I suspect the overall approach of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, etc to military conflicts and military spending as a much smaller percentage of GDP does.  I can't imagine they have the never ending back and forth like we do in the US every time a new conflict pops up where 40% of the country thinks we should be there, 40% thinks we shouldn't, the other 20% thinks we shouldn't even be talking about it and years later we're still paying for it in lives and dollars.  If the US can ever get it's financial house in order, live within it's means and shifts gears like those countries I'm all for it but I don't see any of that happening.

You can argue over whether or not we ever should have been there but we were there. We were there when the whole world, our people included, were crying scared about the ISIS caliphate going to kill all of us infidels. These Kurds played a large part in squashing that but to their detriment they don't have oil fields like the Iraqi Kurds so our leadership wasn't willing to waste any political capital to get Erdogen off their backs. Typical of what you expect from a president whose only combat experience was gained in the dressing room at the Miss America pageant

34 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You can argue over whether or not we ever should have been there but we were there. We were there when the whole world, our people included, were crying scared about the ISIS caliphate going to kill all of us infidels. These Kurds played a large part in squashing that but to their detriment they don't have oil fields like the Iraqi Kurds so our leadership wasn't willing to waste any political capital to get Erdogen off their backs. Typical of what you expect from a president whose only combat experience was gained in the dressing room at the Miss America pageant

It wasn't about oil fields. It's pretty obvious Turkey has an alliance with Russia and not NATO. Turkey wants to buy F-35's so Russia can test it's S-400 system on them. Erdogan is doing what Putin wants, and so is Trump.

Putin ordered Erdogan to strike the Kurds, so that they can force to take refuge with Assad/Russia and regain total control of Syria and force the US to leave the region. I'm guessing Putin wants a Turkey, Russia, Syria, Iran - NATO type of alliance himself.

After Turkey strikes the Kurds, it gives Trump the excuse he needs to leave Syria altogether. And then he will order sanctions on Turkey which Turkey will then use as an excuse to leave NATO. This entire thing was obviously planned, that's why Trump didn't consult with anyone before he ordered the troops to leave North Syria. Trump knows exactly what's going on, he's a traitor to the United States.

And I'm guessing with Israel being completely exposed and vulnerable now, they will also be forced to seek an alliance with Russia instead.

Russia basically controls the world right now.

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I honestly can't fap to Jamie Lee Curtis because she was born with a wiener.

That would be one tranny I may be willing to bang 

Just now, Rico said:

Seriously, her tits in Trading Places. 😍

I remember being surprised by that scene. The only other movie nudity scene that caught me by that much surprise was Jennifer Lawrence in Red Sparrow. 

So...our government would have you believe that we need to facilitate a regime change in Syria because Assad is so evil and Tulsi is his puppet and also that we must protect the Kurds. Looks like Assad is taking care of the Kurds - something he offered to do a long time ago but which we nixed. 

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/10/14/kurds-make-alliance-with-assad-victory-for-america-but-not-for-neocons/

4 hours ago, Adam said:

So...our government would have you believe that we need to facilitate a regime change in Syria because Assad is so evil and Tulsi is his puppet and also that we must protect the Kurds. Looks like Assad is taking care of the Kurds - something he offered to do a long time ago but which we nixed. 

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/10/14/kurds-make-alliance-with-assad-victory-for-america-but-not-for-neocons/

that was very insightful. thanks.

39 minutes ago, Rico said:

Lots of information  bullshit on this guy here. 

Fixed it for you...
Who the F*ck cares what he was as a child?  The man killed thousands in terrible ways.  Her hero worship piece was a joke.  A new low even for the NYT.