• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

They also lied.  Let there be no misunderstanding about that.  They knew the WMD stuff was bullshit.  They knew that Saddam was no friend to Islamic radicals.  And they whipped up the lunatic paranoia of the moment to get people behind the whole thing and turned the country into a big brother surveillance state.  All on the pretext of lies and for the enrichment of the oil industry, themselves and their best fuc*cking pals.  Cheney literally had a map of Iraq carved up for oil companies.  All these guys deserve to spend eternity strapped into Iron Maidens in hell.  

there are literally a million bodies. Fu*ck all of these people forever.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

23 hours ago, Adam said:

Gnar shit. 

Someone smarter than me, which is really just @junkorama and Flop, explain how NATO impacts this stuff. So, the US would have to defend Turkey if it is attacked. Are there any rules preventing the US from defending others against Turkey?

It's an interesting question that I truly don't know the answer to. I can say that keeping some of our peeps there, even if minimal, was a good way of helping ensure that Turkey wasn't attacked because an attack while we were there could be seen as an attack on the US, no?

1 hour ago, junkorama said:

It's an interesting question that I truly don't know the answer to. I can say that keeping some of our peeps there, even if minimal, was a good way of helping ensure that Turkey wasn't attacked because an attack while we were there could be seen as an attack on the US, no?

I see that your fellow Texans feel the same way

2 hours ago, junkorama said:

I think the main benefit of the small number of guys we had there was that neither the Turks or the YPG guys wanted to be risk the possibility of getting tangled up in some action that might cause American casualties.  

4 hours ago, junkorama said:

We wrapped this yesterday while you were busy jerking it to grammarly 

The bottom line is that when it comes to choosing between Turkey and the Kurds the United States chooses Turkey.  It is what it is.  It’s an old important alliance and there’s a ton of  $$$$ Involved.  

Really a pretty stark and good lesson in what US foreign policy is about on the off chance anyone didn’t understand. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The bottom line is that when it comes to choosing between Turkey and the Kurds the United States chooses Turkey.  It is what it is.  It’s an old important alliance and there’s a ton of  $$$$ Involved.  

Really a pretty stark and good lesson in what US foreign policy is about on the off chance anyone didn’t understand. 

it's the same reason why the US doesn't formally recognize the Armenian genocide.