who would just take up all his time getting injured over and over again.

28 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I wonder what kind of insulting nicknames AO could come up with for jesus the manager.

I don't know but I can see Jesus driving the pitchers crazy with advice like, "In your hand are power and might; and it is in your hand to make great and to give strength to all."

Post game interviews will be more perplexing than turning the page.

Reporter: "Hey, Jesus, Rough outing for Richards tonight, who exactly are you starting in tomorrows game"

Jesus: "Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day."

Based on the comments by Troll Daddy and Stradling, I guess we can conclude they are ALL IN on Scioscia being extended beyond his current contract;  never mind fulfilling his current one.

Amazing, just amazing.

Even when the guy has the personnel (which, admittedly, he didnt this year), he screws the pooch, constantly.

Scioscia only appears decent when compared to the jobs that Dipoto and Arte did. He ends up being the least responsible for this disaster of an organization.

What a ringing endorsement that is.

it's been clear to me for some time that MS DIDNT actually win us a WS. Joe Maddon did.

7 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

"the terrible state of the organization" wtf

Who makes up this shit? I'm guessing those who are trying to draw attention to themselves because they don't agree with the organizational plan. 

Holy crap you're an idiot. I mean we already knew that, but the extent of it always somehow surprises me.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

Just put troll somewhere in your name and you can post anything and it'll be laughed off, even by the mods.

Brilliant!

You want him banned for ridiculous posts?  The forum would lose 65% of its posters with that rule.  He doesn't break any board rules.  He's just annoying.  

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Umm..   I used ridiculously stupid playfully...   A play on what Strad said..  

So, while there is nothing stupid about being upset with the "terrible state of the organization" -- that has more to do with other people than the guy in the dugout.   He's not perfect, there are things he does that drives me batshit, but as someone that watches a lot of other games besides the Angels -- he's a world better than most.

The organization IMO is in better shape today that it was at the end of last year.  If nothing else it seems to at least be on the same page for the first time in a long time.

I don't think Scioscia is a terrible on-field manager. He isn't anywhere near as good as the nutswingers believe, but he is no Mike Matheny or Matt Williams either. He probably fits in the 'a little below average' category in my eyes but I wouldn't necessarily dispute someone who puts him slightly higher than that. He does some really stupid things with playing time and lineup construction, while the bunting shit is just giving away outs on a regular basis. But there are some good things too.

The biggest issue is the power structure. It is not the only issue but it is the biggest. That could be fixed by Moreno but that's clearly not going to happen. Managers should never have the power he clearly had - it is still cringe-worthy that a manager won a power struggle over a GM - and the main thing I want for Eppler or any GM is to be able to do their job with the appropriate amount of power and free of owner interference. Unfortunately it's likely he is being affected by both. But back on Scioscia, this hasn't been a team that fits his style in a long time. I don't think he is a good fit for this team and in hindsight hasn't been for quite awhile. He has also been here too long and the accountability seems to have vanished. Those factors, plus the power issues and my desire for a team which operates in a more analytically minded way, make we wish we had made a change. But it obviously was never coming and I don't think there is any circumstance in 2017 that could lead to his firing either.