• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Planned Parenthood Uses Partial-Birth Abortions to Sell Baby Parts

Because it should be a last resort and discouraged.

The people that perform the abortion are not likely to discourage it if they are fixin' to make a profit.

Thanks for the answer. The following isnt directed at you nor anyone in particular.

I hate this argument almost as much as the gay marriage argument so I won't pursue it except to say that if one feels that something is a little wrong, one should isolate what that is and reason from there.

This leads to many hard decisions. On the pro-life side, it leads to the rape exception. If morality is easy, its just feelings.

I think the selling of body parts is a side issue used only to inflame passions. If you think abortion is wrong, this is wrong. If you think its OK, then I can't think of a rational reason that the selling of aborted fetuses is wrong.

This is because you're a black-and-white thinker. Can you not see that one can both not be a fan of abortion but also think it should be legal? Or that it isn't an "all or nothing" thing?

Just to be clear, this is one issue where I'm not so clearly on the liberal side. I think abortion should be legal, especially for first trimester and for reasons like rape, incest, the mother's health, maybe severe deformity, etc. But I also think liberals tend to make it into a women's rights issue, which is partially true but also partially a red herring. As I see it, it comes down to the question of when does the life of the fetus have more value than the woman's right to choose. That's a very difficult question to answer, mainly because we don't know the experience of the fetus - how conscious it is.I do think we know that a fetus can experience pain at 20 weeks, so for me it is hard to justify an abortion that late. In other words, except in the case of a very few exceptions, I'd be totally fine with abortions after say 18 weeks or so being made illegal.

Edited by Angelsjunky

I'll help:  http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/jul/17/planned-parenthood-video-context/

The conversation indicates that at least some Planned Parenthood clinics do sell aborted fetal tissue. But Nucatola plainly argues that the money they’re charging is trying to offset the costs associated with tissue procurement -- a legal service.

and yet planned parenthood came out yesterday and made an official apology.  So they clearly understand something wrong happened there.

(aside from the murder of human beings, of course)

No, the apologized for the reason that people often apologize publicly - because of public perception. It doesn't necessarily mean they "understand something wrong happened."

And let's not let the makers of the video off the hook. They edited it to skew what Nucatola was actually saying. That is dishonest.

I'll help:  http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/jul/17/planned-parenthood-video-context/

The conversation indicates that at least some Planned Parenthood clinics do sell aborted fetal tissue. But Nucatola plainly argues that the money they’re charging is trying to offset the costs associated with tissue procurement -- a legal service.

Thanks, man.

No, the apologized for the reason that people often apologize publicly - because of public perception. It doesn't necessarily mean they "understand something wrong happened."

And let's not let the makers of the video off the hook. They edited it to skew what Nucatola was actually saying. That is dishonest.

I don't place much stock in public apologies from anybody.  They're mostly PR.

And yeah, that video was James O'Keefe 101.  I'm sure somebody will come along and post examples of liberals doing the same stuff and that's fine, but it always makes me think of the ridiculous pimp video that so many people got outraged about.  It made him famous.

and yet planned parenthood came out yesterday and made an official apology.  So they clearly understand something wrong happened there.

(aside from the murder of human beings, of course)

Maybe because the court of public opinion doesn't care about facts?

Haven't you been the one railing against this in other threads?  There is nothing clear about what happened and definitely that they did anything wrong.

You mean aside from killing human beings?

I haven't really gone off on PP for what the video shows (or doesn't show).  I do find it funny how quickly the liberal wing has tried so hard to defend this incident.

As if PP is just so pure that there is no way they or anyone associated with them could do anything wrong.

all while she's eating her salad.

yeah, she was so casual about it, like she was describing work being done on her pool. incredibly disturbing.

it didn't seem clear to me who is buying these parts and what they're using them for. i think that information would be useful.

yeah, she was so casual about it, like she was describing work being done on her pool. incredibly disturbing.

it didn't seem clear to me who is buying these parts and what they're using them for. i think that information would be useful.

You can't be in that line of work without an incredible amount of desensitization, IMO. I couldn't do it.

You mean aside from killing human beings?

I haven't really gone off on PP for what the video shows (or doesn't show).  I do find it funny how quickly the liberal wing has tried so hard to defend this incident.

As if PP is just so pure that there is no way they or anyone associated with them could do anything wrong.

Court of opinion in full effect here.  Abortions are not against the law.

Ok Glen, lets do this.  You are a man of science.  A fetus has every aspect of the definition of life.  Since that is the case, since you argue that a fetus is not a human being, what species do you claim it to be?

I am always humored by the left's unwillingness to own what abortion is.

At least yk is honest about it.

Ok Glen, lets do this.  You are a man of science.  A fetus has every aspect of the definition of life.  Since that is the case, since you argue that a fetus is not a human being, what species do you claim it to be?

I am always humored by the left's unwillingness to own what abortion is.

At least yk is honest about it.

A fetus is a fetus.  To me, a human being is something that can survive outside the womb.  So yes, I would argue that a fetus is not a human being.  It's a fetus.

I understand what abortion is.  I'm not a fan of it and there's never been a time in my life where it was an option somebody with me considered, but I support the right to make that choice, even though I don't agree with it.