• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

i believe very much in the idea that the only thing necessary for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing. i think the brutality of the asaad regime needs to come to an end.

that being said, it's hard to see any kind of winner in this battle. supporting the rebels could mean supporting al qaeda/the muslim brotherhood (depending on who you believe), that just cannot happen. surgical strikes can be used, but to what end? do we help bring about the downfall of this dicatator? is replacing asaad with a different dictator something we should be involved in? is israel at threat here and in need of our assistance? do we just let them work it out and let the chips fall where they may?

i don't see any winner in this conflict. i don't see the need, at this point in time, for the U.S. to get involved militarily. this is where we could really use another henry kissinger and try to broker a peace deal, something we haven't been able to do in foreign affairs in a long, long time. 

As long as he agrees with you now, right?

I'm not concerned with what someone's previous opinions were. If they are right about a current topic then what they were wrong about previously is irrelevant. Look at this board. Half the people in here supported the Iraq War in 2003 and the other half voted for Obama in 2008. We've all been wrong before. But we're all* right about this. That's all that matters right now.

*Except Scott

The obama regime has announced that it will courteously grant Congress the right to vote for or against a new war in Syria but that they will attack Syria regardless of the vote outcome.

http://www.infowars.com/kerry-vows-obama-will-violate-constitution-ahead-of-syria-group-meeting/

Oh by the way, there or numerous reports of the Syrian rebels admitting that they were behind the chemical attack.  

I've only been reading this thread, but I just found this hilarious.  Linking Alex Jones' website as if it were a legitimate view on what is going on.  The guy is a nut case.

Caught a bit of CNN or MSNBC and they had a congress members from I think CA who was a democrat and she said there's no way she was voting for it and that if anything they need to take things slower.  Almost sounded like given the lack of support for it by other countries (and hopefully US citizens) it would take something ridiculous to get her to vote for it. 

That is what you get out of this entire thread?

Don't be so narrow focused.  Obviously I was referring to the guys link and not the thread in itself.  My reference to only reading this thread meant I haven't responded prior.

Edited by Chimi

how come military action seems to be our one and only option? what happened to diplomacy?

Diplomacy doesn't work when you are dealing with people who love death more than they love life.  There is no diplomacy.  That why I say, stay out of it and let them kill each other.  Its what THEY want.