• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

**** this country.

No Cory.  NOT this country.  The assholes running it.

Who knows - I have heard there is somewhere between 80% and 85% who oppose BHO and the war mongers who want to make names for themselves.  Maybe, jut maybe, this is the wake up call to the American people that we need real change in leadership to fix this mess.

Who knows - I have heard there is somewhere between 80% and 85% who oppose BHO and the war mongers who want to make names for themselves.  Maybe, jut maybe, this is the wake up call to the American people that we need real change in leadership to fix this mess.

I was implying my "**** this country" as "**** our government"

I think any of the last 6 presidents try to do the same thing (in fact, I'm guessing 5 of those don't even ask congress to approve it).

It's not the leaders, it's the people behind the leaders (no matter who they are) and the system.

Sorry you feel that way Scott. Nothing disrespectful was said here. If you don't like the fact some of us are old enough to remember history (very recent history) and therefore very concerned about what's going on, probably isn't the best thread for you.

I think any of the last 6 presidents try to do the same thing (in fact, I'm guessing 5 of those don't even ask congress to approve it).

It's not the leaders, it's the people behind the leaders (no matter who they are) and the system.

Don't give BHO too many props for asking congress.  If congress votes it down, he is going to blame it on the republican who love to see women and children die at the hands of evil people.

Hopefully the American public will call bullshit when he does.

Diplomacy doesn't work when you are dealing with people who love death more than they love life.  There is no diplomacy.  That why I say, stay out of it and let them kill each other.  Its what THEY want.

For (a very large group of) people that you've never met and have no clue about you sure know a lot about them.

And it doesn't take long for you to start blaming democrats in an agreed topic like staying out of this war. Good job A25, you officially are back.

Don't give BHO too many props for asking congress.  If congress votes it down, he is going to blame it on the republican who love to see women and children die at the hands of evil people.

Hopefully the American public will call bullshit when he does.

Everything in politics is politically motivated.  That being said, it was still the right thing to do.

The administration is going around drumming up positive press for a possible military action.

We're ****ed.

it's really been presented as the only option available, too. why? given how things went in iraq and afghanistan, i'm very surprised at obama's quickness in publicly saying he wants to have the military option approved right away. hopefully what he does is more like reagan in libya than dubya in iraq, if that's the route he takes.

didn't he give a lot of blame to dubya for getting us involved in two wars with no end in sight? how would military action from him be any different?

likely yet another case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Meh Afghanistan I'm ok with, especially in the beginning. Military action was needed since the Taliban wouldn't have over Osama. It was providing a base of operations for future terrorist attacks and training new jihadists (monkey bars and all) at their camps. Having said that, it's time to get out of there. We've done the best we could. Leave with a warning about letting their country become a breeding ground for terrorism against the U.S. or face the consequences.

I would really like the Supreme Court to make some sort of determination on war powers because I am really tired of the executive and legislators fighting about who can do what but Congress would have to sue and they are too cowardly to do that. You would think it would have happened already but maybe Congress thinks it will lose which would really be the only explanation. 

If all of the chemical weapons are in Assad's control how do you figure that the rebels conducted this attack?

The rebels had access to them from a year ago when some of the Syrian stockpile was compromised.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/yes-the-syrian-rebels-do-have-access-to-chemical-weapons/5347611

Edited by Mile High Dreams

I would really like the Supreme Court to make some sort of determination on war powers because I am really tired of the executive and legislators fighting about who can do what but Congress would have to sue and they are too cowardly to do that. You would think it would have happened already but maybe Congress thinks it will lose which would really be the only explanation.

Only way to get that to happen is if a person or group creates a lawsuit against the President and/or congress, I think.

Reports coming out now that Senate is going to vote tomorrow. If the senate turns its back on their constituents, it's time for all of us, left, right, and in between to come together and hold those voting in favor accountable.

Unfortunately the only thing we will do is bitch and moan on twitter and facebook.