• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

I love how the Arab League is complaining to the UN knowing well that it will be the US that takes action.

Personally I don't care about Syria, if they are killing each other and how they are doing it.  Let the middle east deal with it if at all.  No matter what we do, they will still end up killing each other in barbaric ways.

Interesting fact.  Many historians believe that the reason behind the barbaric ways of the middle east can be linked to two things.  The first 1000 years AD the middle east was one of if not the top scholar centers of the world in both philosophy and innovation.  In around 1100 AD a regime change happened and the new leader ordered all literature on science and philosophy destroyed in the name of Allah.  At the same time, Jews & Christians were adapting their religion to be more accepting of modern views and acceptance of education as a tool to advance.

The second reason would be the way we drew the lines of the middle east countries in the 19th century with total disregard to which tribes were in which region, many times putting multiple opposing tribes in the same country.  Thus causing conflict.

Good post nate.  At one point Islam was one of the leaders in science and math, they were a learned people.  The didn't consume cultures, they would join and at times even practice some of the different cultural things that were beneficial.

As to point number two, one would have to wonder why we were drawing the lines to begin with.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/obama-syria-chemical-weapons-proposal-96547.html

I wonder if Putin is going to give us a great phrase like "peace for our time" before America completely disregards the resolution and bombs anyway. This could be a great opportunity for us to back down and for the world to get some unnecessary weapons away from a dictator without using violence but it really just feels like the other side trying to find ways to appease us. We are Nazi Germany and Russia is trying to avoid WWIII. It feels weird to see America in this position.

Edited by HaloMagic

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/obama-syria-chemical-weapons-proposal-96547.html

I wonder if Putin is going to give us a great phrase like "peace for our time" before America completely disregards the resolution and bombs anyway. This could be a great opportunity for us to back down and for the world to get some unnecessary weapons away from a dictator without using violence but it really just feels like the other side trying to find ways to appease us. We are Nazi Germany and Russia is trying to avoid WWIII. It feels weird to see America in this position.

And there is the logical leap into the abyss.

Since this thread started in April there is no change in the ongoing Syrian civil war. They never did invade Israel at 5am on the fisrt Monday in May. Assad is still in power, citizens are being poisoned, Obama, Kerry and McCain are looking to start another war while Russia is the defender of peace in the Middle East by proposing non violent solutions through the UN.

Cluster****.

Russia wants to keep their port in Syria, they know that if America bombs and turns the tide of the war to the rebels that they could lose that very valuable piece of real estate. I don't know how sincere they are in this effort but hey whatever works. 

I truly don't care about their motivation, if this provides a practical way to solve this issue without sending in the military.