• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

12 hours ago, Tank said:

so the dodgers outscored the giants 14-2 this weekend but only won 2 of the games. well done, blue. well done.

can't recall a 4 game series where all four games were shutouts. 

Giants came close to tying an all-time record for fewest runs in the first four games of a season. The 1968 Dodgers and 1937 Braves each scored just one run in their first four games.

16 minutes ago, well_red said:

Good for Chance....if the other team shifts the entire infield, damn right I'd bunt to get on, whatever the score was.....I don't care what the unwritten rule is, if the other team is going to shift, what do they expect?

49 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Good for Chance....if the other team shifts the entire infield, damn right I'd bunt to get on, whatever the score was.....I don't care what the unwritten rule is, if the other team is going to shift, what do they expect?

yeah I wish more players would bunt into the shift.  every time.  except for pujols.  think the shift is more "bad for baseball" than bunting into said shift.

I saw a followup article just now where the guy said he had a problem with the bunt because in the previous inning, the orioles didn't hold on at first place, but since they were up 7-0 then the twins respected that and didn't steal the free base.  therefore, the twins shouldn't have bunted into the shift as a some sort of gentlemanly agreement.  i'm not sure why they even bothered to play out the game, surely a gentleman would concede victory at a score of 7-0.

I remember when Verlander lost his shit when Aybar bunted in the eigth inning of his no hit bid. The best part is Verlander was the one that misshandled the ball that allowed Aybar to reach.

It was only the eigth inning and the Angels were only down 3-0 so why should Aybar concede the game? Angels scored two runs that inning and Verlander told Aybar he gets beaned the next time they play. For three years Verlander never matched up with the Angels to get his revenge and Aybar never got hit by a pitch.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I remember when Verlander lost his shit when Aybar bunted in the eigth inning of his no hit bid. The best part is Verlander was the one that misshandled the ball that allowed Aybar to reach.

It was only the eigth inning and the Angels were only down 3-0 so why should Aybar concede the game? Angels scored two runs that inning and Verlander told Aybar he gets beaned the next time they play. For three years Verlander never matched up with the Angels to get his revenge and Aybar never got hit by a pitch.

i remember that and since then i've thought verlander is a little bitch.  

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

....For three years Verlander never matched up with the Angels to get his revenge and Aybar never got hit by a pitch.

And they ended up playing together for the Tigers....

44 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Fatolo scheduled to start tonight. Oh yeah, Howie only hitting .364 as of this moment.

17 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Newcomb stinkin it up versus the Nats.

Bryce Harper with his third bomb.  Howie just botched a relatively routine fly ball in deep left too