• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

[hey mtangelsfan] How Bernie pays for his proposals

CF8, how many supporters of any presidential candidates know the details of their candidate's plan?

I understand the basics and the underlying ideology, and some of the details. But I'm not a "blind follower" if I don't know exactly every step involved every single aspect of Bernie's plan.

As far as "free college" goes, I know he plans to pay for it with a Wall Street tax and that it would include public universities and community colleges. Seems like a good idea and at least worth a try.

I agree with you that not everyone should go to college, but you mistook what I meant. I don't mean mandatory like K-12 (or at least K through 16 years old), but the idea that it is an extension of the educational process. But yeah, maybe it should include vocational schools and trainings as well.

As for STEM and healthcare, maybe the 'Bernie Plan' could be implemented in stages, starting with healthcare (including mental health) and then STEM and then everything else.

Is there anything beyond free higher edu paid by wall street? If not, then WTF. How can the questions in this thread not be already answered. And we don't even know what we don't know. Imagine the details that we haven't even discussed...yet this is all we get from Bern?

Just because the others don't share their plan that makes it fine for Bernie not to? I thought he was different.

Edited by CF8

Colt, Just out of curiosity and because i would love to give you props what are you currently doing to help the poor and needy. Obviously if you make good money you're helping them with your tax dollars, but if you're not, I'd love to know how you're spending time fighting for this cause. You certainly come across as someone that isn't just an idealist that throws words at a keyboard to help those that America is leaving behind that can't possibly help themselves.

Hey Colt, I'm still waiting

Wow, so !@#$ the poor? They're lazy and thats why they're poor.

Anyone who believes that is either really racist/sexist or just full retard. And yes you can be a full blown retard and make a living in a america…. if you're white.

now who's the racist?

I know young people...who have jobs, are educated, yes are employable, Jay, who never mention the free college part of Bernie's plan. What gets lost in all of this is you have Hillary and a ****ed up GOP party as your other choices.  That is where the ones I talk to lean toward Bernie. 

Only stupidity thinks all his followers are uneducated. Talk about sound bytes right off FOX News. 

Who said "all" of Sanders followers are uneducated?  Ignorant, maybe.  But I wouldn't call them uneducated.  

Trump followers strike me as more uneducated than Sanders, though I would certainly not apply the "all" label to his followers either.

AJ, I respect your unwavering passion for your guy, even though you're the only one supporting him in the face of such overwhelming evidence against him here.

I strongly support Sanders as well.

Lots of very smart economists have backed Sanders' ideas, shame on us for listening to them over some guys on a baseball forum.

I strongly support Sanders as well.

Lots of very smart economists have backed Sanders' ideas, shame on us for listening to them over some guys on a baseball forum.

theory vs. practice. the theory of communism is good, but the practice of communism sucks big chunks.

I like how a bunch of people who have never been in the military are advocating totally ****ing it up with an influx of people it isn't prepared for and doesn't need. Added to the fact that most of those people wouldn't want to be there and would create more problems than they solve.

Great ****ing idea, gents.

I am a little late to this conversation but historically the military whether through draft or voluntary induction has very low standards for admission. My brothers in law are living proof of that.

Israel has mandatory service for all citizens. It does not have a negative affect on their military.

I know young people...who have jobs, are educated, yes are employable, Jay, who never mention the free college part of Bernie's plan. What gets lost in all of this is you have Hillary and a ****ed up GOP party as your other choices. That is where the ones I talk to lean toward Bernie.

Only stupidity thinks all his followers are uneducated. Talk about sound bytes right off FOX News.

Thank you. Everyone in here acts like anyone supporting Bernie is in it to get free stuff. I wouldn't get a dime and might be taxed at a higher rate. These are the assumptions and generalizations I referred to in the other thread. If Nate could have a real conversation and not be a **** face, maybe he could understand the other side.

I'm anything but conservative but I totally understand the points you guys make in regards to his policies. It's just not how I choose to vote.

Just thinking out loud here. So if college is free how many years do they get to complete college? As it is the number one complaint in college seems to be it takes longer than four years to get a degree because classes are full. I'm assuming more people going to college means more full classes which means longer for everyone to get a degree, even the ones that earned college in the first place.

One of the most annoying things about college was ending up 30th on a wait list for a required class, then seeing a third of the kids drop out of class after mid terms. A major problem in community college is the large amount of people who don't want to be there, or at least don't take it seriously. When we tell every kid they need to go to college and then make it free for them to do so you end up wasting a bunch of people's time and money.

Economics would also dictate that the money students save from 'free college' would end up going to the asshole publishing companies when they once again raise prices on their bullshit required textbooks.

Bernie could do a whole lot more for students if he proposed rules banning required textbooks.