• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

On 10/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, UndertheHalo said:

F*ck them Kurds for not helping out during the Nam. 

May as well call them... the turds!

Just talked to my buddy. Hes bee. In special operations the last 20 years. (No shit, trident and SF tab for anyone who knows what that means). Hes furious, along with everyone else in that community.

This is a horrible move...

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

May as well call them... the turds!

Just talked to my buddy. Hes bee. In special operations the last 20 years. (No shit, trident and SF tab for anyone who knows what that means). Hes furious, along with everyone else in that community.

This is a horrible move...

I’m sure on a personal level for the guys on the ground with the YPG dudes it’s tough. 

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m sure on a personal level for the guys on the ground with the YPG dudes it’s tough. 

Like Iraq, in the sense that when you pull the plug, you have to ask "what the hell did you send me here in the first place if we werent going to finish it".

For sure with the Kurds, though. Theyve been on our side for decades.... dick move to leave them hanging now.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, fan_since79 said:

It could be a trap.

But seriously, who the hell knows what it could be. The whole world's gone insane at this point. 

Just saw that 16 asteroids are heading towards Earth. I'm starting to warm to the idea of a catastrophe to put an end to this crap.

I've been following reports on close asteroids lately and it's down right frightening. Just a few weeks ago an asteroid the size of the empire state building passed about 1/3rd of the distance between the earth and the moon, with it being discovered less than 24 hours before it passed. This has happened multiple times in the last couple of months to a lesser degree. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've been following reports on close asteroids lately and it's down right frightening. Just a few weeks ago an asteroid the size of the empire state building passed about 1/3rd of the distance between the earth and the moon, with it being discovered less than 24 hours before it passed. This has happened multiple times in the last couple of months to a lesser degree. 

Don't think it will happen in my lifetime but it's only a matter of time before one of these things hits. I just hope Fenway is still up when it does.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:33 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Like Iraq, in the sense that when you pull the plug, you have to ask "what the hell did you send me here in the first place if we werent going to finish it".

For sure with the Kurds, though. Theyve been on our side for decades.... dick move to leave them hanging now.

I tend to agree with this but there are only two choices here. Either we just pull our troops now or we stay there forever. There was only around 50 troops on the border that was preventing Turkey from attacking so Turkey would have done this now or if we removed the troops in 20 years. If we think this is bad wait until we take the troops out of Afghanistan. The reality is that we never should have been there in the first place but we can't go to the past and change that. I don't think removing the troops from Syria was the right thing to do so I think we need to accept the fact that we are going to be over there for a long time unless we are willing to just let that region go completely to shit. This shouldn't come as a surprise as Trump did campaign that he wanted to do this. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I tend to agree with this but there are only two choices here. Either we just pull our troops now or we stay there forever. There was only around 50 troops on the border that was preventing Turkey from attacking so Turkey would have done this now or if we removed the troops in 20 years. If we think this is bad wait until we take the troops out of Afghanistan. The reality is that we never should have been there in the first place but we can't go to the past and change that. I don't think removing the troops from Syria was the right thing to do so I think we need to accept the fact that we are going to be over there for a long time unless we are willing to just let that region go completely to shit. This shouldn't come as a surprise as Trump did campaign that he wanted to do this. 

I don't agree that Turkey would have attacked anyway. Erdogan is a corrupt piece of shit but he's not stupid. If they could have done it at any time they would have already.

Also, just for Adam: This conveniently benefits no one except Erdogan and Putin. Also also, it was done literally on Putin's birthday.

*X-Files theme plays*

26 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't agree that Turkey would have attacked anyway. Erdogan is a corrupt piece of shit but he's not stupid. If they could have done it at any time they would have already.

Also, just for Adam: This conveniently benefits no one except Erdogan and Putin. Also also, it was done literally on Putin's birthday.

*X-Files theme plays*

I should have clarified that they would have done it once we left, whether that was today or in 20 years. No way they would have done it with our presence there. 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

I should have clarified that they would have done it once we left, whether that was today or in 20 years. No way they would have done it with our presence there. 

I came across an article that had some current or former official talked about how the US pulling out could mean another couple decades of fighting over there.  People in the comments section pointed out that the current conflict has been going on for four decades not to mention other conflicts in the region that go back centuries.  I'm not saying it was the right move but so many of the things we get involved in aren't going to end because of us.    

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I came across an article that had some current or former official talked about how the US pulling out could mean another couple decades of fighting over there.  People in the comments section pointed out that the current conflict has been going on for four decades not to mention other conflicts in the region that go back centuries.  I'm not saying it was the right move but so many of the things we get involved in aren't going to end because of us.    

Like I said before, we never should have went over there. We did and we can't take it back. We probably will be and should there the remainder of my lifetime. 

Agreed but the problem is there's too many places we can say that about and I'd bet the list only grows in our lifetimes.  If us having just a presence there prevents unnecessary war and death then that's what it takes and we shouldn't backtrack.  Ultimately we shouldn't be getting into more conflicts like that as the rest of the world needs to step up when something is wrong.  Problem is when it's the powers (us, China, Russia) doing it they rarely get checked.