• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Agreed but the problem is there's too many places we can say that about and I'd bet the list only grows in our lifetimes.  If us having just a presence there prevents unnecessary war and death then that's what it takes and we shouldn't backtrack.  Ultimately we shouldn't be getting into more conflicts like that as the rest of the world needs to step up when something is wrong.  Problem is when it's the powers (us, China, Russia) doing it they rarely get checked.  

Yeah right

Yeah I know it's a pipe dream.  Conversely we could just stay the **** out of it until someone else is forced to step up or just stay out of some things all together but I know that's an even bigger pipe dream.  In Sweden one of our guides talked about how Sweden practices neutrality and didn't join NATO.  I'm sure that at least has something to do with them being happier, healthier and better off financially as a country.  

11 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Yeah I know it's a pipe dream.  Conversely we could just stay the **** out of it until someone else is forced to step up or just stay out of some things all together but I know that's an even bigger pipe dream.  In Sweden one of our guides talked about how Sweden practices neutrality and didn't join NATO.  I'm sure that at least has something to do with them being happier, healthier and better off financially as a country.  

For sure.  Definitely not the social welfare state. 

I suspect the overall approach of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, etc to military conflicts and military spending as a much smaller percentage of GDP does.  I can't imagine they have the never ending back and forth like we do in the US every time a new conflict pops up where 40% of the country thinks we should be there, 40% thinks we shouldn't, the other 20% thinks we shouldn't even be talking about it and years later we're still paying for it in lives and dollars.  If the US can ever get it's financial house in order, live within it's means and shifts gears like those countries I'm all for it but I don't see any of that happening.

You can argue over whether or not we ever should have been there but we were there. We were there when the whole world, our people included, were crying scared about the ISIS caliphate going to kill all of us infidels. These Kurds played a large part in squashing that but to their detriment they don't have oil fields like the Iraqi Kurds so our leadership wasn't willing to waste any political capital to get Erdogen off their backs. Typical of what you expect from a president whose only combat experience was gained in the dressing room at the Miss America pageant

34 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You can argue over whether or not we ever should have been there but we were there. We were there when the whole world, our people included, were crying scared about the ISIS caliphate going to kill all of us infidels. These Kurds played a large part in squashing that but to their detriment they don't have oil fields like the Iraqi Kurds so our leadership wasn't willing to waste any political capital to get Erdogen off their backs. Typical of what you expect from a president whose only combat experience was gained in the dressing room at the Miss America pageant

It wasn't about oil fields. It's pretty obvious Turkey has an alliance with Russia and not NATO. Turkey wants to buy F-35's so Russia can test it's S-400 system on them. Erdogan is doing what Putin wants, and so is Trump.

Putin ordered Erdogan to strike the Kurds, so that they can force to take refuge with Assad/Russia and regain total control of Syria and force the US to leave the region. I'm guessing Putin wants a Turkey, Russia, Syria, Iran - NATO type of alliance himself.

After Turkey strikes the Kurds, it gives Trump the excuse he needs to leave Syria altogether. And then he will order sanctions on Turkey which Turkey will then use as an excuse to leave NATO. This entire thing was obviously planned, that's why Trump didn't consult with anyone before he ordered the troops to leave North Syria. Trump knows exactly what's going on, he's a traitor to the United States.

And I'm guessing with Israel being completely exposed and vulnerable now, they will also be forced to seek an alliance with Russia instead.

Russia basically controls the world right now.

So...our government would have you believe that we need to facilitate a regime change in Syria because Assad is so evil and Tulsi is his puppet and also that we must protect the Kurds. Looks like Assad is taking care of the Kurds - something he offered to do a long time ago but which we nixed. 

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/10/14/kurds-make-alliance-with-assad-victory-for-america-but-not-for-neocons/

4 hours ago, Adam said:

So...our government would have you believe that we need to facilitate a regime change in Syria because Assad is so evil and Tulsi is his puppet and also that we must protect the Kurds. Looks like Assad is taking care of the Kurds - something he offered to do a long time ago but which we nixed. 

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2019/10/14/kurds-make-alliance-with-assad-victory-for-america-but-not-for-neocons/

that was very insightful. thanks.