• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Great" Movies You Hate

Adam

I wouldn't call the following movies horrible, but I just didn't like them all that much

Moulin Rouge (and pretty much any movie musical ever)

so you're including The King and I and Sound of Music in your list?!?

shut.

your.

dirty.

whore.

mouth!

I pretty much dislike most musicals but I will watch Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. Like Anne Hathaway I can watch Hepburn peel potatoes and stay interest for hours. But there is a limit on Hathaway and I found that with Ella Enchanted. Horrible, horrible film that my wife watches whenever it hits the cable cycle.

Which one?

the recent one, from 2004.

was just so meh and over-hyped.

felt like it was written by an angsty high school freshman trying to be deep about race.

but was pretty boring and cliched IMO.

shouldn't even have been nominated for an oscar IMO let alone win.

but what do i know, one of my all-time favorite movies is Tombstone.

the david cronenberg Crash from 1996 is awesome!

Edited by mrwicked

Anything Tarantino.  I just don't get the hype of his movies.

Avatar.  It was like playing a video game.  Except the graphics weren't as good.  And the story line was bad.

Lord of the Rings and whatever that Hobbit movie was.  It was like a Michael Bay movie.  You special effect everything, with a story line that makes no sense.  

Transformers.  How is this damn movie series still making money?  It's like you have a $150 million budget.  But $140 million of it must be spent on special effects, and you must use all of it.

You don't like Tarantino and Lord of the Rings? You have bad taste, sir.

Forrest Gump - 2+ hours of manipulation with no message/payoff...episodic and nonsensical

Titanic - Quite possibly the biggest, smelliest piece of crap to win Best Picture. Between this and Avatar, Cameron cornered the market on printing money off of digital garbage.

Edited by mulwin444

Forrest Gump - 2+ hours of manipulation with no message/payoff...episodic and nonsensical

Titanic - Quite possibly the biggest, smelliest piece of crap to win Best Picture. Between this and Avatar, Cameron cornered the market on printing movie off of digital garbage.

titanic id be ok with if it was just considered a lame chick movie. How it got so much praise baffles me. It was beyond

Avatar was the cartoon version of dances with wolves

titanic id be ok with if it was just considered a lame chick movie. How it got so much praise baffles me. It was beyond

Avatar was the cartoon version of dances with wolves

From a technical standpoint James Cameron's movies are always interesting. Sometimes his storytelling goes off the rails though, as with Avatar.

He'll always get a pass from me because of the first two Terminator movies. I never get tired of them.

The best musicals pretty much always make for terrible movies.

The recent film versions of Phantom and Les Mis were unwatchable. And Mama Mia....barf. And Grease is banned from ever being sung in my classroom. Anything from that stupid thing makes my skin crawl.

I do like a musical that nobody's ever heard of called 1776. I didn't think a musical about the signing of the Declaration of Independence would work, but it really kinda did, IMO.

My wife and I saw 1776 in Ford's Theater in Washington DC. No better place to see it.

I think that after reading thru 4 pages of posts, we need to define what a "great" movie is.

Some very loose definitions of great in here

I think "great" should mean that it is either considered a classic or it was, at least, nominated for some non-technical awards. Shawshank Redemption and Ernest Goes to Jail would be two that qualify.

From a technical standpoint James Cameron's movies are always interesting. Sometimes his storytelling goes off the rails though, as with Avatar.

He'll always get a pass from me because of the first two Terminator movies. I never get tired of them.

"The Abyss" as well...great set-up, interesting ideas, but a crap ending