• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Great" Movies You Hate

Adam

forgot about Grand Budapest Hotel...in general movies that try to really hard to be hip and quirky annoy the hell out of me

Anything that includes Owen Wilson (with the exception of Midnight in Paris which I was surprised I didn't dislike)

The Hangover

Pineapple Express

though I think some of that is I'm just old so a lot of that is just lost on me

forgot about Grand Budapest Hotel...in general movies that try to really hard to be hip and quirky annoy the hell out of me

Anything that includes Owen Wilson (with the exception of Midnight in Paris which I was surprised I didn't dislike)

The Hangover

Pineapple Express

though I think some of that is I'm just old so a lot of that is just lost on me

I like the Shanghai movies and the Meet the Parents movies.

This will probably rile people but but I never thought Braveheart was any good.

i wish you an early breakdown on the 405, say around 3:00, and that there aren't any tow trucks available. and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!

oh yeah, and shut your dirty whore mouth!!!

i wish you an early breakdown on the 405, say around 3:00, and that there aren't any tow trucks available. and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!

oh yeah, and shut your dirty whore mouth!!!

That actually happened to me once.  Except for the fleas and camels part.

I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time a few months ago. I was surprised by how terrible it was. I like most Blake Edwards movies too. The Pink Panther and Skin Deep just to name a couple. Breakfast at Tiffany's was so bad. The Mickey Rooney character is ridiculous. I could barely finish it.

That brings up something I've been thinking about lately. We've decided to try watching the "top 100 movies" of all time. The list are usually generally similar so we've been using the IMDB list. Most of the movies listed are much older, so I'm wondering how some of these are going to hold up. Items like the Mickey Rooney character, which when viewed today is obviously incredibly racist, and yes, back then it was incredibly racist, but society was different. I'm interested to see how much that impacts my impression of some of these movies.

That brings up something I've been thinking about lately. We've decided to try watching the "top 100 movies" of all time. The list are usually generally similar so we've been using the IMDB list. Most of the movies listed are much older, so I'm wondering how some of these are going to hold up. Items like the Mickey Rooney character, which when viewed today is obviously incredibly racist, and yes, back then it was incredibly racist, but society was different. I'm interested to see how much that impacts my impression of some of these movies.

The art of acting on film has changed greatly. Some of the old films play like a bad soap opera mixed with propaganda films. They are entertaining if you dispelled everything you believe is right or wrong about society today.

The art of acting on film has changed greatly. Some of the old films play like a bad soap opera mixed with propaganda films. They are entertaining if you dispelled everything you believe is right or wrong about society today.

Gone With The Wind is a great example.

And Casablanca.

Yes, it is a racist character, but that wasn't even my problem with it. It was a wacky, over the top slapstick character in an otherwise straight-laced-type movie. Just seemed oddly out of place and unnecessary to me.

Yes, it is a racist character, but that wasn't even my problem with it. It was a wacky, over the top slapstick character in an otherwise straight-laced-type movie. Just seemed oddly out of place and unnecessary to me.

Kind of like your face!

Moded