• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/05/revisiting-obama-track-record-syrias-chemical-weap/

Revisiting the Obama track record on Syria’s chemical weapons

The [Syria] outcry leads us to revisit a 2014 claim from former Secretary of State John Kerry. Kerry said in a television interview that in Syria, "we got 100 percent of the chemical weapons out."

Syria had agreed in 2013 to an ambitious program to destroy its chemical stockpiles under international supervision, as part of a deal brokered by Russia. When Kerry spoke in July 2014, the process seemed far along. Based on reports from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons -- which later won the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts -- we rated that claim Mostly True. There were caveats about incomplete information, but at the time, international experts said the claim largely held up.

Given recent events, we have pulled that fact-check (you can read an archived version here) because we now have many unanswered questions.

In the days and weeks to come, we will learn more about the recent attacks, but in the interest of providing clear information, we have replaced the original fact-check with this update.

We need a site to fact check the fact checkers

On 6/14/2013 at 11:19 AM, Jay said:

Suddenly we have "proof" that Assad used WMD against the rebels, so that's the trigger that forces us to become more involved?  We didn't believe strongly enough in the rebels' cause before, but now we do?  Sorry, this doesn't pass the smell test.

I agree.

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I agree.

So do I. 

WTF happened to this country? We constantly shit on the Constitution. The President no longer requests Congress to declare war. He simply has the power to invade and bomb whatever country he sees fit without the money to pay for it. History repeating the Roman Empire.

4 hours ago, Lawrence said:

So do I. 

WTF happened to this country? We constantly shit on the Constitution. The President no longer requests Congress to declare war. He simply has the power to invade and bomb whatever country he sees fit without the money to pay for it. History repeating the Roman Empire.

It's no longer important to many politicians and their constituents

On 10/6/2016 at 1:41 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I was reading some sites the other day (no idea how accurate) that the average iranian is actually kind of pro west. That they hate our govt, but "like" the people (and the constitution).

I have a friend whos persian, and a few other guys at work married a persian chick, so ive asked them. They tend to agree, and say that the mullahs and religious police go way overboard, but undercover the general public wants religion seperate from their daily life, and want capitalism. Again, not sure how much of the population feels that way.

But i read (out of the few websites i browsed) an article on the atlantic where the guy travelled throughout and said that was the absolute norm of every encounter. Everyone kept telling him they like america.

Arch, how much do you get the feeling where youre at? My experience (not iran) says different...

Would be great if some country there had a new revolution where more moderate, modern ideas became the norm. Thought maybe libya would be it but alas.

I used to play some online games and chat with a few Iranians years ago. The young people are quite western but the nation is still ruled by the hardline muslim extreme. I was not surprised when we saw near revolution a few years ago.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Thursday that steps are "underway" to organize an "international community effort" to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad, a major policy shift triggered by the latest chemical weapons attack in the country's ongoing civil war.

Nation building. Now that's a winning strategy!

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Thursday that steps are "underway" to organize an "international community effort" to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad, a major policy shift triggered by the latest chemical weapons attack in the country's ongoing civil war.

Nation building. Now that's a winning strategy!

This is why we should stay out of it. Let someone else take the blame for the next assholes that take over Syria. 

There are no good options in Syria, it's like being asked to choose...shall I smash your left ball, or right ball, with this hammer?

What makes it even more worrisome is we have some deranged conspiracy theorist goofball deciding whether or not to lob missiles at a foreign country. The only thing consistent about his decision making is it's complete inconsistency. It's not so much the hypocrisy, but the fact is we don't know does this signal a change in position/long term strategy or did trump just want to say he blew some shit up...for all we know tomorrow he'll be touting the theory that the gas attack was a false flag operation.

• 9 months later...