• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

And with that, the Angels now move up to #17 in the draft order.

At this point, I'm getting inclined to just wait it out for Cespedes or bust. Get him if his price drops and keep the pick.

The difference between 17 and whatever won't make a bit of difference if talent evaluation and draft strategy aren't improved.

Kazmir to the Dodgers.

I keep hearing how HOU has improved this offseason, but aside from adding Giles to a bullpen that needed major help, they have seem to have lost more than gained. They did manage to keep Sipp and Rasmus. But they're also minus Lowrie, Conger, and Carter, and traded or lost several arms. Qualls, Hernandez, Thatcher, Perez, Oberholtzer, and Velasquez (even if some just qualify as depth) all represent quite a large portion of their pitching, and now Kazmir is gone as well.

Still some folks out there they can sign or trade for, but I personally don't think they've done much to help themselves, especially given that struggles after the fist 6 weeks of the '15 season.

I keep hearing how HOU has improved this offseason, but aside from adding Giles to a bullpen that needed major help, they have seem to have lost more than gained. They did manage to keep Sipp and Rasmus. But they're also minus Lowrie, Conger, and Carter, and traded or lost several arms. Qualls, Hernandez, Thatcher, Perez, Oberholtzer, and Velasquez (even if some just qualify as depth) all represent quite a large portion of their pitching, and now Kazmir is gone as well.

Still some folks out there they can sign or trade for, but I personally don't think they've done much to help themselves, especially given that struggles after the fist 6 weeks of the '15 season.

Houston has a young and talented existing roster. While there are never guarantees, they have reason to be optimistic that their young core will improve as they enter their primes. Keuchel, Altuve, Springer, and Correa are all between 21 and 27 years old. Houston 'could' be a better team in 2016 than 2015 by simply doing nothing.

Houston lacks rotation depth and it's going to hurt them.

Not likely. The Astros have plenty of SP options thanks to their robust farm system. They can also trade some prospects for a pitcher without significant repercussion.

Not likely. The Astros have plenty of SP options thanks to their robust farm system. They can also trade some prospects for a pitcher without significant repercussion.

I feel like most rosters have the rotational depth that we think is a strength of the Angels.

You know.. Guys like Santiago, tropeano and Shoemaker..... and of course the guy coming off a long injury with lots of potential(skaggs).

Edited by Poozy

1. Mike DiGiovanna Retweeted MLB Trade Rumors

Was a solid LH out of #Angels bullpen last season, though most of his appearances were in low-leverage situations.

Mike DiGiovanna added,

CX_SI5HWEAMdUbC.jpg

MLB Trade Rumors @mlbtraderumors

6 retweets3 likes

Retweet

More

LRT: Cesar Ramos, a lefty, got only a Minor League deal despite coming off a 2.75 ERA in 65 appearances. Largely low leverage, but still.

5 retweets4 likes

Retweet

More