• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

I still think CLE is the team to beat in the AL. But they have vulnerabilities, too. Allen is not a great closer. Tito should look at the opposing lineup in the 8th and 9th and use Miller against the strongest threesome. He eats up LH or RH hitters. As I've mentioned before, Allen relies too much on his slider. He needs to throw the fast ball IN on RH hitters more, instead of relying on the slider away.

Also,  LH pitchers force Lindor and Santana to hit from their weaker sides;  while negating Kipnis, Chisenhall and Bruce, somewhat. Ramirez hits everyone, but is slightly better from the right side. Boston has strong LH pitching and could match up well with CLE IF they get past Houston.

I hope this puzzling experiment with Kipnis in CF ends. He is a significant liability out there. Limited range, and absolutely no arm. Runners will take the extra base on him all day. He doesnt turn the DP as well as Ramirez but the alternative is Urshela or Diaz at third and their weaker bats. I'm hoping that Chisenhall returns to the OF with Jackson and Bruce, and Kip goes back to 2nd. I doubt Brantley will be able to play the OF in the ALDS;  maybe the ALCS if the Indians get that far.

I would leave Tomlin off the ALDS roster, in favor of an additional position player. But who is on the bench is a really tough question for Tito. So many capable players;  Allen, Naquin, Diaz, Guyer (if healthy), Brantley, Rodriguez, Almonte. Even the young Mejia looks like a good pinch hitter from either side of the plate.

• 5 months later...