• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

[hey mtangelsfan] How Bernie pays for his proposals

Bernie could propose making them free, however.

Haha that'd be fun. How long before they average over $200 each? I give it a year.

Now-a-days students HAVE to use the 'online component' included with a text book... of course it's only included with a 'new' text book. Good luck getting your money back reselling that book.

One of the most annoying things about college was ending up 30th on a wait list for a required class, then seeing a third of the kids drop out of class after mid terms. A major problem in community college is the large amount of people who don't want to be there, or at least don't take it seriously. When we tell every kid they need to go to college and then make it free for them to do so you end up wasting a bunch of people's time and money.

Economics would also dictate that the money students save from 'free college' would end up going to the asshole publishing companies when they once again raise prices on their bullshit required textbooks.

Bernie could do a whole lot more for students if he proposed rules banning required textbooks. 

in this day and age, all textbooks should have a digital option at far, far less cost to those buying them. if you decide you need to have a physical copy of your earth science book and want to spend $300 for it, go right ahead - but make it optional.

in this day and age, all textbooks should have a digital option at far, far less cost to those buying them. if you decide you need to have a physical copy of your earth science book and want to spend $300 for it, go right ahead - but make it optional.

It's been a few years since I was in school, but there wasn't a significant enough price difference to make buying the digital version worthwhile. With the physical copy you could at least resell it.

So straight from Bernie's website it says even the poorest Americans are going to see a raise in taxes.

It's incredible that even though I may or may not even reach $16,000 this year with my part-time college job I would see my payroll taxes increased.

When will people learn that the phrase "tax the rich" really means "tax the hell out of everyone, even those who are below the poverty level"?

My son made a little more than that part time last year and basically got all the money he paid in back. According to the Trump tax plan you wouldn't pay any federal taxes for the first $25k.

So straight from Bernie's website it says even the poorest Americans are going to see a raise in taxes.

It's incredible that even though I may or may not even reach $16,000 this year with my part-time college job I would see my payroll taxes increased.

When will people learn that the phrase "tax the rich" really means "tax the hell out of everyone, even those who are below the poverty level"?

This isn't really true, or rather your taxes will increase, but only a small amount - and with a huge impact in other areas. According to this page,your taxes would be raised in only a few, very small, ways:

*Payroll tax totally about $1.61/week for average worker - which your salary is a bit below, but we'll just go with the numbers - this totals $83.72 for a year. This pays for extended family and medical leave.

*2.2% tax to pay for universal healthcare. This would amount to $352 a year.

So your taxes would increase by $435 a year, or about $8.37 a week.

What's the payoff? Well, you and everyone else gets extended paid family and medical leave, and you and everyone else gets universal healthcare.

Seems like a great deal for a bit over eight bucks a week.

And he'll wait until the all the bills are passed and signed prior to raising taxes, right?  I mean, I would hate for government to raise taxes on everyone only to fail to deliver all the bulls**t ... errrr ... wonderful programs that they promised. 

Not that it matters.  He'll be done after tomorrow. 

This isn't entirely true, but it is certainly what the Hillary-biased media promulgates and the masses believe, unfortunately. Super Tuesday is heavy on southern States in which Hillary will do well. After that, there are lots of states that Bernie should do well in, and I don't think he'll give up until he's mathematically eliminated.

That said, he's in serious trouble if he doesn't win two of Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Colorado (Vermont is a gimme). If he wins all four, then I think he's got a great chance. If he wins two of the bigger three, he's still got a solid chance. If he wins only one, then he's in serious trouble. None, and he's done.

In reality, what's the difference between Hillary and the Republican candidates in terms of actual policy? The differences really seem rhetorical. 

The difference isn't huge in many ways, but in some ways it is significant. For instance, Hillary is stronger on the environment and social issues. Actually, the impending water crisis and the environmental/climate change in general is probably why, in the end, I will balk and vote for Hillary.

The difference isn't huge in many ways, but in some ways it is significant. For instance, Hillary is stronger on the environment and social issues. Actually, the impending water crisis and the environmental/climate change in general is probably why, in the end, I will balk and vote for Hillary.

I don't know that her platform will actually translate into policy though. Maybe. Count me as skeptical though.

Not sure, but I believe Hillary is less likely to start nuclear war.

...than Cruz perhaps and I don't think he's got much of a shot. 

This isn't really true, or rather your taxes will increase, but only a small amount - and with a huge impact in other areas. According to this page,your taxes would be raised in only a few, very small, ways:

*Payroll tax totally about $1.61/week for average worker - which your salary is a bit below, but we'll just go with the numbers - this totals $83.72 for a year. This pays for extended family and medical leave.

*2.2% tax to pay for universal healthcare. This would amount to $352 a year.

So your taxes would increase by $435 a year, or about $8.37 a week.

What's the payoff? Well, you and everyone else gets extended paid family and medical leave, and you and everyone else gets universal healthcare.

Seems like a great deal for a bit over eight bucks a week.

these numbers remind me of how a few years ago here in CA there were some props (72?76?) and we were told SPECIFICALLY by gov. moonbeam that our taxes would NOT be raised. the props passed and the day after the election he announced our sales tax or whatever was going up, and they KNEW it was going up before the election, but they didn't want to admit it.

i'm wondering, also, why the feds would pay for family medical leave. this seems very much like something employers should take care, not gov't. i'm not in favor of that.

Bernie's plan is basically a pyramid scheme.  It would be like giving Bernie Madoff investment money.

"We know we've blown, mismanaged, wasted, sifted and embezzled your money for decades but trust us now.  Give us your money first, and we promise it will come back to you with interest".

Fool me once shame on you, fool me 363 times...................