• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

I love it when high school kids think they know everything.

Scott, you never addressed my challenge.  Can you show me from our military's actions in the last 60 years (and also all of the secret actions) what there is to trust that this action will be for good?  Can you show me why I should trust a government that out and out spies on their own people?  

Kosovo, Bosnia?

I meant the rebels are not synonymous with AQ.

There is solid evidence that Al Qaeda has a significant military presence in syria, and it has been confirmed that they are backing the rebel forces.   They are attempting, and perhaps successfully, to take control of the rebel effort to overthrow assad and establish their own regime and expand their influence in the region.

this civil war is no longer the people trying to overthrow the dictator, it has involved into a power struggle between and al qaeda and assad.    IT has nothing to do with "civil rights" and humanitarianism.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/citizen-warrior/2013/aug/30/syrians-al-qaeda-hijacked-revolution-civil-war/

There is solid evidence that Al Qaeda has a significant military presence in syria, and it has been confirmed that they are backing the rebel forces.   They are attempting, and perhaps successfully, to take control of the rebel effort to overthrow assad and establish their own regime and expand their influence in the region.

this civil war is no longer the people trying to overthrow the dictator, it has involved into a power struggle between and al qaeda and assad.    IT has nothing to do with "civil rights" and humanitarianism.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/citizen-warrior/2013/aug/30/syrians-al-qaeda-hijacked-revolution-civil-war/

Yup.  The Arab Spring that started this is long gone.  Al Qaeda has has taken over the rebels.

I guess you're missing the part where the FSA has 80,000 + fighters.

Being controlled and influenced by who?  Al Qaeda if nothing else has proven itself to be very organized and capable of bringing people to their cause, and their strength has grown significantly since the start of the "war on terror."

You honestly think they aren't capable of seizing the leadership and direction of an army of defectors, paramilitary fighters, and foreign terrorist operatives (many of whom are al qaeda)?

Being controlled and influenced by who? Al Qaeda if nothing else has proven itself to be very organized and capable of bringing people to their cause, and their strength has grown significantly since the start of the "war on terror."

You honestly think they aren't capable of seizing the leadership and direction of an army of defectors, paramilitary fighters, and foreign terrorist operatives (many of whom are al qaeda)?

Under the leadership of Gen Idriss and the SMC.

No, the FSA doesn't even operate with AQ and in the towns where AQ has tried to completely take over (Raqqa) the people have stood up against it. They won't settle for AQ either.

Under the leadership of Gen Idriss and the SMC.

No, the FSA doesn't even operate with AQ and in the towns where AQ has tried to completely take over (Raqqa) the people have stood up against it. They won't settle for AQ either.

Leadership that is tenuous, at best.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/07/190602/syrian-rebel-leader-salim-idriss.html#.UiE2Sn8pgZ8

Because the people telling us it's the right thing are the same people who have perpetrated a whole lot of bad things.

Bottom line, I do not trust the U.S. government at all.

Again to my point,

Do you distrust all these other nations that have concluded what the US did..?

Do you just make that up in your mind? Because A) FSA hates AQ and they would never put up with them and B) the FSA are Syrians...

You are 100% wrong.  Reports out of Syria for months has discussed Al Qaeda being involved with them.

"Free Syrian Army routinely conducts joint operations with al Qaeda

Free Syrian Army units are known to conduct joint attacks and administer areas of Syria with al Qaeda's affiliates in Syria, despite claims from senior Free Syrian Army leaders that they oppose the Al Nusrah Front and the ISIL."

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/08/al_qaeda_rebel_group.php

Edited by Jim B

I don't care if it was Assad who gassed those people. It's not our problem and it does not create an imminent threat to this country. We are not as powerful as the President would have us believe. That fact is self evident by the lack of international support we are receiving for intervening militarily in this civil war.

We are broke, our international reputation is probably the worst it's been in the history of the country, and the overwhelming majority of the American public do not want to be involved in Syria.

There are two reasons why I see our government getting us involved in this:

1: Israel

2: Military contractors

We are supposed to be winding down our military conflicts, not creating new ones.