• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Planned Parenthood Uses Partial-Birth Abortions to Sell Baby Parts

A fetus is a fetus.  To me, a human being is something that can survive outside the womb.  So yes, I would argue that a fetus is not a human being.  It's a fetus.

I understand what abortion is.  I'm not a fan of it and there's never been a time in my life where it was an option somebody with me considered, but I support the right to make that choice, even though I don't agree with it.

You are talking in circles.  What species is it?  Or when does it change from whatever fantasy species you've cooked up into a human being?

People don't want the government telling them what to do unless it's something they feel strongly about.

Can you point to one time I've argued about abortion being illegal?

I've certainly argued that it is immoral, but you wont find a post where I have talked about the law.  So stop making up arguments for me

Can you point to one time I've argued about abortion being illegal?

I've certainly argued that it is immoral, but you wont find a post where I have talked about the law.  So stop making up arguments for me

That wasn't directed at you. I was responding to skins, the post right above mine.

Take a deep breath. I remembered your position on this in regards to law.

That wasn't directed at you. I was responding to skins, the post right above mine.

Take a deep breath. I remembered your position on this in regards to law.

I'm extremely passionate about this issue.  I find the tactic of hiding behind pseudo science and terminology to be weak sauce.  

No one is going to sway anyone's stance in this debate. To be fair, both sides get caught up in the terminology. Those who support a woman's right to choose want to put it more delicately and those who are pro life want to put it in harsher terms. It's a hot topic in which people will always feel that words matter regardless of where one stands.

perhaps, but all I am asking is for people to own the facts.

I understand I'm not going to change anyone's mind in this debate but I don't think I have to settle for it to not be an honest debate.

If folks don't want to own their position they should just keep it to themselves.

mtangelsfan, I'm sure we can all agree that this is a human being:

Newborn.jpg

But at what point does the embryo become a human being? Is this a human being?

8_3_1_IVF.jpg

What about this?

548063929_d087ee4a1f_b.jpg

Or what about this?

nilsson_rm_photo_of_20_week_fetus.jpg

Here's the point. There are a lot of different stages between the first (early stage embryo) and second pictures (infant). What determines the fetus being a "human being" is a subjective determination. There is no clear factual point at which the fetus is clearly human. In fact, it could be a matter of degree.

I mean, who is more human - this guy...

donald-trump.jpg

Or this guy:

url-2.jpeg

I'd be more OK with "aborting" Donald Trump than the Dalai Lama in a similar sense that I'm more OK aborting the 9-week fetus above than the 20-week fetus just below it. For one thing, the 20-week fetus can supposedly experience pain. And the Dalai Lama, in my opinion, inspires more people, gives more to the world and is a being of higher awareness, consciousness, and compassion than Trump.

Edited by Angelsjunky

i'll ask again . . .

the parts being sold, who's buying them and what are they being used for? are these parts that are studied for research? are these parts being transplanted into other babies? are the cells being harvested for other reasons?

AJ, if the embryo/fetus isn't a human being, what species is it?

Show me in your science book where the breakdown is or where there are different species for growing embryos.

All DNA is there.  You guys can throw out all of the terms like "fetus", "potential" or "inside the mother" but all of those are just word trickery.  They have no science behind them, they are like arguments politicians make to keep you from seeing the truth.

I've always thought we should abandon the term "abortion" and just call it ripping an unborn child from its mother's womb and pitching it in the garbage. Just curious how popular it would be then.

but be careful where you crush

I've always thought we should abandon the term "abortion" and just call it ripping an unborn child from its mother's womb and pitching it in the garbage. Just curious how popular it would be then.

Do you think that people getting abortions don't know what is being done?

People having the procedure likely know what is being done.

I think he's talking about popularity with the general public.  If they knew this sort of thing is going on how much support would there be for it.