• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

Josh is going to serve a short (shorter than expected) suspension and the team will welcome him back with open arms and love him dearly.

Josh will then come out and absolutely rake this year.

Celebration ensues

Hes already going to miss a month of the season no matter what.  If he gets a 1 month suspension it wont really matter.

Hey guys, until I started reading this thread I had no idea what kind of victim Josh Hamilton is.  This is a tragedy - thanks for opening my eyes.

I'd like to find those people who first shoved that cocaine up his nose without his consent (I now understand from that moment forth, Josh is not responsible for anything).

Whoever those people are that did that should be in jail, for a long time.  They had no right forcibly putting that blow up his nose without his consent.  Bastards.

Hey guys, until I started reading this thread I had no idea what kind of victim Josh Hamilton is.  This is a tragedy - thanks for opening my eyes.

I'd like to find those people who first shoved that cocaine up his nose without his consent (I now understand from that moment forth, Josh is not responsible for anything).

Whoever those people are that did that should be in jail, for a long time.  They had no right forcibly putting that blow up his nose without his consent.  Bastards.

i agree

bastards

It's simple guys.

Anyone with any sort of addiction are wired differently. Like someone with autism, learning disability, or even psychological issues like depression, panic attacks, or anxiety.

Where some of you get that there is some sort of on and off switch is absurd and ignorant. I'm guessing you guys believe retards should suddenly have better motor skills or people with anxiety disorders should stop being pussies?

There's a lot that goes into everyone's make up. From genetics, to childhood development, to traumatic events. Who know what or why he became an addict or has addictive personality disorder, but it's his makeup and with him the rest of his life like his hair color.

It's just astounding that some here who probably have a deemed normal life think that's the norm for everyone and people that don't live or fit in their makeup are some how terrible people or treated like some kind of **** up.

You're right.  Hamilton is a weak-minded idiot and there's no on/off switch to make him smart.  He needs a keeper to ensure he puts his t-shirt on the right way, and to make sure he doesn't do coke.

As I read posts like this I wonder if people are apologizing for Hamilton or for their own lack of self-control.

You're right. Hamilton is a weak-minded idiot and there's no on/off switch to make him smart. He needs a keeper to ensure he puts his t-shirt on the right way, and to make sure he doesn't do coke.

As I read posts like this I wonder if people are apologizing for Hamilton or for their own lack of self-control.

I don't see people apologizing for Hamilton, I see people understanding the actions of an addict. I haven't been to involved in this thread because it really is out of control and quite predictable. I am curious how this thread would go if it wasn't an under performing, over paid player that isn't very likable going through this.

suspension begins once he's on the active roster

Not sure how that would work....rather than DL him, just keep him on the active roster, serve the 25 games while he's rehabing the shoulder and he'll be playing about when he would have anyway...

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Manfred gives him more than 25 games...maybe 50....

I saw the clip of Trout talking about the absence of Hamilton.  Trout freaking aced the Mike Scioscia Media Sundbite class that I am sure he had to take. 

Trout said all the right vanilla quotes, what a great guy Hamilton is, how he'll be missed, etc.  You would have thought it was Mike himself talking about Jose Guillen in the fall of 2004.

I saw the clip of Trout talking about the absence of Hamilton.  Trout freaking aced the Mike Scioscia Media Sundbite class that I am sure he had to take. 

Trout said all the right vanilla quotes, what a great guy Hamilton is, how he'll be missed, etc.  You would have thought it was Mike himself talking about Jose Guillen in the fall of 2004.

And you were expecting?

It's not a spectrum, I just tend to look at things through a clinical perspective. But it's just jargon and perspective, ultimately we see things pretty close. I try to be careful with my wording because I used to call guys like him losers like some here not knowing what I was talking about.

Unfortunately, my knowledge comes from a mostly bad place because my better half sometimes needs to simply talk about what she sees. The alcoholic dad that puts his cigarette butts out on kids or the dad that kills the mom and every kid in the family but one that she deals with. It's almost traumatic listening to these, but she does a good job of painting the psychological defects that people here wouldn't get.

Its a good thing these are outliers and not the norm. Horrible

Yea, Trout should have talked about Hamilton the way Kobe talks about Smush Parker, that would have shown the kind of leader and team mate Trout is.

I wasn't being sarcastic.  Trout was great. 

Although we all like to make fun of Scioscia's ridiculous soundbites, Mike has saved himself tons of grief over the years by sticking to that plain vanilla script.  He's never had to spend an ounce of energy having to revisit bad quotes.

Mike understands there is little upside to antagonistic quotes (toward his players).  Huge downside.

I don't see people apologizing for Hamilton, I see people understanding the actions of an addict. I haven't been to involved in this thread because it really is out of control and quite predictable. I am curious how this thread would go if it wasn't an under performing, over paid player that isn't very likable going through this.

That he is an addict and under performing and not very likeable are not mutually exclusive.

Regardless how long the suspension is, this whole thing will be hanging over the team's head for the next three years, until we are free and clear of Hamilton. He will have a microscope on him from now on. It's bound to affect his production. This year is shot. A 2016 season of .300/30/100? I wouldn't bet on it.

Angels will also give $2,000,000 to Josh's scam foundation during the life of the contract.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/hamiltons-contract-valued-123-million-mlb

I'd love to read the latest tax returns for this foundation.  The only one i can find online is the initial year (2012).

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/455/455476195/455476195_201212_990EZ.pdf

I vent as much as anyone. But when it comes to the off field stuff, that is best left untouched.

No one truly knows if an addiction is something a person is born with, but it is possible. Combine that plus a person's surroundings and anything is possible.

I have been hugely disappointed in Hackilton the player. I am also rooting on Hamilton the person as he works to overcome this terrible addiction.