• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

21 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Donny must be hoping to build a high rise in Istanbul

Border wall money. 

But seriously, I think to the person everyone was stunned Obama went boots on the ground in Syria and now 5 years later the pullout is complicated by promises made to the Kurds that Turkey would stay out of their territory. 

The Kurds are getting screwed, that's not historically unusual but it now sends the message that from administration to administration the deals brokered can be broken. Bad optics but I'm not going to say I want troops to stay. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Border wall money. 

But seriously, I think to the person everyone was stunned Obama went boots on the ground in Syria and now 5 years later the pullout is complicated by promises made to the Kurds that Turkey would stay out of their territory. 

The Kurds are getting screwed, that's not historically unusual but it now sends the message that from administration to administration the deals brokered can be broken. Bad optics but I'm not going to say I want troops to stay. 

I don't want them to stay either but I also don't want Mr. Art O' the Deal to just walk away and let the Turks steamroll a loyal group that did a large part of the work he's taking credit for in breaking up the caliphate. It's pure chickenshit from a guy who is made up of pure chickenshit

44 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't want them to stay either but I also don't want Mr. Art O' the Deal to just walk away and let the Turks steamroll a loyal group that did a large part of the work he's taking credit for in breaking up the caliphate. It's pure chickenshit from a guy who is made up of pure chickenshit

I predict we will see a shit ton of Turkish tanks being blown up by TOW missiles that somehow landed in the hands of the Kurds. 

48 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

How do you resolve pulling troops out, then? 

I think that you can broadly want a draw down of US troops in the region while acknowledging that there are some commitments that the United States should honor.  The fairly low level of troops in northern syria, relative to other troop deployments in the region makes it an odd place for a draw down.  After all, Trump just green lit deploying troops to Saudi Arabia.  So, the idea that this about reducing troop levels in the Middle East strikes me as sort of rich.  

One thing is for sure, the US has been fu*cking over the Kurds for decades now.  They probably should start learning a lesson about putting their necks out for the United States. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Trump is either a master troll, or has gone full unhinged.

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!)....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181232249821388801

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Is there any rationality at all to our foreign policy at this point? I don't see what the overall plan is. Is there even a plan??

Trump is very clear about this.  I mean the plan is “winning” 

whether it’s working or not is up for debate. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Is there any rationality at all to our foreign policy at this point? I don't see what the overall plan is. Is there even a plan??

Of course there's an overall plan. You just don't know how to analyze things.

Allow me to break it down for you, as it's slightly complicated and VERY hard to figure out.

dtcash.jpg

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He’s not daring them lol.  100% Turkey is going to invade.  

It could be a trap.

But seriously, who the hell knows what it could be. The whole world's gone insane at this point. 

Just saw that 16 asteroids are heading towards Earth. I'm starting to warm to the idea of a catastrophe to put an end to this crap.