• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

Russia Trumpets Report That US May Have Sent Javelins to Syrian Rebels

This is funny.  It's like the Russians are trolling the US, Turkey and NATO.

Russia's government-funded RT television said, "If the Kurdish YPG fighters have been armed with Javelin anti-tank missiles by Washington, it is a move that will not go down well with Turkey.

Edited by gotbeer

• 2 weeks later...
The Turks have agreed to be the Euro-Syrian filter in return for them letting them join the club.   http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35754738

What's in the EU-Turkey proposal?

The EU heads said "bold moves" were needed to tackle the crisis, and made the following proposals:

• All new irregular migrants crossing from Turkey to the Greek islands will be returned to Turkey, with the EU meeting the costs. Irregular migrants means all those outside normal transit procedures, ie without documentation. The term "illegal migration" usually refers to people smuggling
  • In exchange for every returned Syrian, one Syrian from Turkey will be resettled in the EU
  • Plans to ease access to the EU for Turkish citizens will be speeded up, with a view to allowing visa-free travel by June 2016
  • EU payment of €3bn ($3.3bn; £2.2bn) promised in October will be speeded up, and a decision will be made on additional funding to help Turkey deal with the crisis. Turkey reportedly asked for EU aid to be increased to €6bn
  • Preparations will be made for a decision on the opening of new chapters in talks on EU membership for Turkey

I see a lot of Syrians going to Turkey, then going back to Syria, then going to Turkey, then going back to Syria.  They will probably have a revolving door at the border, so that they can get their quota for Syrians returned to Syria up.  It'll be the same Syrian, but hey they returned (500 times)

And it's no wonder Britain wants out of the EU. 

I see a lot of Syrians going to Turkey, then going back to Syria, then going to Turkey, then going back to Syria.  They will probably have a revolving door at the border, so that they can get their quota for Syrians returned to Syria up.  It'll be the same Syrian, but hey they returned (500 times)

And it's no wonder Britain wants out of the EU. 

Ya I have a feeling this version of the EU isn't going to be around much longer.

• 5 weeks later...

About 6 weeks ago we got a lookout flyer at work about a guy who was 5150'd. Hes a syrian refugee, and made statements that he planned to kill his wife. At the hospital he threatened the staff, saying americans are all filthy and should die. At his hearing he claimed to be a terrorist and said he planned to kill his wife, and his brother.

Hes probably just a kook, but....

The info we got said the marriage was for green card issues only.

Anyway, he was released from the hospital on monday

About 6 weeks ago we got a lookout flyer at work about a guy who was 5150'd. Hes a syrian refugee, and made statements that he planned to kill his wife. At the hospital he threatened the staff, saying americans are all filthy and should die. At his hearing he claimed to be a terrorist and said he planned to kill his wife, and his brother.

Thanks Reagan!!

Where?

Id be violating rights if i said where, but i will say central orange county.

Like i said, hes likely just a mouthy kook. Most terrorists try and slip under the radar i would think. And to be fair, we get crazy people making threats all the time. But the marriage for citizenship thing kills me (hopefully not literally)

Id be violating rights if i said where, but i will say central orange county.

Like i said, hes likely just a mouthy kook. Most terrorists try and slip under the radar i would think. And to be fair, we get crazy people making threats all the time. But the marriage for citizenship thing kills me (hopefully not literally)

Don't you know.  Post 9/11, the Patriot Act says they have no rights.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Obama and his think tank are the special ed students of foreign policy. 

They really are. I will applaud Obama for some of the things he's done domestically, but his foreign policy has made the world more chaotic. The Free Syrian Army was always a bunch of terrorists.

Obama should've supported Assad, but he threw him under the bus years ago.