• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

Shellback, there are several countries where you could move to where your pension and SS would be enough to live fairly comfortably.

I would suggest researching something like "cheapest countries for retirees".

If I don't end up with grandkids, this is something I think I may do.

it makes me very sad what our country has turned into. 4 yrs USN and another 17 in government service. i am ashamed to admit i would like to leave it.

He will let the UN inspectors finish up on Saturday and then drop bombs on sunday.

Have they allowed the UN inspectors to go into the areas they stopped them from going two days ago?  I haven't heard they have and without doing so, UN inspectors can't properly do their jobs.

the whole thing is a religious war- saudis, qartaris are bankrolling the insugents- they are sunni muslims.

iran etc are shiites which the syrian ruling class of allowhite muslims are an offshoot of.

once again, the saudis are going to get us to do thier dirty work. for the life of me, i cannot understand what it is we owe the saudis.

it makes me very sad what our country has turned into. 4 yrs USN and another 17 in government service. i am ashamed to admit i would like to leave it.

I agree. I love what this country has stood for in the past, but what it is now is not just sad it is disturbing.  Our hands are so covered in blood.  It seems like almost everything bad that happens in this world is somehow tied to us in some way.  I've seen what our bombs and presence did in South East Asia.  I'm sure it's just as bad or worse in the Middle East.  I wonder how many of our own troops have been killed by weapons that originated in this country. 

Have they allowed the UN inspectors to go into the areas they stopped them from going two days ago?  I haven't heard they have and without doing so, UN inspectors can't properly do their jobs.

Yeah, they are there.  The UN basically gave Obama the finger and went it anyways (even though Obama called Ban the day before and personally tried to disuade him)

Yeah, they are there.  The UN basically gave Obama the finger and went it anyways (even though Obama called Ban the day before and personally tried to disuade him)

Thanks.  I hadn't read that yet.  My guess is that they will come back with evidence that shows chemical weapons were used, but they won't have evidence of who used them.

When it comes to a country's civil war, no one should butt in. Within reason of course. Should have been the same with Libya. Can't remember if we did anything in Egypt.

It's their war, let them handle it.

Haha your knowledge is vast.

Let me ask, what was the average Libyan supposed to do? The average Syrian?

Scott you're an ignorant high school kid. I really don't mean that to be mean. I truly don't. In 2003 I was turning 18 and the Iraq war was about to start. I supported it (although I toyed with the idea of joininig the military, i didn't) and couldn't fathom why people would be against it. The "evidence" was all right there that a war was needed. You have to remember this was less than two years after 9/11 and I got caught up in it. From March of 2002 to March of 2003 all you heard was wmds this and wmds that.

Well looks like I was wrong. I got caught up in the rush to war without thinking about the long term consequences to those that would be involved. Especially a war that was based on lies. A war that has been economically damaging to us. A war that has physically and emotionally destroyed people on both sides and brought heartache to families. I can recognize some good things that came from that war but one must ask, was it worth it in the end?

You can make your snide remark about my knowledge being vast but I really question yours. If we are really needed in Syria and their war is an immediate threat to us, I'll support it. But it'll take some convincing and real evidence. Don't be so eager to rush into war Scott. Boots on the ground or not.

Oh and what is the average Libyan or Syrian supposed to do? Fight their own goddamn war.

Edited by Kevin

Lose the argument = blame it on my age.

Good work.

Also, women and children are supposed to fight with what arms? Against a full Air Force, and army backed by Hezbollah, Iran, etc. that's an even fight!

The cloud of Iraq is clouding our judgement and will be looked back upon as a terrible humanitarian mistake.

Didn't lose shit man. Sorry if you see it that way. You're getting caught up in something that is eerily reminiscent of something that happened ten years ago. When you were how old? That's not supposed to be an insult. Just a fact.

I really don't care what a fair fight is. It's their war. The U.S. has done some real sketchy stuff but we've also been very charitable at the cost of the taxpayer. For once I think we should be selfish and let the world solve their own problems.

The Iraq war is not clouding our judgement. It's doing what history should always do for us. Teach us and help us learn from past mistakes.

Edited by Kevin

Didn't lose shit man. Sorry if you see it that way. You're getting caught up in something that is eerily reminiscent of something that happened ten years ago. When you were how old? That's not supposed to be an insult. Just a fact.

I really don't care what a fair fight is. It's their war. The U.S. has done some real sketchy stuff but we've also been very charitable at the cost of the taxpayer. For once I think we should be selfish and let the world solve their own problems.

The Iraq war is not clouding our judgement. It's doing what history should always do for us. Teach us and help us learn from past mistakes.

So they should either not protest and live under tyranny forever? Or try to fight in certain death?

Let me ask you, how are Iraq and Syria similar in your eyes?

Scott, if push comes to shove and we do go to war and it goes big, are you prepared to enlist (or possibly be forced to by a draft) and fight that war? Put your money where your mouth is. Is your life worth that of a Syrian?

Edited by Cory

Scott, if push comes to shove and we do go to war and it goes big, are you prepared to enlist (or possibly be forced to by a draft) and fight that war? Put your money where your mouth is. Is your life worth that of a Syrian?

Sure.  I'm actually considering joining the Air Force anyway.

It looks to me that the end game here is to provoke Iran. A small strike in Syria then the Iranians will either attack our interests or something will happen that we can pin on them. Then we can get a fresh generation of kids to fall for the bait and switch war philosophy that it necessary now that our forces are all voluntary.

If they don't want to live under tyranny and oppression, good for them to fight back. I can support that from a moral stand point. However, this country has some serious issues that need to be addressed. It's time to focus on ourselves. Sorry syria, do what you can or go knock on someone else's door.

Iraq and Syria. Both had and have brutal dictators. Chemical warfare is a topic for both but it's pretty uncertain if they exist or who is using them therefore the intelligence isn't rock solid. The presence of al qaeda connections (although I truly believe they do, which side are they on?) Afghanistan should be our focus. Not Iraq or Syria. Not another war in another country (while I have always supported this war, it's grown stale and is not winnable and we must focus on finishing that up.)

Also throwing some missiles or sending troops in to fight without authorization of congress is against the constitution.

If we actually get involved, I'll show the similarities between the two when it comes to money and lives.

It looks to me that the end game here is to provoke Iran. A small strike in Syria then the Iranians will either attack our interests or something will happen that we can pin on them. Then we can get a fresh generation of kids to fall for the bait and switch war philosophy that it necessary now that our forces are all voluntary.

I'm interested in your perspective, being in the Middle East and all.

Playing Devil's Advocate, wouldn't doing nothing send a larger message to Iran?  They would then feel like there are no consequences for what they do.

I'm interested in your perspective, being in the Middle East and all.

Playing Devil's Advocate, wouldn't doing nothing send a larger message to Iran?  They would then feel like there are no consequences for what they do.

This is two pronged. The Americans have their own reasons for wanting to deal with Iran. For the countries here it's simple. They want to cut the head off the Shia monster. It's going to happen. Just a matter of time and getting the right opportunity. Is this the right opportunity? Could be. We'll find out pretty soon.

I'm also an Air Force veteran. If you want any advice or input you can PM me.

Scott, I think the  point is that there is wrong, evil stuff going on all over the world.  Why is Syria more important than Sudan, or Myanmar or Tibet?

My problem with the U.S. intervention is that it isn't for the reasons they tout.  They tout what they think the american public will follow.  Not the truth, which is much darker.

Look at the history of our deeds in the last 60 years and tell me what there is that should convince me that this time it will be for the right reasons.