• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Stadium Renovation

Angels need a new ballpark -- preferably one built right at the site of the current park -- but with the City of Anaheim that's likely not going to happen.......Arte and Anaheim at logger-heads over a lease extension.....

I don't see that impasse being resolved any time soon.  Could be wrong.

Think Arte is looking elsewhere.

Not a lot of options available but the loser (site) of the current 'bring the NFL back to LA" sites could be a possibility.

at this point, I get the impression, Arte would rather move than give in an inch to the City of Anaheim.......even if the current site remains the best of the possible locations.

Build a new one.  

Personally, IMO, concession stands and restaurants in stadiums that we know today are a waste of money.  You are wanting a full service type establishment for maybe 90-100 days a year.  LA is the king of the food truck industry.  Fill the stadium up with a wide variety of different quality foods should not be difficult, all you would need is slots.  Then when the stadium is empty, then the food trucks just leave, and could continue to make money elsewhere.  It probably would lower the costs at the game also.  

It really is a shame to me that the stadium is in the condition it is, as I really love our park, and if need be, would love to see a big renovation to the stadium as opposed to a rebuilt one.

Build it on the corner of Orangewood and State College.

I believe the city is in the works to build a multi-use facility and apartments on that property along the corner of Orangewood and State College. I read it in the Orange County Business Journal a couple weeks ago, so I don't think Arte would have access to that area. I think the best spot would be on the corner of Orangewood and the Santa Ana River. The way the stadium sits now, it's really just plopped right in the middle of the entire lot, so that corner looks like it would have the most space to build a new stadium.

It will be interesting to see in the next couple years what Arte and company have in mind, as its obvious Angel Stadium is showing its age and is in need of several renovations and updates. It's a shame if they make a new stadium in a completely different area, as IMO Angel Stadium is in a GREAT location from all areas of Orange County. If it comes down to a new stadium, I would like to see them build it somewhere else on the same property.

In n Out, and a Del Taco, of course.  Total bs that neither are represented.  

Ew. Del Taco is fine fill up food after a night of drinking on the town. Other than that, no thanks.

Build a new one.  

Personally, IMO, concession stands and restaurants in stadiums that we know today are a waste of money.  You are wanting a full service type establishment for maybe 90-100 days a year.  LA is the king of the food truck industry.  Fill the stadium up with a wide variety of different quality foods should not be difficult, all you would need is slots.  Then when the stadium is empty, then the food trucks just leave, and could continue to make money elsewhere.  It probably would lower the costs at the game also.  

food trucks at the stadium? what is this, portland?

i like the idea of having a pool in the outfield like they do in arizona (except put in 24 hour guards so no dodgers ever get anywhere near it). maybe make the pool larger so that it's not just for a private party and more fans can use it.

i also like the idea of a retractable roof since i hate sitting in the sun during hot days.

do we have good pizza at the ball park? if not, we should fix that.

Why wouldn't we want an outdoor baseball park in Southern California?

I would be interested in knowing the last time an Angel or Dodger game got rained out.

I could have sworn about two years ago  there was a slight chance of showers in early April and they stated the last Angels' home rain out was either in 1994 or 1998. Either way, it was two years ago so I don't remember exactly. 

Agree with everyone wanting to make a new stadium.  Our stadium is arguably towards the bottom when it comes to looks.  I love the looks of Minute Maid Park, Safeco, PNC Park, Busch Stadium's view, Petco, Progessive, etc.  My personal favorite is Chase Field.

i like the idea of having a pool in the outfield like they do in arizona (except put in 24 hour guards so no dodgers FANS ever get anywhere near it). maybe make the pool larger so that it's not just for a private party and more fans can use it.

*Fixed

Great idea in theory, however 95% of the population I don't want to see in a bathing suit, nor participate with in aquatic activities.

But let's run with the idea, and imagine if along the edge of the high right field wall, they cut off like 5 rows of seats and remodeled the area balcony style, with porch chairs and coolers with beer. And hot tubs that were like infinity pools, spilling over and behind the out of town scoreboard. So many hotties you could talk into coming a game and bringing their bathing suits. Even with a bunch of buddies and some of their girls hanging out in a tub for the game, that would be crazy cool.

i also like the idea of a retractable roof since i hate sitting in the sun during hot days.

Just as my late great east-coast step-grandfather used to call me and my younger brother, you sir, sound like a "California Sissy Boy"

do we have good pizza at the ball park? if not, we should fix that.

Who eats pizza at a baseball game?