• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

I don't care if it was Assad who gassed those people. It's not our problem and it does not create an imminent threat to this country. We are not as powerful as the President would have us believe. That fact is self evident by the lack of international support we are receiving for intervening militarily in this civil war.

We are broke, our international reputation is probably the worst it's been in the history of the country, and the overwhelming majority of the American public do not want to be involved in Syria.

There are two reasons why I see our government getting us involved in this:

1: Israel

2: Military contractors

We are supposed to be winding down our military conflicts, not creating new ones.

Ya, I think it says a lot about this whole thing that we're chomping at the bit to get involved and still couldn't get the UK aboard.

What's happening to civilians in Syria(whoever is doing it) is obviously horrible, but this just isn't a civil war we should be forcing ourselves into the middle of and steering into World War III.

It's not a particularly easy idea to swallow after seeing what's happened there, but I think this is where we should slowly back away and clean up our own messes before we change back into our World Police costumes.

Because it is not our job. It is not our responsiblility. And the facts regarding this issue is questionable at best.

It is too bad that innocent lives are being lost. But that has happened since the dawn of time and the US wasn't there to swoop in and save the day. This is not our fight. We have no business being involved and will only do more harm then good. Let them kill each other.

It is too bad that innocent lives are being lost. But that has happened since the dawn of time and the US wasn't there to swoop in and save the day. This is not our fight. We have no business being involved and will only do more harm then good. Let them kill each other.

It sounds so cruel to say, "let them kill each other", but the reality is many countries all over the world - especially in the Middle East - go through these type of horrific shifts over and over again.  It's is just best to just let them play out.

Scott34, I'm guessing you are young and really don't remember the world before we got knee deep in Iraq and Afghanistan. But for all of us on here that do remember life before and certainly the last 10 years, that is the reason we are all 100% COMPLETELY against this bull crap. We got fooled once/twice but not again.

even if everything our politicians are saying is true about the assad regime, there is no reason for us to militarily intervene.

we didn't give a shit when our ally saddam hussien gassed thousands kurds in northern iraq. why the sudden outrage?

our government is completely morally bankrupt and has been for many years.