• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Syria

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I have a feeling Iraq will help the Kurds to buffer them from Turkey. Granted it’s not as effective as U.S. troops but have no fear, we probably have enough CIA agent’s in the area to fill Delaware. 

but nobody cares if Delaware gets bombed

5 hours ago, nate said:

Mattis just quit because of this.  Rumors that a bunch of Trumps advisers said not to.  One of the few things I agree with him on though.  We need to get out of the region all together.

Okay the administration is what it is. But what would make Mattis throw a temper tantrum? It isn't like leaving Syria jeopardizes national security in the least. What motivating factor would push him to this decision. I doubt it's a good one. If he had those kind of principles, he wouldn't have served this long.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Okay the administration is what it is. But what would make Mattis throw a temper tantrum? It isn't like leaving Syria jeopardizes national security in the least. What motivating factor would push him to this decision. I doubt it's a good one. If he had those kind of principles, he wouldn't have served this long.

Yea, I don't give Mattis any credence.

I am sure his objections are due to his sizable investment in the defense contract sector.  After all, ISIS is their brainchild.  Gotta create a Muslim boogey man to keep justifying their billion dollar defense contracts.

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Mattis was perfectly on board sending troops to the border for a political stunt.  So yeah, why now?

11 hours ago, Thomas said:

He's a life long, retired, Marine that's 69 years old. Why continue to serve this way if you completely disagree with your boss? Maybe he just wants to retire instead of dealing with the BS. 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's a life long, retired, Marine that's 69 years old. Why continue to serve this way if you completely disagree with your boss? Maybe he just wants to retire instead of dealing with the BS. 

That's an awfully odd straw to break the camel's back considering the past two plus years.

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Donald Trump?

Look, a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. If the troops are being withdrawn and the US takes the constitutional route of getting involved in wars then I am OK with this. I'm not confident that is the motivation behind this. I honestly don't remember if troop withdrawals was something he campaigned on or not. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Look, a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. If the troops are being withdrawn and the US takes the constitutional route of getting involved in wars then I am OK with this. I'm not confident that is the motivation behind this. I honestly don't remember if troop withdrawals was something he campaigned on or not. 

Trump pulling troops out of a region heavily influence and utilized by Russia doesn't lend itself to many theories.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Trump pulling troops out of a region heavily influence and utilized by Russia doesn't lend itself to many theories.

Yeah, I really don't want to believe it's that sinister. I do try and find the good with most people. It's a flaw that I have